Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

As I heard on the radio earlier in the week, "Who would've ever thougth that UT would be a two TD underdog to Vandy?" Well, just looking at records, stats, and the past one would pick Maryville. They do deserve the benefit of the doubt, but "on any given night." Go Devil, it may just be YOUR night!

i agree man...and ill go with the same prediction this week as i did last week.

GREENEVILLE-28 or 24

MARYVILLE-21

GO DEVILS!!!

BEAT MARYVILLE!!!

O by the way...Devil fans be lookin for a new and improved flag for this game...

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last several years, many people , probably including me a couple of times, have posted that this is the week that Maryville goes down. Who knows, it might be. But. I don't think so. Maryville's too good to lose to Greeneville even if Greeneville has its best game of the season. 73 games in a row. Think about that. Before that loss in 2003, I think Maryville won 40 games in a row. They will not overlook Greeneville. Good luck to our brothers from Blount County.

...and as much as I'm pulling for our 5 rivers conference brethren I think its to much of a hill to climb.

GO FIVE RIVERS!!!

GO GREENEDEVILS!!!

I love the way you all name the regions in the NET. I have asked this before, who picks the name? Is this a holdover from before 1969 and the playoff format. I hope the rest of the SWC (Snow White Conference) is pulling for Maryville since the SWC will be disbanded at the end of the season when Maryville "steps up and plays with the big boys."

Over the last several years, many people , probably including me a couple of times, have posted that this is the week that Maryville goes down. Who knows, it might be. But. I don't think so. Maryville's too good to lose to Greeneville even if Greeneville has its best game of the season. 73 games in a row. Think about that. Before that loss in 2003, I think Maryville won 40 games in a row. They will not overlook Greeneville. Good luck to our brothers from Blount County.

With all due respect 73 game win streak does not mean squat. THIS maryville team has a 13 game win streak.

Maryville fans...how did Halls end up finishing out their season? I watched your boys game against them and at one point in time (before the reverse pass) thought they may have actually had your number. Look foward to seeing the big red machine in all of its glory on Friday. It should be a packed house and I can't wait. Have a safe trip.

The team you will see Friday is completely different from the team you saw at Halls. By the way the team that "had our number" lost to us 28-7.

I look forward to coming up to Greeneville.

I say YES, if they play with the intensity they did tonight!

On a side note to G'ville where were all your fans? I would have figured standing room only for this one!

I know I am not a Devils fan, but come on folks come out and support these kids!

I told everybody Sullivan South and Region1 was over rated. Don't get me wrong South was a good North East Tennessee team, but not the best. Their Region was WEAK!

Thank you for pointing that out. I'm calling out all you SO_CALLED DIE HARD DEVIL FANS! The fans will be there this week because Maryville is coming to town. If we were playing Rhea Co., our FAIRWEATHER fans would stay at home and listen toRon and the boys. I will have to say thay the fans that made it Friday were LOUD, but just think how loud they would be if all that could and would, would show up. Greeneville used to have a full home side everygame, but not now for whatever reason they don't. I know Barb gets upset when I talk about the FAIRWEATHER fans, but I do not think I'm the only one saying it.

I will have to say thay the fans that made it Friday were LOUD, but just think how loud they would be if all that could and would, would show up. Greeneville used to have a full home side everygame, but not now for whatever reason they don't.

We will bring a lot of fans. We also seem to bring a lot of people that just want to see us get beat. It helps the gate, and it will help your band if their boosters run the concession stand.