INDY- How does 2009 Look Like

sarahpalin

Wow, way to put words in my mouth, go back and read that statement and see if i ever put 'the qualifications for a strength & conditioning coach are...' I just said that its good that they hired a new strengthing coach, and he just happened to be really ripped and the student pastor. And its only been how many weeks since they have started strength training? A couple right? you expect an 16-18 year old to go from lifting 250 straight to 300, or squating 350 in a couple of weeks? Its not like they are on steriods, you guys are looking for results and improvements that will probably wont happen untill May or June in the month of April?

By the way, how about you guys read my qoute down below for once.

It is quite obvious that you have no concept of what a knowledgeable coach is looking for in terms of O & D Line strength. It is April and in terms of raising Juniors and Seniors all your interior starters should squat at least 400 lbs. and at the very least 50 % of them should bench 300 lbs. Unless your planning on being 4 & 6 again ! ! !

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, way to put words in my mouth, go back and read that statement and see if i ever put 'the qualifications for a strength & conditioning coach are...' I just said that its good that they hired a new strengthing coach, and he just happened to be really ripped and the student pastor. And its only been how many weeks since they have started strength training? A couple right? you expect an 16-18 year old to go from lifting 250 straight to 300, or squating 350 in a couple of weeks? Its not like they are on steriods, you guys are looking for results and improvements that will probably wont happen untill May or June in the month of April?

By the way, how about you guys read my qoute down below for once.

Just a little heads up, for your information, INDY has been in the weight room since a 2-3 after the state championship game. And ever since except on winter break and spring break and the other mandatory breaks.

It is quite obvious that you have no concept of what a knowledgeable coach is looking for in terms of O & D Line strength. It is April and in terms of raising Juniors and Seniors all your interior starters should squat at least 400 lbs. and at the very least 50 % of them should bench 300 lbs. Unless your planning on being 4 & 6 again ! ! !

While the importance of the bench press and squat are extremely beneficial in off season weight lifting for football, some type of clean (power, hang, etc.) is just as vital if not more. That lift really teaches the youngsters explosiveness and power in the weight room that directly transpires on to the field in the fall. I hope the new Indy strength coach does not avoid this, sometimes unpopular, lift.

It is surprising that there are not more OL or DL that bench 300 pds. To date there is 1. But these next few months are extremely important in reaching maximal gains during the off season.

Just a little heads up, for your information, INDY has been in the weight room since a 2-3 after the state championship game. And ever since except on winter break and spring break and the other mandatory breaks.

They should have been in the weight room WAY before that. They did not make the playoffs last year. Why did they wait till after the Championship to go back to work????? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

This may be the most ignorant statement yet. Neel, Lankford, and Wisdom that played for Page were more talented than any player that Indy had last year. The pitcher for Page (Garrett)? that came from Indy is a legit D-I prospect and would be the best pitcher on Indy's team. The reason that so many kids transfer from Indy is one of 3 reasons: 1-there is a huge drug problem at Indy and parents want there kid away from that. 2-A lot of the athletes at Indy feel they do not get a fair shot due to school/parent politics 3-they get in trouble and think they will get away with it at Page (these are usually sent back at the break.)

Indy is just simply not as talented as all you mommies and daddies think they are. Eubanks does an outstanding job. I talked to a teacher at Page the other day and he started talking about all the problems Page used to have with drugs and the kids not doing what they are supposed to do, and parents not parenting, and just the over all lack of discipline that Page students had 4-5 years ago. He says it has been an amazing change and the only thing that happened was Independence opened up. Now I find it interesting to see Independence is suffering from that same attitude. See when Indy opened Page struggled athletically for 2-3 years but the whole school atmosphere improved. Now they get athletes coming from Indy wanting to be a part of that atmosphere. Good kids with good attitudes and discipline want to be around others that have those same qualitites. Apparently the bad kids and bad attitudes and lack of parenting really overshadows the good kids at Independence. You can say what you want but the fact are the facts. I feel that the administration, teachers, and coaches at Indy are at a disadvantage because of the sucky attitudes of many of the students that filters from the parents. I have even talked to Independence teachers and they agree. That is why there is such a huge turn over every year in teachers at Indy. That is why there has been one scandal after another. If anything Eubanks should be rewarded for showing these kids stability, commitment, and loyalty.

