4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Hillsboro is a great team. I predicted Hillsboro over HC. Sorry to jump, just a little defensive...I believe Maryville's past record against Hillsboro's speed and size deserves some credit. It will be another great championship game.

FROM A HENRY COUNTY FAN-------GO HILLSBORO!!!! YOU'VE GOT THE SKILLS TO TAKE THIS ONE AWAY FROM MARYVILLE. REMEMBER THEY PUT THEIR PANTS ON THE SAME WAY, IT JUST TAKES A LITTLE LONGER, YOU KNOW THEM HAVING TO TAKE OFF ALL OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS THEY WEAR. GO HILLSBORO!!!!! KICK SOME. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> JW

I think Hillsboro is a great team. I predicted Hillsboro over HC. Sorry to jump, just a little defensive...I believe Maryville's past record against Hillsboro's speed and size deserves some credit. It will be another great championship game.

I think this one might just end differently. The 2008 Burros are more unified than the 2006 team and they are finally buying into what Blade has been preaching. Blade and Quarles will be a very good battle of wits. Make no mistake, Quarles outcoaching Aydelott was the main reason HHS had far more talent and speed than Maryville and still got beat in both 2001 and 2002. I am already looking forward to next saturday!

I think this one might just end differently. The 2008 Burros are more unified than the 2006 team and they are finally buying into what Blade has been preaching. Blade and Quarles will be a very good battle of wits. Make no mistake, Quarles outcoaching Aydelott was the main reason HHS had far more talent and speed than Maryville and still got beat in both 2001 and 2002. I am already looking forward to next saturday!

Quarles is on a different level than Blade's. This game should be a good one but I will take Maryville by a fg. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Quarles is on a different level than Blade's. This game should be a good one but I will take Maryville by a fg. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OOOH! We got fighting words already. I love it!

Blade has a state championship ring from his time coaching high school ball in Santa Clarita, California. Make no mistake, Blade is no stranger to big time success just because he hasn't won 6 4A State Championships in TN like George Quarles.

I have the utmost respect for what George Quarles has accomplished at Maryville, but I do think Quarles and Blade will make for a great battle of wits not unlike Rankin and Quarles when they get together.

After 74 straight I find it hard to bet against the Rebels, until they're beat there's no way I can go against them.

Maryville 27

Hillsboro 19

Fair enough and I certainly understand. I am just glad HHS gets one more chance to get this Maryville State Championship game monkey the size of Montana off of our backs one more time. If anyone deserves the right to play Maryville for the 4A State Championship one final time before the Rebels move up to 6A, I would think HHS would be right at the top of the list.

Every year I have watched Maryville in the championship, they have neutralized speed with trick plays. They beat Melrose like that when they had more speed. I am pulling for Hillsboro just because I am ready to see someone else have some glory, but you have to respect what they have accomplished and I think Quarles is outstanding and maybe it was a good thing that dumb ol Fulmer did not hire him cause look where he is at now.

Every year I have watched Maryville in the championship, they have neutralized speed with trick plays. They beat Melrose like that when they had more speed. I am pulling for Hillsboro just because I am ready to see someone else have some glory, but you have to respect what they have accomplished and I think Quarles is outstanding and maybe it was a good thing that dumb ol Fulmer did not hire him cause look where he is at now.

Yep, Quarles certainly coaches at a level few others can.

Personally, I was in favor of Quarles and Rankin being Co-Head Coaches at UTK! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I look for the toughest game Maryville will play this year. Hillsboro is always fast and physical. I heard they have a very good Running Back,Great Receivers and a Great Quarterback. I hear that Hillsboro has a very good defense.

Maryville has their best defense since the 2005 team. Maryville has plenty of speed on defense.

Maryville has a very diversified offense. Maryville can run or pass.

I look for this to be a very tough game. Hillsboro is a great team. But! I have to go with Maryville in a close one 24-21. You can't bet against George Quarles and his staff.

OOOH! We got fighting words already. I love it!

Blade has a state championship ring from his time coaching high school ball in Santa Clarita, California. Make no mistake, Blade is no stranger to big time success just because he hasn't won 6 4A State Championships in TN like George Quarles.

I have the utmost respect for what George Quarles has accomplished at Maryville, but I do think Quarles and Blade will make for a great battle of wits not unlike Rankin and Quarles when they get together.

I don??™t want to say we have fighting words yet my friend, but I am sure we will get there!

First of all congratulations to your Burros for getting back to the 4A state Championship game. Many thought, me included that Henry County would be the West Tennessee rep. I am happy my Rebels have earned their way back to face Hillsboro.

The rings for championships on the coaches fingers I don??™t think is a factor but in the respect of your thought when big game experience means something, I agree it is a factor there. But you might note Coach Quarles has one for being a player in 1987 Class AAA Team Champion while at Jefferson County and one for the 1988 Division 1-AA College National Champion where he was among the starting wide receivers for the Furman Paladins. Then you got the 98 O coordinator one under Coach Hammondtree. And last but not least the 7 more as the head coach for Maryville. That means he only needs to win next weeks game to close out the finger room then start on the toes next! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know Coach Blade is an outstanding Coach and Man, but the head coach having wits means nothing if his players don??™t execute his plays or schemes. That is a main stay of the Maryville Football Program. Sound fundamentals, sharp practiced execution, a belief in the team concept and big game experience is what has helped keep Maryville near the top of Tennessee Football.