New Coach at Blackman

2priceless

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a player wants to attend Blackman next year, they will have to move from living in the Smyrna zone to actually living in the Blackman school zone. As far as I know Rutherford Co. is pretty strict on not giving out zone exemptions. If they were able to get an exemption, according to TSSAA they would have to sit out a year if they had played at the varsity level at the school they previously attended.

Guest catsvoice

Considering Tullahoma opens the 2009 season, and its brand-new football stadium, hosting Blackman and its new head coach I will certainly be keeping my eyes on any transfers that come Blackman's way. We all want a level, legal playing field.

The coach brought one of his Bulldog teams to T-town a few years ago and they caused a lot of damage to the lockerroom facilities. There won't be a lot of love between head coaches come Aug. 21. Blackman at Tullahoma could be one of the most-intriqueing Week 0 games in the state. We look forward to all you Blaze fans coming down for some good, small-town hospitality.

1. I do NOT see Harry Gill granting too many exceptions for Shad.

2. I wonder what the exact 'problem' the daughter had with the BBall coach?

3. If she cannot be a starter at Blackman is Shad going to bail again?

4. Does this mean R'dale can now get its QB back from MTCS?

1. I do. Smyrna ties run deep!

2. He had been the coach too long. If you don't look to leave every year, what kind of coach are you???

3. Shad would not leave a coaching job. I heard he told the kids at Blackman that he is committed to them, felt "led" to the them, and he is coming to Blackman to spend more time with his family. There is no truth to the rumor that he applied at Portland. On a side note, did Gail Vick say in the paper that she hired him for his stability? You know when Rankin was hired at Alcoa is was because they knew that he would not apply for any more jobs!

4. Does Riverdale really want a QB from MTCS. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

I would say that he probably lost any relationships he had at MTCS, so yes his wife and daughters are most certainly gone.

His older daughter did not like the girls basketball coach, so this could have done a little to do with it.

None of the Shadowens had any problems with other Coaches at the school. ? The main reason for leaving was certain promises made to Shad prior to the move weren't kept. ? That is was my source says. ? He chose not to create bad blood there so didn't site his reasons for leaving. ? He has a lot of talent to work with at Blackman and MTC should be able to get a good replacement after going to the playoffs, so I think all involved will survive. ? Coaching changes are a part of this business.

None of the Shadowens had any problems with other Coaches at the school. ? The main reason for leaving was certain promises made to Shad prior to the move weren't kept. ? That is was my source says. ? He chose not to create bad blood there so didn't site his reasons for leaving. ? He has a lot of talent to work with at Blackman and MTC should be able to get a good replacement after going to the playoffs, so I think all involved will survive. ? Coaching changes are a part of this business.

Coach Austin should come back and apply for the MTCS job........