Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

In my opinion the state championship was played Friday between Marion and Alcoa.

And I'm sure your opinion is very crediable considering you haven't seen Milan play. If Milan gets blown out, then yes, the state may have been decided last week. But you cant make that prediction without seeing how Milan handels playing Alcoa.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nwtnsports

Glad to see you decided to pull for your alma mater.......... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I think you may have me pegged as somebody else.

My heart says Milan wins by a point. But my head says Alcoa wins by 21.

Congrats to both teams and schools for making it to the state championship. Best wishes to them for an injury-free week of practice, a great game, and that God will be glorified by the way they act toward each other when they play Friday night.

I think you may have me pegged as somebody else.

My heart says Milan wins by a point. But my head says Alcoa wins by 28.

Congrats to both teams and schools for making it to the state championship. Best wishes to them for an injury-free week of practice, a great game, and that God will be glorified by the way they act toward each other when they play Friday night.

IF you say so.......... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Cunningham was a Class Act. I've never seen anyone much like him. You can tell his attitude is in the right place. Even when Milan was kneeling the ball to end the game he was going around the secondary and to linebackers motivating them im assuming for next season and also thanking his teammates for a great season.

Big ups to Goodpasture/ Benjamin Cunningham

Tornadofan15.....all Milan wanted was a shot, we may get beat by 30, but aleast we get to step up to the plate.

Everyone's wondering just how good Milan is, the problem, we really don't know. I think Alcoa is as good as advertised, just have to wait until Friday to find out if this Milan team belongs.

Sorry , didn't mean to step on any toes I guess I just got caught up in all the stuff from the semi final game and now this thread . Every team wants a shot at the state championship , is what ev1 works for starting in the off season . Now it's dwindled down to the 2 best in 2A . I think it's going to be a close game and go down to the last play . I hope it's an injury free game and both teams leave it all on the field and may the best team win . If Milan wins so be it , I'll be the 1st on here to congratulate them on a great season and a well played game and if Alcoa wins I expect no less from the Milan fans . This is what makes high school football so great .

I wouldn't doubt something you haven't witnessed.

I have the upmost respect for Alcoa's football success. Milan knows where they stand.

Alcoa is use to seeing Goodpasture..and the same outcome. All im saying is there might be another 2004 game.

Reasons why Milan will score more than 13..

Marion Co scored 13 in the Semi's against Alcoa in a 10-7 Halftime Score. They didn't score but 7 in the Quarterfinals Whole Game. One of Marion's scores was a six play 80 yard drive? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Sounds skeptical.

Milan hasn't scored less than 24 but once. 17 in a rain storm 2nd round. Otherwise they average around 40 PPG.

Most of all. This whole talk about how Alcoa's defense "is the best". "Can't score more than 13". No 2A team can run over Alcoa? I heard this same talk in 2004. "Only Maryville can beat Alcoa". "Alcoa has killed every other 2A team". Huntingdon-Alcoa. Huntingdon scored 41 Points on Alcoa. More than the 31 Maryville scored on you. :huh

If you haven't seen Milan, then be in denial all you want. Milan will come to play. They are no strangers to State Championships.

Man, this ain't 1999 OR 2004 Milan ain't the team they where in 1999 AND Alcoa ain't the team they where in 2004. This years Alcoa defense is the most fundamentally sound defense Alcoa has had in years. NO ONE this year has scored over 20 points on this defense, And I'll wager $$$ that Milan WILL NOT score more than Maryville against this defense.

Milan has not played any real strong teams this year. The closest average team you guys played was Westview, and they about beat you. 17-14......BIG WIN. IMO CAK and Marion County would beat Milan this year. West TN is weak and Goodpasture is in a rebuilding year, or you guys would be sitting at home.

Alcoa travels outside their region and plays up. We went to White House and domainated them. It would have been 28-0 if WH had not kicked a field goal with a few seconds left on the clock in the 4th qtr. That WH team would also beat Milan.

You Milan fans are all cocky because Alcoa had a "close" game with Marion County. Yea, OK, we still won 30-14 and walked away from the ball on their 1 yrd line. Again a Marion County team that would probably kick Milan's west tn rear. We STILL scored more than you did against GP!

West TN gets dominated in the play-offs and at the championships ever year and this year will not be any different. JB will get killed by Trousdale, Knox Catholic will beat Mitchell, and Milan will get beat by Alcoa. East TN teams Maryville, Knoxville Catholic, and Alcoa will bring back GOLD! That's because you play weak surrounding teams. You go 14-0 and you THINK your good?? 17-14 over Westview??? Come on...give me a break! Weak, weak, weak. Again, Alcoa travels outside it's area and plays up! The teams that Alcoa has played this year that I guarantee would beat Milan......Maryville, Marion County, White House, and CAK.

You guys would be 10-4...NOT 14-0.

Keep thinking you guys can win just because your 14-0. But, when you line up with a team that has played real tough teams it will show.

Plus, you guys just think you know what defense is..........You let BTW score 18 points /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The same BTW that never made in past middle field even on our 3rd team defense! Milan allowed 12 of those points in a play-off game! I though teams got better as the season goes...not worse. Even the Westview game.......you win the regular season game scoring 45 points, but the play-off game only 17 points? Sounds like Milan peaked too early AND/OR teams have figured out your offense. If other teams have, I'll guarantee Alcoa will know how to shut it down. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GP was one dimensional with really only one threat............Alcoa will have threats all over the field. You let Jackson Christian score 28 points in the play-offs??????? If they can score 28, Alcoa can too. BUT, Milan CAN NOT and WILL NOT score more than 14 points on Alcoa Defense. After looking at Milan's schedule and who they "have NOT played".......I'm not impressed with the 14-0 record at all!

Go ahead and make that 5 straight Gold balls for Alcoa and Maryville!

Saban was in Milan friday night recruiting Cunningham is what Iv heard. That must mean somebody thinks hes a good back. I myself think it was a waste of time for Saban as Cunningham is not a physical back.

Saban was not at Johnnie Hale. He may have had someone else there watching Cunningham but he wasn't there himself. The crowd can see everyone on the sideline and I can see everyone in the press box from where I sit. Saban was worried about Alabama's game the next day. As for Cunningham, ask J.W. Williams if he is a physical back. He'll tell you yes. Our defense just did a great job gang tackling. If it's one on one, Cunningham wins. He will be a good player in college. Probably not a running back, but a saftey or return man. I'm glad we won't have to play him anymore.

Who is Alcoa's main back?

And how many players does Alcoa dress out?

You are making far too much of that. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I like the friendly ribbing too, but I have to agree that Church signs should not be used. It is slanderous to them. Someone on here actually thought it was a real sign. Probably left a bad taste in his mouth about that Church. I don't think they would appreciate people making those jokes with their church sign.