INDY- How does 2009 Look Like

sarahpalin

The talent was there and available. Simply mismanaged, or not even used in leu of individual stats. It was a shamefull exibition of stubborness to prove who was in charge, I suppose. And the team paid the price. I hope Mac Brown is right and things are going to change there. But I wouldn't hold my breath. To change things would be tantamount to admitting that something was wrong last year. And we know that wasn't the case, right? Just not enough talent. Please!

Some talent? Sure. Indy has some very good very average players. Enormous wealth of talent? Thats just both ignorant and stupid. Head into Florida, Texas, Alabama, and Georgia. Then you will have an understanding of what your statement really means.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree with you. When you guys talk not enough talent, your totally wrong, and its like that in most sports at Indy. Like baseball for example for the past two years when players didnt make the cut for a roster spot they transfered to Page High and made the team. Im not under talking Page but most 2nd stringers on any Indy team can start at Page. And also about missmanaging talent your right about that too. If you look at the begining of the year Josh Baliey was the starting running back, the whole year he went without a single TD run, Carter Johnson became the starter half way through and did a pretty good job till he had surgery on his stomach which tore up his abs, and Kaleb Markey did not start till Home Coming to replace Ty Sheppard (due to injury) at WR and showed that he had good hands to bad he couldnt show it for the whole year. SO the question isnt do they have talent? I think its can the coachs tell who has the most talent? Last year was kind of hard to tell who had the talent going into 08 since no one besides Heckmen(qb) and Stannard(wr/s) truely started in 07. But its no excuse when you cant tell who your best player is at each position.

Also keep in mind Eubanks was a defensive cord. before he was hired as head coach. If it wasnt for Scott Pettigrew in 07 no region title, no state runner-up.

This may be the most ignorant statement yet. Neel, Lankford, and Wisdom that played for Page were more talented than any player that Indy had last year. The pitcher for Page (Garrett)? that came from Indy is a legit D-I prospect and would be the best pitcher on Indy's team. The reason that so many kids transfer from Indy is one of 3 reasons: 1-there is a huge drug problem at Indy and parents want there kid away from that. 2-A lot of the athletes at Indy feel they do not get a fair shot due to school/parent politics 3-they get in trouble and think they will get away with it at Page (these are usually sent back at the break.)

Indy is just simply not as talented as all you mommies and daddies think they are. Eubanks does an outstanding job. I talked to a teacher at Page the other day and he started talking about all the problems Page used to have with drugs and the kids not doing what they are supposed to do, and parents not parenting, and just the over all lack of discipline that Page students had 4-5 years ago. He says it has been an amazing change and the only thing that happened was Independence opened up. Now I find it interesting to see Independence is suffering from that same attitude. See when Indy opened Page struggled athletically for 2-3 years but the whole school atmosphere improved. Now they get athletes coming from Indy wanting to be a part of that atmosphere. Good kids with good attitudes and discipline want to be around others that have those same qualitites. Apparently the bad kids and bad attitudes and lack of parenting really overshadows the good kids at Independence. You can say what you want but the fact are the facts. I feel that the administration, teachers, and coaches at Indy are at a disadvantage because of the sucky attitudes of many of the students that filters from the parents. I have even talked to Independence teachers and they agree. That is why there is such a huge turn over every year in teachers at Indy. That is why there has been one scandal after another. If anything Eubanks should be rewarded for showing these kids stability, commitment, and loyalty.

Some talent? Sure. Indy has some very good very average players. Enormous wealth of talent? Thats just both ignorant and stupid. Head into Florida, Texas, Alabama, and Georgia. Then you will have an understanding of what your statement really means.

Why when an opinion isn't agreed with does it always seem to degenerate to name calling? Look, if you don't care for our "average" players, don't comment on them. Go haunt the Florida, Alabama, Texas, etc. etc. posts and leave the poor "average" TN players in peace.

