All Time Top 5 Teams In Tennessee?

UPSGregg

Posted by Curtdog:

Let's not forget about the old Pearl Cohn teams in 97-98 back to back state champions. They were lead by John Henderson(Jacksonville Jaguars) and Santonio Beard(Alabama). They had a host of talent and creamed Maryville both years to get them. Aslo the Pearl High teams in the early 80's. Most of you guys were not even born yet.

actually they only beat maryville in 1997. in 1996 they beat halls in the finals. i think they beat halls by five points. What do you classify as creaming someone????

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mba players from 99 playing in college. Jonas, Tate, Barton @ Yale. Dominique, Moses, and Clark Lea @ Vandy. James Pittman @ Rice. Matt Neal @ Sewanee. Ingle Martin @ Florida. Hulsey Smith @ SMU. Andrew Wilson @ Princeton. Bill Frazier @ Centre College. Brett Begley @ University of Kentucky. Zack Wall @ Washington and Lee. Sean Holland @ Georgia Southern. They also had one guy run track @ UVA , one @ Brown, and 1 at USC. One guy play baseball @ Vandy. 2 guys play lacrosse @ Delaware, and 1 play lacrosse @ UNC. That team was loaded with athletes. Not all of them played football in college because some were better at other sports. As far as rankings go, they were ranked in every poll. they were 16th in USATODAY, 7 in Dick butkus' poll, and 7 in Tony Bianco's overall poll, which is an average of all of the other polls.

That's 13 Div IA athletes, 5 Ivy League athletes, 3 Div III athletes, and 1 IAA, for a total of 22 college athletes.

Edited by Redtwin

Guest hcpbomber

you seem to be forgetting the trousdale co. team in 97. they went 15-0, state champions and had six D-1 recruits. i know they were in 1-A at the time but put them in 3A or 4A that year in you would probably have the same results.

has anyone said sweetwater 71-72 back to back state champs in 1a 72 went undefeated and only allowed 30 points the whole season the state champ game was won 22-0 they had the legendary anthony oggs but he was paralyzed by a motorcycle wrech and we will never know how good he would have been in the nfl because he would have went he scored like 247 points in one season

Posted by hcpbomber:

you seem to be forgetting the trousdale co. team in 97. they went 15-0, state champions and had six D-1 recruits. i know they were in 1-A at the time but put them in 3A or 4A that year in you would probably have the same results.

97 Pearl Cohn team would have killed them. No one on Trousdales team could have blocked John Henderson or Reggie Ridley. Maryville would have beaten them that year.

Posted by hcpbomber:

rebellon how many times did you see trousdale play in 97? i am not downing pearl or marryville, but i do think trousdale had the talent to beat both of them...

I watched them in 97 and 98. There is a big difference between Clarksville Academy and Pearl Cohn. They were a very good team for 1A.

Guest hcpbomber

rebelron you must have been at the clinic bowl in 97 and 98 its hard to judge a team by watching two games. jon henderson is a great football player, but it would be insane to say that micheal scruggs wouldn't have faired a chance against him. all i am saying is that trousdale had the weapons.