Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So according to Alcoa fans, Milan shouldn't even be in this game. JCS was gonna kill us....Goodpasture was gonna kill us....NEITHER happened.

Yes Alcoa is fast, yes they are big, yes they are good....but so is Milan. You call our schedule a "cream puff" season....yet(excluding Maryville), Alcoa beat every other team that they played. So how can you sit there and say Milan didn't play anyone...apparently neither did Alcoa because they beat every other team they played. No one will know until Friday night just how good Alcoa and Milan are AGAINST each other.

China got it wrong this year. Cause this is THE YEAR OF THE DAWGS!!

I won't predict a score. But I will predict that whoever scores first will win!!

Just remember in '98, everyone picked Milan as the underdogs. They won the 2A championship. In '99...they moved to 3A and won the championship.....

It's 2008...2A

Next year....2009...3A

it's DUE TIME!

We all know if we look Gold Balls in either teams collections Alcoa wins with 8, Milan with 4.

We all know Alcoa is obviously one of the best teams in the state, cause they are more than able to play with 4A's Poster team Maryville.

Alcoa probably does have more athletes, but I can promise you Milan will have their fair share of Athletes as well. I look for Coach Morris and Co., and crew of bUlldogs to have all of his players more than ready for this game. Alcoa has been to state 4 times this decade, Milan hasn't been once so I bet they're pretty hungry.

I expect this game to be similar to Alcoa's 2005 matchup when they met the Huntingdon Mustangs. Although Alcoa won by two TD's this was the closest score against Alcoa in a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. The Goodpasture Cougars had three chance and failed everytime.

Now I think Milan will give Alcoa all they want by the end of the game, but I know Alcoa is gonna give Milan all they want and more. Predictions in this thread is useless, Alcoa wins, BUT Milan will leave the Boro gaining A LOT of respect from Alcoa's TEAM In my opinion.

Last Thing Alcoa's may be "TOO HYPE," but Bulldogs are mean so I bet Alcoa's Tornadoes get BIT HARD!! GO DAWGS!!! BRING THAT BALL BACK WEST BABY!!!!

I'll give Alcoa credit. They have an excellent team. Coach Rankin is one of the legendary coaches in Tennessee. However, I wouldn't count Milan out. The core of this team went to the Semi-finals two years ago as Sophmores. They have a great defense and are very athletic. They have a good quarterback and two great running backs. One thing about Coach Morris is in Championship games he is 2-0 at Milan winning 2A in 98 and 3A in 99. Nobody gave us a chance in against an undefeated Lipscomb team in 1998 and we physically dominated them. Nobody gave us a chance against a good Portland team in 99 and we won that one too. I think this game will be closer than people think.

Milans Avg Points per game: 44.0

Alcoas Average Pts per game: 42.4

Avg Opponents pt per game

Alcoa :4.3

Milan: 15.2

Our Defense i think is among the top 5 in the state , they will be the key in this win , and 5th consecutive gold ball

State Championships:

Alcoa:77,78,79,89,00,04,05,06,07

Milan: 71,77,98,99

Were not strangers to State Championships either /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Actually we beat the pants off BT Washington twice with the same results

I'll give Alcoa credit. They have an excellent team. Coach Rankin is one of the legendary coaches in Tennessee. However, I wouldn't count Milan out. The core of this team went to the Semi-finals two years ago as Sophmores. They have a great defense and are very athletic. They have a good quarterback and two great running backs. One thing about Coach Morris is in Championship games he is 2-0 at Milan winning 2A in 98 and 3A in 99. Nobody gave us a chance in against an undefeated Lipscomb team in 1998 and we physically dominated them. Nobody gave us a chance against a good Portland team in 99 and we won that one too. I think this game will be closer than people think.

Oh, I can tell you most logical Alcoa fans have a ton of respect for Milan. I have NO feel for this game either way. Alcoa is not playing that well on offense and is a bit nicked up. Yes they have a huge roster (75-80 players) with plenty of kids ready to step in, but I'm not sure they have played a team in 2a with as many athletes Milan will have. So in saying this I am curious to see how they will react because quite honestly they haven't been challenged since that Huntington game in 2a that is. Alcoa is very physical on D and your guys will have to find a way to block/scheme away from Tyler Robinson who will be a 4 star type recruit next year. Again though, I'm not sure we can block your guys either. I'm sure the Milan kids are sick of hearing about Alcoa and will be "jacked" to play this game. That can also work against them as well. Have a safe trip and I hope the weather is decent.

TDgo42 don't you give any credit to Marion tonight? They played a great game and we played good but not great. The only thing we proved was we know how to get back to the boro and when we get there we usually win. We are 9 out of 10 in the Championship games. The lone lose came against Brentwood Academy in 88' and they were like 12 nationally that year. That game was like the fourth largest attendance ever in a championship game. We will all know next Friday. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Of the 5 trips to the championship game Milan is 4 of 5, even one against Maryville back in 73 or 77 if I am not mistaken.

Oh boy here we go again! Let the excuses begin! Next it will be that we are filming your practices, infiltrating your luch room, dating your girl friends, recruiting your players, kicked your dog, and have bought off the officals. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

People make errors every day. All good teams have people scout other teams (BTW, this shows just how much you don't know about football). This coaching staff is as honest as the come

Interesting Alcoa fans are downing Milan so much. Word is Gary Rankin named his son after Milan's legendary coach John Tucker who is 2nd only to Carlton Flatt in career wins.

We all know how good Maryville is. Milan finally has a winning season and think they can beat anyone.

Just take a look at espn. They are #6 in the nation.

New Flash Milan has not had a losing season in over 30 years. UT fans will remember Earnest Fields back in the 80s he was a pretty good linebacker for the vols. Rod Smith was Mr. Football a few years ago and went to Memphis but had a season ending injury.