To reply as Webster aptly states is " to respond. " You did not respond to my post. You simply pontificate your dogmatism. Case in point, you stated " you ( INDYFBMAN ) think they ( IHS ) have more talent this year." Question : where did I either state or imply that IHS has more talent this year ? Should you decide to reply be specific quote me ! Stay on task don't ramble !

Terribly sorry. I considered the tone of your posts to imply that Idy had a more talented and harder working team this year. If you feel otherwise, I apologize. My bad. And only a Pope Pontificates Dogma. But, I digress, er ramble. Sorry. What was the task to stay on? LOL

Why when an opinion isn't agreed with does it always seem to degenerate to name calling? Look, if you don't care for our "average" players, don't comment on them. Go haunt the Florida, Alabama, Texas, etc. etc. posts and leave the poor "average" TN players in peace.

I did not name call. Go back and read with comprehension. Then go read the definitions of ignorant and stupid. Both apply to your statement of "enormous wealth of talent" in regard to Indy football.

Where did I say I didnt care for average players? Didnt happen. The problem here is that I do not agree with your statement that Indy has an "enormous wealth of talent." Not the other way around, as you claim. And where did I talk about any TN players? I spoke of one team, Indy, and then referenced states that are well know to yearly put together multiple teams of "enormous wealth of talent."

Your claim is absurd, your logic is skewed, and your trying to put words in my mouth is just plain childish. Sorry if you take that as name calling. I am identifying a behavior, not calling a name.

Try again, after you have grown up a little more and seen a little more football.

I did not name call. Go back and read with comprehension. Then go read the definitions of ignorant and stupid. Both apply to your statement of "enormous wealth of talent" in regard to Indy football.

Where did I say I didnt care for average players? Didnt happen. The problem here is that I do not agree with your statement that Indy has an "enormous wealth of talent." Not the other way around, as you claim. And where did I talk about any TN players? I spoke of one team, Indy, and then referenced states that are well know to yearly put together multiple teams of "enormous wealth of talent."

Your claim is absurd, your logic is skewed, and your trying to put words in my mouth is just plain childish. Sorry if you take that as name calling. I am identifying a behavior, not calling a name.

Try again, after you have grown up a little more and seen a little more football.

I've offended! Comprehend? Once again an opinion is shouted down! Long live the bully pulpit! Unfortunately, it doesn't do a thing to help one way or the other. Enjoy your rants and authority complex issues. By the way, isn't Indy in TN? Just an absurd, skewed, childish, ignorant, and stupid guess. lol

I've offended! Comprehend? Once again an opinion is shouted down! Long live the bully pulpit! Unfortunately, it doesn't do a thing to help one way or the other. Enjoy your rants and authority complex issues. By the way, isn't Indy in TN? Just an absurd, skewed, childish, ignorant, and stupid guess. lol

You dont have the ability to offend me.

Apparently, I have gotten into your head and you have to rely on stating yet more untruths about my postings. Where have I shouted? Any exclamation points or caps in my posts? Where have I shouted down your opinion? I very logically pointed out that you are the one that got upset to start all of this when I didnt agree with your laughable opinion about an enormous wealth of talent at Indy. I then pointed out the fallacies in your opinion and invited you to go to some places that do indeed have enormous wealths of talent. You then made up another lie about my postings and tried to insinuate that I am being insulting of the entire state of TN, which is certainly untrue.

Its too late to play the martyr. You have been proven what you are; unskilled and unfit for mature and logical debate, and unable to to be truthful and honorable when you are shown to be a lesser debater and inferior in knowledge of football and gauging talent. Any remaining credibility you had of football just went down the drain.

I've got a feeling you are about 5'6 and have a severe napoleon complex plus anger issues from either you or your offspring seeing too much bench time. The brutally cold truths of my posts have shown yours to be foolish and they were quietly and pointedly stated. A hissy fit of immaturity is what you give as a response.

Just like Indy, you are missing an "enormous wealth of talent." Actually, that overstates it. You have proven to all posters to be missing any talent at all.