Drew Bryant is an example of a Page baseball player that didnt make the cut at Indy after his freshmen year and went to page to play baseball. However I agree with you that Gross is a good player but he did try out as a freshmen at indy and prob didnt make it for one of your reasons stated. (politics behind who the coaches like)

Now to say neel langford and wisdom were better than any Indy player last year is a bit overboard. None of these players would have ever saw consistent playing time at indy till their senior year. Wisdom was third string at best sometimes fourth string while he was at indy and went to page cuz he never played, oh wait yeah he did...he was the kick returner..sorry forgot.

There were a handfull of players that were on indy's team for the 08 season that were better than those three. Heckman indy's qb for example would be one of them, as a sophmore he put up nearly 400 yards of offense by himself in the semifinals game against milington 350 passing 40 running and got his team to the state finals in 5A. What has neel or langford done for page (reminder it would have been in 3A against lesser competition)? Terone shepard, cameron williams, thomas berry, would all be better than the three you stated. neel would not have ever played at indy at qb over even nick smith.

Drew Bryant is an example of a Page baseball player that didnt make the cut at Indy after his freshmen year and went to page to play baseball. However I agree with you that Gross is a good player but he did try out as a freshmen at indy and prob didnt make it for one of your reasons stated. (politics behind who the coaches like)

Now to say neel langford and wisdom were better than any Indy player last year is a bit overboard. None of these players would have ever saw consistent playing time at indy till their senior year. Wisdom was third string at best sometimes fourth string while he was at indy and went to page cuz he never played, oh wait yeah he did...he was the kick returner..sorry forgot.

There were a handfull of players that were on indy's team for the 08 season that were better than those three. Heckman indy's qb for example would be one of them, as a sophmore he put up nearly 400 yards of offense by himself in the semifinals game against milington 350 passing 40 running and got his team to the state finals in 5A. What has neel or langford done for page (reminder it would have been in 3A against lesser competition)? Terone shepard, cameron williams, thomas berry, would all be better than the three you stated. neel would not have ever played at indy at qb over even nick smith.

I apologize for that statement about them being better I should have worder it differently. Those 3 would have played at Indy last year. You are right Neel would not have started at Qb over Heckman or Smith but he would have been that RB that we were looking for. I came to the scrimmage that Page had against Indy and Lankford was the best LB and overall football player on the field. Wisdon would have started at corner. Again let me apologize I never meant to offend any Indy athlete I support Fairview and Indy very much and try to go to several of their games every year when work allows.

The fact that you could only mention 4-5 players you feel were better than those 3 from Page kind of makes my point that Coach Eubanks was expected to compete in the hardest region in the state with very average athletes for the most part. Hard to win 5A games with the number of athletes you typically see a 3A school have.

Hard to win 5A games with the number of athletes you typically see a 3A school have.

Interesting since they just went to the state championship two seasons ago! Totally discredits what you are saying. There are enough there to win. Best of luck to Indy except one week /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Interesting since they just went to the state championship two seasons ago! Totally discredits what you are saying. There are enough there to win. Best of luck to Indy except one week /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Competition was also down that season in the region. Which lead to an easy path through the playoffs, due to the fact the west side of the bracket is horrible outside of region 6 and the occasional Germantown.

Indy graduated about 30 guys from the team that went to the state title game two years ago, which left about five or six guys from that team back last year, that actually played. That made it a rebuilding year and they are not going to win alot of games with that many returning players in this region.

There really wasn't enough there to win last year because a majority of the guys had not played exclusively on varsity before.

Indy graduated about 30 guys from the team that went to the state title game two years ago, which left about five or six guys from that team back last year, that actually played. That made it a rebuilding year and they are not going to win alot of games with that many returning players in this region.

There really wasn't enough there to win last year because a majority of the guys had not played exclusively on varsity before.

And thats why people like me and most people who go to Indys games know that experience is a huge key for them to win a lot next year.

Its not every year when you have a team with 42 returning players, 27 seniors, and with three seniors having already two years of starting exprience on the varsity level; QB Alex Heckmen, WR/S/K Ty Stannard, and DL/OL Dalton Burge.