Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

Congratulations to Hillsboro. It was a disappointing way for HC to conclude a great season. To those HC fans who are upset with your own coaches, you are a classic collection of fools, and you make me happy to be out of coaching. Why don't you approach the administration, and see if you can have the entire staff fired! Why they only revived a dead program and won 30 of their last 33 games. How dare they be so incompetent! They have only won 10 playoff games in the last four seasons. They have only been to the semi-finals the last three years in a row. Now find me a team who has done that, other than Maryville. I am sure there is one, but there can't be many. HC may beat Hillsboro five out of ten times if they played, but the team with the most speed, quickness, and talent, won that game. Those of you who ran your mouth about running clocks through the playoffs are ridiculous. Like I said, just run the coaching staff out of town. They would be better off if you did.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Hillsboro. It was a disappointing way for HC to conclude a great season. To those HC fans who are upset with your own coaches, you are a classic collection of fools, and you make me happy to be out of coaching. Why don't you approach the administration, and see if you can have the entire staff fired! Why they only revived a dead program and won 30 of their last 33 games. How dare they be so incompetent! They have only won 10 playoff games in the last four seasons. They have only been to the semi-finals the last three years in a row. Now find me a team who has done that, other than Maryville. I am sure there is one, but there can't be many. HC may beat Hillsboro five out of ten times if they played, but the team with the most speed, quickness, and talent, won that game. Those of you who ran your mouth about running clocks through the playoffs are ridiculous. Like I said, just run the coaching staff out of town. They would be better off if you did.

Amen, Red Warrior!

Ditto, RED WARRIOR. There are always a few second guessing Monday morning quarterbacks on these threads. Did you see my comment #87 or 88 on the Maryville- Hillsboro thread? What do you think?

BIG RED FOREVER

kwc, your pregame evaluation was right on target,as usual. For your information only, I offer one man's opinion of my comparison of Melrose and Hillsboro:

1. QB--Toney was by far the better of the three(HHS used two due to injury (?) of their 1st'

2. Recievers-- Slight edge to HHS(although,according to you we didn't see Melrose's best , #8)

3. Running game-- about equal: HHS's running backs were no bettr or faster than the two Melrose showed)

4. Run defense-- Big edge to HHS. Though smaller, were extremely quick and well coached.

5. Pass defense-- Edge to Melrose; they blanketed our recievers all night and we had pretty good success against Hillsboro.

6. Coaching-- Big edge to HHS; their scheme never let Allen or McFerrin get untracked'

7. Kicking game--No comparison since Melrose had none. As you predicted this had an enormous bearing on the outcome.

Hillsborro outplayed us and deserved to win but we were still in the game after coming out fired up to start the second half. we held them and scored to make it 24 to 17. Early in the fourth we were driving to score the tying TD; The ball was inside HHS's 25, second and nine. At that stage we got a 15 yard penalty for illegal chop block which made it second and 25 at about the 40.This lead to adrive ending interception near the goal line. In my opinion,that was th critical play of the game. Who knows what would have happened if we had scored on that possession. It's fun but sad to imagine. Oh yes, and

8. Facilities and Fans-- Melrose by a mile.

Go BIG RED ALWAYS

Thanks for the comparative analysis olddevil. I still haven't heard of who is recruiting Toney. I would have thought that the U of M would have went after him, but they have the Hardin County QB committed. I think Toney is better then him. Actually, Melrose was without the services of their top two WR's. Sounds like it was an interesting game, as I thought it would be.

I 1000% agree. Hillsboro was a very quick team at all positions. I hated to see it end, but its not the end of the world. There will be a tomorrow.

No, no, no....everyone has to recruit nationally especially UTK. My point is that UTK can't keep allowing Alabama, Florida, etc. to cherry pick the top players in TN. UTK needs to have a lockdown on the top talent INSIDE TN.

Gordon is being recruited by Oklahoma, Miami (Fl), Alabama, USC(East), Texas Tech, etc.

Teague is being recruited by Florida, Miami(Fl), Georgia Tech, Clemson, etc.

Crutcher is being recruited by Texas Tech, Ole Miss, etc.