Enjoy my rant, little one.

ps. I will allow you the honor of the last post in regards to this topic. Diminutive men with small minds need to get the last word in to feel better about themselves. I have no further need to continue this exchange with you. Everyone with the ability to read will see how foolish I have made your posts to look.

I know you wont let me down with your the last words of a little man and you will provide further proof to all who read these posts that what I say is true.

Either way, Game. Set. Match. You can sit down now.

Have a nice day.

This may be the most ignorant statement yet. Neel, Lankford, and Wisdom that played for Page were more talented than any player that Indy had last year. The pitcher for Page (Garrett)? that came from Indy is a legit D-I prospect and would be the best pitcher on Indy's team. The reason that so many kids transfer from Indy is one of 3 reasons: 1-there is a huge drug problem at Indy and parents want there kid away from that. 2-A lot of the athletes at Indy feel they do not get a fair shot due to school/parent politics 3-they get in trouble and think they will get away with it at Page (these are usually sent back at the break.)

Indy is just simply not as talented as all you mommies and daddies think they are. Eubanks does an outstanding job. I talked to a teacher at Page the other day and he started talking about all the problems Page used to have with drugs and the kids not doing what they are supposed to do, and parents not parenting, and just the over all lack of discipline that Page students had 4-5 years ago. He says it has been an amazing change and the only thing that happened was Independence opened up. Now I find it interesting to see Independence is suffering from that same attitude. See when Indy opened Page struggled athletically for 2-3 years but the whole school atmosphere improved. Now they get athletes coming from Indy wanting to be a part of that atmosphere. Good kids with good attitudes and discipline want to be around others that have those same qualitites. Apparently the bad kids and bad attitudes and lack of parenting really overshadows the good kids at Independence. You can say what you want but the fact are the facts. I feel that the administration, teachers, and coaches at Indy are at a disadvantage because of the sucky attitudes of many of the students that filters from the parents. I have even talked to Independence teachers and they agree. That is why there is such a huge turn over every year in teachers at Indy. That is why there has been one scandal after another. If anything Eubanks should be rewarded for showing these kids stability, commitment, and loyalty.

Wow where the heck do i begin. This might be the most ironic statement yet. Wisdom? No duh he was better than most of the players from the 08 team because he graduated the year before! And as you know retard, who were the first and second string running backs in 07? hmmm... Pettigrew, you know pain train?, and Ryan Consiglio both play in divison 1 now. Now about Garrat Gross heck yea hes good, i had a privledge to play with him in middle school, he was probablly the only exception to what i said about their baseball program, plus the reason he transfered because he had family problems. And if you want to talk about drugs in school? OH WOW, Page High School, Ruddersville? More like Tabaccosville with all the country folk who go there, the school officer hands out more tabacco sitations at Page then the whole county. My sisters went to that school year after one spent 3 years in a public school in Dade County Florida and one spent one year in Dade County Florida (For all you slow people 'Miami', 'drugs', 'violence'). In their first day alone they said they have never been more scared in there whole life, a fight broke out her first day there. THe people who started the fight got a one day suspension, dont know if thats the current rule but at Indy if you start a fight you go directly to Juvie for the night and go to court the next day. And not getting a fair shot at playing? maybe its the fact they were only freshmen at the time and they didnt have enough paitence to wait? Or they just didnt work hard enough, didnt have the talent, werent the best, and had no hustle. Plus Indy is a way better academic school, if that was what you were getting at when you said your 3rd reason. Those teachers over there can care less. I know plenty of people who are juniors and are graduating early and my sisters both graduated on the A+ honor roll there and they say Page is easy as.... well you know. And oh yea the atmosphere has improved alright wait... Page has lost to Indy in Basketball for how many years straight? Three, both girls and guys. Great improvement. And which teachers have you talked too? Obviously the teachers from the Dr. Webb years. She was heartless, she would always fire teachers who would be good teachers and greater people. Until Campbell came and sorted all that out.

