Smyrna vs. Oakland

SHSBaseballLaz

is this game worth of a sell out crowd for both teams? will it break any attendance records?

it will be hard to beat 20,000 people that showed up at MTSU for the RIVERDALE oakland game in 98 and who knows how many other big crowds that ws drawn over the years ..also there is no sell out in high school high schools do not turn money away

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will be hard to beat 20,000 people that showed up at MTSU for the RIVERDALE oakland game in 98 and who knows how many other big crowds that ws drawn over the years ..also there is no sell out in high school high schools do not turn money away

maybe for football but each of the siegel vs oakland bball games i played in the broke records,stopped selling tickets,caused a fire hazard,and had half of the murfreesboro police at the game

maybe for football but each of the siegel vs oakland bball games i played in the broke records,stopped selling tickets,caused a fire hazard,and had half of the murfreesboro police at the game

Thats because Bball is INSIDE and the Fire Marshall sets capacity limits. On OUTSIDE events it can be standing room only and then they will still sell tickets. The biggest restraint will be like every school has and that is LACK of parking!

So R'dale is 'rumored' to be losing three more eh? I am surprised that number is that low! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I can't wait to see who we will be playing for out of district games next year. My early guess is the Tn School for the Blind and some GIRLS school for two 'MAYBE' wins!

#5 is hicks isnt it? He and bryson are a load to handle and him being inconsistent doesnt mean he cant have a big game against oakland.

score wont be higher then 14 either way. Oaklands defense isnt giving up 21 and neither is Smyrnas.

No, #5 is Bryson and Hicks is #6 (Or #7 depending on what half you watch)

oakland by 10

also have to go with the team that has more class!

Would you say classy is destroying an opponents gym and basketball lockeroom by leaving gatorade bottles all over the gym floor, pouring gatorade onto the new gym floor, putting chairs in the toilets, ripping a water fountain off the wall, attempting and almost succeeding at ripping a toilet off the wall and throwing toilet paper everywhere? If thats classy then W.C is definitely classy since that is what they did to Smyrnas basketball facility after the game.

Okay I am gonna just make it simple for everyone about the future, and right now about Smyrna. Also why they are going to win tonight.

Smyrna's Freshmen/Youth in the program:

QB - 2 Young QB's, one coming back from this year who was injured all season. He is a dual threat QB. Varsity experiance again Brentwood Academy when Sonny went down in 07.

13 (soph) - Starting now, DOESNT turn the ball over, hasn't but 1 time in the past 3-4 games I believe. He is very solid, some-what of a dual threat QB. Not naturally a QB.

14 (soph) - Backup now, solid QB, strong arm, naturally a QB.

RB's -

#5 (Bryson) soph - VERY quick, elusive, low to the ground runner with a good stiff arm, we all know what he can do off watching him in the State Championship in 07

#6 (Hicks) Senior - Powerful runner with break-away speed, has had multiple TD runs by RUNNING OVER opposing Linebackers, meaning he usually gets to the 2nd level of the defense because of his size and strength.

#2 (Brown) Jr - Quick, athletic, strong, going to split time next year, you may see some runs with him if either of the RB's go down. Proven runner on Varsity level.

WR's -

#8 Hager - Great athlete, great hands, great hops. Overall he is a great WR however doesn't like to go across the middle. (Also a b-ball player)

#9 Martin - Great athlete again, great hands, great hops. Has had some snags this season, pretty dependable. (Also a B-ball player)

#21 (Gage) - Elusive to say the least, lots of screens will be run to him where he can cut up field.

#4 Andrew Jenkins - Great hands, just a possession WR that is go-to in clutch times come 4WR sets.

D-Line - O-Line

Eady, Woods, Richardson, Cadena, would all START in every high school program in the state on one of the line at least. Also some young freshmen and sophomores that are getting better with the PT collected when switching in and out of games.

LB/SS

Full of HYBRID athletes who will hit. Hybrid meaning they are not TRUE LBs and SSs. Due to the defense the Bulldogs run a lot of guys are suited in positions that better suit there attributes.

For instance #10 is a SS that plays as the OLB pretty much, but is more of a CB/S but hits like a LB.

Also #45 who is very quick and a fast hitter, this defense is full of ATHLETES who love to HIT. That is all you need to know.

As for the game, Smyrna is hitting on all cylinders, offense, defense, special teams (Outside of Yoder's punts). Oakland is a great team, however I doubt they will complete more than 5 passes in this game. I do not think that they will move the ball very effectively. The Oakland defense is great, however they have not faced a RB tandum like this as well as a QB that can move the ball down the field with his arm. Last time Oakland played Smyrna it was more like Oakland vs Bryson. This week you'll see a lot more. I believe my Bulldogs will hang up atleast 21 on these Patriots.

