INDY- How does 2009 Look Like

sarahpalin

The success or failure of the IHS football team will to a significant extent be determined by the results of pre - season prep. This journey begins with strength & speed training.

What a sound bite! You should write for coaches/politicians. A reply to that might look like this-----The strongest and fastest team around can still be beaten by a poor game plan and mismanagement of talent. The "journey' continues as does the battle of the sound bites now, I suppose.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a sound bite! You should write for coaches/politicians. A reply to that might look like this-----The strongest and fastest team around can still be beaten by a poor game plan and mismanagement of talent. The "journey' continues as does the battle of the sound bites now, I suppose.

Your construct lacks logic. Your assertion that " the strongest and fastest team around can still be beaten by a poor game plan and mismanagement of talent " states a true not at issue in my brief note. To expand upon my original concept please know that the successful coach plans the year in terms of Periodization ( general prep,sport specific prep,precompetitive, competitive ) recognizing that each step builds in logical sequence toward the ultimate goal of winning. Accordingly the question at issue at this writing should be is a solid foundation of strength and conditioning being established ? Check out the results for each IHS football player as they are posted on the wieght room wall and make your own decision.

Your construct lacks logic. Your assertion that " the strongest and fastest team around can still be beaten by a poor game plan and mismanagement of talent " states a true not at issue in my brief note. To expand upon my original concept please know that the successful coach plans the year in terms of Periodization ( general prep,sport specific prep,precompetitive, competitive ) recognizing that each step builds in logical sequence toward the ultimate goal of winning. Accordingly the question at issue at this writing should be is a solid foundation of strength and conditioning being established ? Check out the results for each IHS football player as they are posted on the wieght room wall and make your own decision.

Successful coach? Periodization? Perhaps you have something here. Just look at last years results. Every team knew what to do to beat Indy. Despite an enormous wealth of talent to work with the offense was one dimensional, transparent, and easily defended. And it never changed. And you think they have more talent this year? We shall see. Unless I'm very wrong here and things do actually change, it's going to be a long season I'm afraid. I truly hope I'm wrong on this.

Successful coach? Periodization? Perhaps you have something here. Just look at last years results. Every team knew what to do to beat Indy. Despite an enormous wealth of talent to work with the offense was one dimensional, transparent, and easily defended. And it never changed. And you think they have more talent this year? We shall see. Unless I'm very wrong here and things do actually change, it's going to be a long season I'm afraid. I truly hope I'm wrong on this.

I totally forgot to look outside the weight room today but ill have those stats tomorrow, but Eubanks is already ahead of you guys. This years offense was so predictable it wasnt even funny. 90% of the plays againist Brent. Acad. and everyone else pretty much was running a shotgun pass or triple-option plays. Im not allowed to tell you what Eubanks is going run next year but its deffenitly not what he did last year. Things will change.

Not to jump into your little cat fight here, but "enormous wealth of talent"??? Seriously? Some good players, yes, a few. Enormous wealth? You might want to watch a few more games before you label the past season's Indy team as possessing an enormous wealth of talent.

That is just silly and almost completely overshadows your very valid point that everyone that played Indy knew what to do to beat them and what Indy was going to throw at them.

Not to jump into your little cat fight here, but "enormous wealth of talent"??? Seriously? Some good players, yes, a few. Enormous wealth? You might want to watch a few more games before you label the past season's Indy team as possessing an enormous wealth of talent.

That is just silly and almost completely overshadows your very valid point that everyone that played Indy knew what to do to beat them and what Indy was going to throw at them.

The talent was there and available. Simply mismanaged, or not even used in leu of individual stats. It was a shamefull exibition of stubborness to prove who was in charge, I suppose. And the team paid the price. I hope Mac Brown is right and things are going to change there. But I wouldn't hold my breath. To change things would be tantamount to admitting that something was wrong last year. And we know that wasn't the case, right? Just not enough talent. Please!

The talent was there and available. Simply mismanaged, or not even used in leu of individual stats. It was a shamefull exibition of stubborness to prove who was in charge, I suppose. And the team paid the price. I hope Mac Brown is right and things are going to change there. But I wouldn't hold my breath. To change things would be tantamount to admitting that something was wrong last year. And we know that wasn't the case, right? Just not enough talent. Please!