But most of all you are talking about Indys students and Parents like they are all horrible people and horribel parents, every school have those jerks and careless parents who dont care about anyone else besides themselves. Page has them, Indy has them, everyone has them. Facts are Facts right FranklyMyDear?

P.S.- Nice name /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wow where the heck do i begin. This might be the most ironic statement yet. Wisdom? No duh he was better than most of the players from the 08 team because he graduated the year before! And as you know retard, who were the first and second string running backs in 07? hmmm... Pettigrew, you know pain train?, and Ryan Consiglio both play in divison 1 now. Now about Garrat Gross heck yea hes good, i had a privledge to play with him in middle school, he was probablly the only exception to what i said about their baseball program, plus the reason he transfered because he had family problems. And if you want to talk about drugs in school? OH WOW, Page High School, Ruddersville? More like Tabaccosville with all the country folk who go there, the school officer hands out more tabacco sitations at Page then the whole county. My sisters went to that school year after one spent 3 years in a public school in Dade County Florida and one spent one year in Dade County Florida (For all you slow people 'Miami', 'drugs', 'violence'). In their first day alone they said they have never been more scared in there whole life, a fight broke out her first day there. THe people who started the fight got a one day suspension, dont know if thats the current rule but at Indy if you start a fight you go directly to Juvie for the night and go to court the next day. And not getting a fair shot at playing? maybe its the fact they were only freshmen at the time and they didnt have enough paitence to wait? Or they just didnt work hard enough, didnt have the talent, werent the best, and had no hustle. Plus Indy is a way better academic school, if that was what you were getting at when you said your 3rd reason. Those teachers over there can care less. I know plenty of people who are juniors and are graduating early and my sisters both graduated on the A+ honor roll there and they say Page is easy as.... well you know. And oh yea the atmosphere has improved alright wait... Page has lost to Indy in Basketball for how many years straight? Three, both girls and guys. Great improvement. And which teachers have you talked too? Obviously the teachers from the Dr. Webb years. She was heartless, she would always fire teachers who would be good teachers and greater people. Until Campbell came and sorted all that out.

But most of all you are talking about Indys students and Parents like they are all horrible people and horribel parents, every school have those jerks and careless parents who dont care about anyone else besides themselves. Page has them, Indy has them, everyone has them. Facts are Facts right FranklyMyDear?

P.S.- Nice name /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh where to begin. Wisdom graduates this year "moron". Tobacco is a heck of a lot different than weed, steroids, etc genius. And again you refer back to 07 because you can't back up your statements on the present. And it is county policy that any student fighting goes directly to Juvie Einstein. Lastly when you talk about schools being better academically then have your story straight pinhead. Page has higher test scores on every single standardized test that the states judges schools on. That's right higher gateways, higher end of course, higher AP tests(except for history), and you guessed it CCA's. Page and Brentwood are the only schools in the county to have no one fail gateways. Pettigrew and Consiglio are great young men however Consigs is not DI he is in DI AA just to be factual. No comment for the Dade county rant as it made no sense. Glad to see Campbell has turned it around and there are no problems. As for basketball well there is a reason I am on a football board and not the basketball one. Didn't Indy's Bball coach get fired due to old grudges? Obviously an example of Campbell "sorting things out". Look at the facts before downing another school WACKBROWN. And maybe if you had a little talent and got out and played football instead of looking up the weight numbers while everyone else is working out then you would be a little more knowledgeable.

Now that I am done with Junior Dumb #### I was not trying to offend INDY. I go to most of there games. My daughter will be there eventually I was just saying that the leadership mainly in the office drives students away. Henry didn't want to share athletes with football and Smith when he was there didn't want to share with BBAll. Hopefully the new BBall coach will have a different philosophy as I know Eubanks tries to get a long with all. Wacko was correct about one thing every schools has its share of bad kids but for the most part Indy has good kids. Good kids don't neccessarily make good football players. The freshman class is loaded so help is coming if Campbell allows Eubanks to last that long.They now need good leadership to go with it. Maybe Campbell will be it but from what I am hearing I wouldn't be to sure.