Basically, other schools are recruiting their home state and then going outside their state....UTK should be doing the same to prevent other schools from getting the top prospects from TN. The three kids mentioned above shouldn't be allowed to get outside of the state without a big recruiting battle first. That's all I'm saying.

I don't know about Gordon and Crutcher, but I am fairly certain that UT tried to talk to Teague. He just doesn't want to go to UT. Maybe that changes now, but I don't know. It's the same every year, UT recruits what they feel are the ones they want, but that doesn't mean the recruits want to come.

I was not rooting for either team last night however i did go to the game. HC did not impress me very much and HHS did not have their best game either. I played against HHS this year and they played better against us than they did HC. HHS had 4 interceptions last night and still came out with the win. I believe that even if HC had played their A game. HHS would have still won. They are too fast to control in every position

Not sure who your team is, but good teams HC and Hillsboro have a way of making other teams not look as good as they do against inferior teams. You mention the interceptions, I think it was 3, does HC get any credit for those, and 2 were inside the 25 one on the 2 yard line and to capitalize on it the Patriots would have to drive 98 yards on a very good Hillsboro team. It was a game of field position and the Patriots lost that. Keep in mind that Hillsboro had a lot to do with how the Patriots looked and the Patritos ahd a lot to do with how the Burros looked. Asided from teh first drive for each team, yardage was hard to come by for both. In the first minute and 15 seconds of play the Patriots had 85 of their 280 yards, inthe same minute and 15 seconds Hillsboro had 75 of their 330yards. Two good teams that did not look as explosive as they did against weaker teams does not mean they did not play well.

I don't know about Gordon and Crutcher, but I am fairly certain that UT tried to talk to Teague. He just doesn't want to go to UT. Maybe that changes now, but I don't know. It's the same every year, UT recruits what they feel are the ones they want, but that doesn't mean the recruits want to come.

Actually, that's a very good point because UTK has been recruiting both Gordon and Crutcher. Now, while both remain undecided at this point, I haven't heard about either of them really leaning towards UTK either. That's a real problem when you can't sign some of the best players in your home state.

Actually, that's a very good point because UTK has been recruiting both Gordon and Crutcher. Now, while both remain undecided at this point, I haven't heard about either of them really leaning towards UTK either. That's a real problem when you can't sign some of the best players in your home state.

Coach Kiffin (wow that is going to take some getting used to) said that he was going to put a wall up around Tennessee. He said as soon as his press conference was over, he was getting on a plane to Memphis to talk to the #1 recruit. Obviously Marlon Brown. He should be getting in the air soon.

LOL! Yeah, somehow I don't think you would say that if Henry County was playing them next saturday. Like I said, can you say "bitter"?

Also, I want to apologize on behalf of any HHS fans that were disrespectful. However, Henry County fans certainly did their share of taunting and the taking over half of the home bleachers was just unnecessary in my opinion. I'm just glad HHS won the game to make it look all the more silly for doing so.

Sit on the hill, stand on the track, but don't go sit on the home side bleachers. I get it: Henry County fans support their team better than some colleges, but that just is not appropriate. I don't imagine Henry County would appreciate it if a visiting team's fans decided to take over a large section of their home bleachers.

Congratulations Hillsboro.

As far as sitting on one side or the other: If a ticket is paid for, a fan can sit where they want. The solution for you would be:

1)More visitor side bleachers

2)More home fan support

3)Get over it

Good luck against Maryville!

Congratulations Hillsboro.

As far as sitting on one side or the other: If a ticket is paid for, a fan can sit where they want. The solution for you would be:

1)More visitor side bleachers

2)More home fan support

3)Get over it

Good luck against Maryville!

Or.....start lableing tickets as "home side", "away side," and then "standing room only". I make no excuses that Henry County fans were more numerous and John Koen Stadium is very small.

Like I suggested earlier in the thread, maybe next time we'll just sell tickets to all HHS fans to go sit in Ed Hessey Gymnasium to watch the game on a live video feed and let the Henry County fans fill up both the visitor and home bleachers to get a better view of HHS beating their football team. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I like Footballfan15's suggestion: next time, bring a lawn chair if you must sit down, but don't go fill up half of the home bleachers. There's a reason they are seperated for home fans and visitor fans.

Thanks, HHS will need to play their very best, including minimizing turnovers to practically nothing to beat Maryville.