Totally agree with you. When you guys talk not enough talent, your totally wrong, and its like that in most sports at Indy. Like baseball for example for the past two years when players didnt make the cut for a roster spot they transfered to Page High and made the team. Im not under talking Page but most 2nd stringers on any Indy team can start at Page. And also about missmanaging talent your right about that too. If you look at the begining of the year Josh Baliey was the starting running back, the whole year he went without a single TD run, Carter Johnson became the starter half way through and did a pretty good job till he had surgery on his stomach which tore up his abs, and Kaleb Markey did not start till Home Coming to replace Ty Sheppard (due to injury) at WR and showed that he had good hands to bad he couldnt show it for the whole year. SO the question isnt do they have talent? I think its can the coachs tell who has the most talent? Last year was kind of hard to tell who had the talent going into 08 since no one besides Heckmen(qb) and Stannard(wr/s) truely started in 07. But its no excuse when you cant tell who your best player is at each position.

Also keep in mind Eubanks was a defensive cord. before he was hired as head coach. If it wasnt for Scott Pettigrew in 07 no region title, no state runner-up.

Totally agree with you. When you guys talk not enough talent, your totally wrong, and its like that in most sports at Indy. Like baseball for example for the past two years when players didnt make the cut for a roster spot they transfered to Page High and made the team. Im not under talking Page but most 2nd stringers on any Indy team can start at Page. And also about missmanaging talent your right about that too. If you look at the begining of the year Josh Baliey was the starting running back, the whole year he went without a single TD run, Carter Johnson became the starter half way through and did a pretty good job till he had surgery on his stomach which tore up his abs, and Kaleb Markey did not start till Home Coming to replace Ty Sheppard (due to injury) at WR and showed that he had good hands to bad he couldnt show it for the whole year. SO the question isnt do they have talent? I think its can the coachs tell who has the most talent? Last year was kind of hard to tell who had the talent going into 08 since no one besides Heckmen(qb) and Stannard(wr/s) truely started in 07. But its no excuse when you cant tell who your best player is at each position.

Also keep in mind Eubanks was a defensive cord. before he was hired as head coach. If it wasnt for Scott Pettigrew in 07 no region title, no state runner-up.

If it wasnt for Scott Pettigrew in 07 no region title, no state runner-up.

Someone else has seen the light! Too late for last years unfortunates. I hope not too late for this years. But again, I wouldn't hold my breath. Revisionist history seldom effects change.

If it wasnt for Scott Pettigrew in 07 no region title, no state runner-up.

Someone else has seen the light! Too late for last years unfortunates. I hope not too late for this years. But again, I wouldn't hold my breath. Revisionist history seldom effects change.

Wow. Placing the accomplishments of a team on one individual kindof makes all the other team members look not so important. I was able to see a couple of Indy's games that year. They played AHS in I believe the second round and Franklin in the Quarterfinals. Against Franklin did Pettigrew lead the teams go ahead drive. Did he make some incredible passes and catches at the same time during that drive? Did he signal in the plays from the sidelines? Did Pettigrew kick the game winning field goal, did he snap the ball, and hold it as well? Without Pettigrew Indy would have still done well. Without the rest of the team Pettigrew would have been all alone.

Wow. Placing the accomplishments of a team on one individual kindof makes all the other team members look not so important. I was able to see a couple of Indy's games that year. They played AHS in I believe the second round and Franklin in the Quarterfinals. Against Franklin did Pettigrew lead the teams go ahead drive. Did he make some incredible passes and catches at the same time during that drive? Did he signal in the plays from the sidelines? Did Pettigrew kick the game winning field goal, did he snap the ball, and hold it as well? Without Pettigrew Indy would have still done well. Without the rest of the team Pettigrew would have been all alone.

Point valid and well taken. I was simply alluding to the fact that the interpretation of that seasons success is now changing to reflect more of the people who contributed, not just the chosen ones who were focused on then, last year, and I'm afraid will be again this year ( Hope I'm wrong on this year, but I doubt it). Hindsight always seems to be 20/20.

To reply as Webster aptly states is " to respond. " You did not respond to my post. You simply pontificate your dogmatism. Case in point, you stated " you ( INDYFBMAN ) think they ( IHS ) have more talent this year." Question : where did I either state or imply that IHS has more talent this year ? Should you decide to reply be specific quote me ! Stay on task don't ramble !