No disrespect, but Oakland is not used to being here as of late, and its time they go back to where they belong, in the stands watching.

Smyrna - 24

Oakland - 10

Oakland on an early TD, held to a FG for the rest of the game.

Smyrna with 1 Special Teams TD, and 2 Rushing TD's. Maybe a Play Action pass to Richardson (15).

Goodluck and be safe to everyone going to this game.

Okay I am gonna just make it simple for everyone about the future, and right now about Smyrna. Also why they are going to win tonight.

Smyrna's Freshmen/Youth in the program:

QB - 2 Young QB's, one coming back from this year who was injured all season. He is a dual threat QB. Varsity experiance again Brentwood Academy when Sonny went down in 07.

13 (soph) - Starting now, DOESNT turn the ball over, hasn't but 1 time in the past 3-4 games I believe. He is very solid, some-what of a dual threat QB. Not naturally a QB.

14 (soph) - Backup now, solid QB, strong arm, naturally a QB.

RB's -

#5 (Bryson) soph - VERY quick, elusive, low to the ground runner with a good stiff arm, we all know what he can do off watching him in the State Championship in 07

#6 (Hicks) Senior - Powerful runner with break-away speed, has had multiple TD runs by RUNNING OVER opposing Linebackers, meaning he usually gets to the 2nd level of the defense because of his size and strength.

#2 (Brown) Jr - Quick, athletic, strong, going to split time next year, you may see some runs with him if either of the RB's go down. Proven runner on Varsity level.

WR's -

#8 Hager - Great athlete, great hands, great hops. Overall he is a great WR however doesn't like to go across the middle. (Also a b-ball player)

#9 Martin - Great athlete again, great hands, great hops. Has had some snags this season, pretty dependable. (Also a B-ball player)

#21 (Gage) - Elusive to say the least, lots of screens will be run to him where he can cut up field.

#4 Andrew Jenkins - Great hands, just a possession WR that is go-to in clutch times come 4WR sets.

D-Line - O-Line

Eady, Woods, Richardson, Cadena, would all START in every high school program in the state on one of the line at least. Also some young freshmen and sophomores that are getting better with the PT collected when switching in and out of games.

LB/SS

Full of HYBRID athletes who will hit. Hybrid meaning they are not TRUE LBs and SSs. Due to the defense the Bulldogs run a lot of guys are suited in positions that better suit there attributes.

For instance #10 is a SS that plays as the OLB pretty much, but is more of a CB/S but hits like a LB.

Also #45 who is very quick and a fast hitter, this defense is full of ATHLETES who love to HIT. That is all you need to know.

As for the game, Smyrna is hitting on all cylinders, offense, defense, special teams (Outside of Yoder's punts). Oakland is a great team, however I doubt they will complete more than 5 passes in this game. I do not think that they will move the ball very effectively. The Oakland defense is great, however they have not faced a RB tandum like this as well as a QB that can move the ball down the field with his arm. Last time Oakland played Smyrna it was more like Oakland vs Bryson. This week you'll see a lot more. I believe my Bulldogs will hang up atleast 21 on these Patriots.

No disrespect, but Oakland is not used to being here as of late, and its time they go back to where they belong, in the stands watching.

Smyrna - 24

Oakland - 10

Oakland on an early TD, held to a FG for the rest of the game.

Smyrna with 1 Special Teams TD, and 2 Rushing TD's. Maybe a Play Action pass to Richardson (15).

Goodluck and be safe to everyone going to this game.

I agree with you except for the score. It will be much closer than that.

I do agree with you that I think Smyrna's D can limit Oaklands O, but I just think Oakland's DL is too good to roll that many points up, especially on the ground. Smyrna will have to go to the air to put those kind of points on the board.

It is true, Hicks didn't get that many carries the 1st time. He does have a tendency to wear down a Defense. It takes so much energy to tackle him play after play. If Oakland's DL gets tired, he could get on a roll. I think that is why Smyrna had some troubles early on. Their two backs are so much more effective when they are fed the ball constantly. When both backs only get 12-15 carries, they don't get in a rythym. I think a lot of Smyrna folks were worried when Bryson got the ankle sprain, but it might turn out to be a blessing. Hicks has gotten 25-30 touches for the last 4 weeks or so, and has gone well over 100 in each game, and now Bryson has gotten healthy enough to provide a breather for Hicks and a quick change of pace for the D to contend with.

This, in turn, has loosen up the outside giving the young QB much more confidence. If you but 8 in the box to stop Hicks, the QB is efficient enough to hit a pass or two. That touchdown pass to the TE against WC was a thing of beauty. Great call, and great execution.

Again, I say this is going to be one of the best games of the year.