Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

I hope you have been man enough to go face to face with Aydelott with your issues. If not, then this is cowardly and classless.

I do apologize and don't want to get an argument started that can never be won by either side.

R'Dale's talent is down for a whole number of reasons. Lack of community support seems to be one of those reasons as well.

Nolan can fire the coaches as he sees fit. Too bad he can't fire these so called "fans" and "supporters." If Aydelott does go, what coach do you think you can get with behavior like this? Think they wont be reading posting sites like this? And do you think they are blind to the downward trend of athletes at R'Dale, even though many of you deny it? The word is out on R'Dale around the state, men. The talent is down so beat them now.

So you offer a new coach less talent and less support, more headaches and demand more wins. Yeah, the great ones will come out of the woodwork for this job. Sad what many of you are doing to what was once a great program. You will destroy the future of this program by trying to get rid of the current coach...and around the state, he is considered one of the best.

Wake up and class up, men. There are better ways of going about this.

Lol...... this is funny. The people and kids in the boro want to win. parents will do anything to get their kids in the school that is winning zone. Yea its not just rdale an oak anymore. but the same rules steel apply. blackman didnt realy have an effect on riverdale. i remmember they had a meeting during school an they were saying who was zoned blackman an couldnt attend rdale's spring practice. i seen at least 20 players get up an say im not going to im going to blackman. you don't just think that eric locke alvan duke, ralph kings, jessei chesterfeilds, teron henry, rico turner yes i said rico, dave thomas and others. i can name 10 oak players that were zoned rdale and went to oak. u think these guys were just born and raised in these zones. i know at least 15 to 20 people that were not zoned to the school in m'boro that they attended. they took the proper steps according to the rules and moved. One of the best hires r'dale made in the mid to late 90's was the hire of a junior pro coach as an assistant along with a few central middle coach's. its funny that about 80% of a middle school that went 27-0 in three years attended r'dale. wat im trying to say is coach A doesnt no the people of the boro theres no one on that staff that does besides feilds and his word along is not enough. no ones big brother got coached or played for coach A. not saying its right but they dont trust him. Getting back on track means hireing acoach that can get the best athlets back there. right now oak has a great coach that won 2 state champs @ r'dale he has great credit. its kids coming up who's big brother played for him. u want it back r'dale bring back brittio,wyant, snow, gardener, white, patterson, w. henry . save up for three years and try and but rankin back. but you have to get somebody the boro trust. the town is turning to a city, but there mind sets the same.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just baiting you on LOD. Dont get too worked up. Sorry about the heart attack.

I know there have been other lift contests at R'Dale. So why is this one called the second annual? Does it have a new name, or a memorial name for a past player or something like that?

Or something like the "Ron Aydelott Wing T Bring On the Nay Sayers Lift-A-Thon"? Now that's funny...but would be hard to fit on a t-shirt. LOL!

I support the cardinal and gold, but Aydelott must go! His approach is just like Fulmers.

LOD, dude sorry to hear about the heartattack. Hope you make a full recovery. Riverdale without an LOD post or two is definitely lacking.

Looking forward to the scrimmage in May. Gallatin hasn't scrimmaged the Warriors in a while so I am looking forward to the contest.

If Riverdale beats Oakland this year then everyone leaves Coach A alone. Also wasnt Rankin more closely related to Fulmer. Before people think I am insulting Rankin Fulmer was a great football coach regardless of his critics. Also honestly I dont think the wing T is that much different from any other offense. Although Coach A does not throw the ball alot its still football. They block and tackle as Vince Lombardi said. Most offenses try to do the following: stretch a defense vertically, horizontally, or run right over you. Obviously a vareity of ways exist to help this occur. Also option football is probably the hardest to stop. Another question I have is can anyone ever replace Coach Rankin and accomplish the things he did. Also what was his record like in the first four years he took over. I dont have a dog in the fight I just hate to see everyone so unhappy.

No problem as I wondered why it was called the second also. I am also wondering why agilities are not starting until March 30th? It used to be that agilities started immediately after the return to school after Christmas break and the lift compitition was in February.

Is the winning problem the fact that the staff is now taking a LONG time off after the regular season. While Rankin and I had our differences he kept the WHOLE team busy working on winning the ENTIRE year!

As to the heart attack, it is just a thing that has interrupted my driving to watch some ball for now. I WILL be allowed to drive come scrimmage time.

Hang in there LOD!

