All Time Top 5 Teams In Tennessee?

UPSGregg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northeast in 95 was a great team top to bottom. They had 4 of the best running backs in the state INCLUDING Travis Stevens and the QB. The QB would have easily been a 1000 yard rusher on another team. he ran for more yards than he passed his whole career at QB there. So Travis Stevens didnt make that team. Rick Butler (in my opinion the best coach ever)made it along with allot of speed and talent at EVERY position. Northeast starting winning the first year he coached there. Travis Stevens was a sophmore and wasn't even the best back on the team then. Marcus Gildersleeve was the man that year at tailback. Travis Stevens was very valuable and NE did have to do without in 96 after an ankle injury for a few games and still had a great year and it was under a different coach. He just picked up where Rick Butler left off and then left the following year and they havnt had a decent coach since then and rezonin due to a new school opening every day has really affected Northeast. More than any other school in Clarksville.

The rezoning has hurt the Clarksville area as far as good football goes but really the truth is after coach Rick Butler left the committment and dedication left right with him...Northeast is now known as a Basketball school thanks to Al Cooper. Rick Butler had that program built and ready to contend year in and year out..Although I dont blame him for getting out at the time he did because the three of four years he was there was obviously gonna be his best until maybe some of the latter years. Marcus Gildersleeve is now assisting with Coach Butler at Maryville College.

Gildersleeve was a heck of a player, theres no doubt that Clarksville Northeast shouldnt be in the all time best for TN football because they scored points and in a hurry, they stoped teams and held them to low points. Thats amazing that they held BA to 7 points the whole game. Remember Travis won the Mr.Football award also, not sure if it was his Junior or Senior year.

He was a junior when he won Mr. Football. His senior year was when he hurt his ankle and only <~~~~LOL gained like 1000 yards. To say rezoning has hurt some of the football programs in Clarksville is an understatement. Luckily it doesnt affect Clarksville High as much. If at all.

Clarksville High doesnt get affect at all by the rezoning because they're getting kids that thier parents are retiring and Clarksville high is in a very ritzy area if you didnt already know. So they'll always have a good blend of players because they'll get the good athletes from the city and skill from the county. They're just now benefitting from some of those perks.

I made a mistake Marcus is assisting with Rick Butler at University of South (Sewanee).

Clarksville High IS NOT in a "ritzy area" It as middle class as can be. Actually it has students from every type of family but the majority are middle class families. You want to see schools in ritzy areas go to Brentwood High or see any of the schools in Germantown. Farragut High and Bearden High in Knoxville are in pretty nice areas if you can look past the clutter that Kingston Pike has. LOL You were right about CHS just now starting to benefit from the variety. Its a shame its taken all these years. It requires good coaching which in football has only happened as of the past few years. Coach Atteca didnt start out to well but I knew he'd get it together as a head coach there even when he was still an assistant. Area coaches in all sports in Clarksville could learn a few things from the soccer coach and wrestling coach at CHS as well as Atteca. They know how to get the best out of who the got. Look at their winning percentages.

Clarksville is in an ok area, but nothing spectacular. I was there a month ago. The houses in the Germantown are are in the 250-750,000 dollar range. Brentwood needs know explanation whatsoever. CBHS and MUS are also in a wonderful area with somehouses will in the 2 million dollar range. I liked where USJ was situated, very beautiful.

I know those prices are accurate, cus my dad is a broker and I am looking at them right now.