If Riverdale beats Oakland this year then everyone leaves Coach A alone. Also wasnt Rankin more closely related to Fulmer. Before people think I am insulting Rankin Fulmer was a great football coach regardless of his critics. Also honestly I dont think the wing T is that much different from any other offense. Although Coach A does not throw the ball alot its still football. They block and tackle as Vince Lombardi said. Most offenses try to do the following: stretch a defense vertically, horizontally, or run right over you. Obviously a vareity of ways exist to help this occur. Also option football is probably the hardest to stop. Another question I have is can anyone ever replace Coach Rankin and accomplish the things he did. Also what was his record like in the first four years he took over. I dont have a dog in the fight I just hate to see everyone so unhappy.

Please do not in anyway use Vince Lombardi in any comparsion of Aydelott, Rankin, or Fulmer. Especially Aydleott. As for Riverdale beating Oakland, could happen if the kids overcome the coaching.

Please do not in anyway use Vince Lombardi in any comparsion of Aydelott, Rankin, or Fulmer. Especially Aydleott. As for Riverdale beating Oakland, could happen if the kids overcome the coaching.

If the kids overcome the coaching Riverdale goes 0-10 this year. Some of you need to be a little more like WARHAWK and just say "Go Warriors" if you cant say anything else positive. Coach A is a good coach. Thats why Nolan brought him in and thats why Nolan is sticking with him. Too bad some of you fans wont stick with him so that the team is more of a team. Kids read this stuff all the time. After hearing more and more that they will have to overcome coaching it starts to get in their heads and they lose confidence in the coaching, in the team, and in themselves.

As a Riverdale nonsupporter all I can say is kids stick by your coaches and respect them, work your butts off, support each other and you will be just fine.

If the kids overcome the coaching Riverdale goes 0-10 this year. Some of you need to be a little more like WARHAWK and just say "Go Warriors" if you cant say anything else positive. Coach A is a good coach. Thats why Nolan brought him in and thats why Nolan is sticking with him. Too bad some of you fans wont stick with him so that the team is more of a team. Kids read this stuff all the time. After hearing more and more that they will have to overcome coaching it starts to get in their heads and they lose confidence in the coaching, in the team, and in themselves.

As a Riverdale nonsupporter all I can say is kids stick by your coaches and respect them, work your butts off, support each other and you will be just fine.

Good post fieldwalker.

I think it is a very sad commentary on many of the posters here that claim to be Riverdale supporters that you as a proclaimed non supporter have just shown more class and support for the Riverdale program.

Good post fieldwalker.

I think it is a very sad commentary on many of the posters here that claim to be Riverdale supporters that you as a proclaimed non supporter have just shown more class and support for the Riverdale program.

Love the coach as a person and what he does for the kids scholarship wise. Most of us just do NOT like losing or the offense he is running. As to how much Nolan loves him, tell me about it after this upcoming season if we do not have a winning season. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

As to Rankin being related to Fulmer, not so. They were just room mates at UT for exactly one WEEK. No more, no less.

Biggest problem with the heart attack was losing the 40 pounds in the hospital in a little over 7 days and going from 2 packs a day to 0 cold turkey.

Love the coach as a person and what he does for the kids scholarship wise. Most of us just do NOT like losing or the offense he is running. As to how much Nolan loves him, tell me about it after this upcoming season if we do not have a winning season. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

As to Rankin being related to Fulmer, not so. They were just room mates at UT for exactly one WEEK. No more, no less.

Biggest problem with the heart attack was losing the 40 pounds in the hospital in a little over 7 days and going from 2 packs a day to 0 cold turkey.

No one likes losing. And you are right Coach A has support now but another sub par season and he is probably gone.

Forty pounds in seven days is rough. And Im sure quiting smoking isnt easy either. Good luck and hopefully you will have a speedy recovery.

Rankin took over in 90' he went 4-6 that year with a couple of close loses including oakland. the next 4 year he built a power house that im sad to say might be gone. 91' 10-1 92' 12-1 93' 13-2 94' 15-0. it's just going to get worst for coach A. they questioned an complained when rankin lost which was near never. they were saying he got out coached. if play side stands there ground and back side fallows the puller or pullers that criss cross mess don't mater. its going to be a tfl. wing t o is good when your playing an uncoached d that the d-line just runs up feild and past the ball. 06' 07' the first game smryna and wc. d-line over ran it every time secound game rdale had 0 offfense its that simple. the reason y people steel run it in high school is becaues high school players r selfish an uncoachible. havent seen to much wing t on sat. or sun. lately.......lol