INDY- How does 2009 Look Like

sarahpalin

Does anyone know hsbfan or should I say indyhater...anyways back to indy and they didn't have a true back that could carry the ball-

How will the rest of the teams in the region look this year...

Good luck INDY

Josh Baily? Taylor Dixon? These names ring any bells? They had running backs and decided that they weren't talented enough. And what happened? A one-dimensional transparant game plan that eveyone out there could prepare for and shut down, Indyhater? No way! I'm ashamed of the loss of oportunity for many a talented player on that team due to either short sightedness, hard headedness, or just plain stupidity. That team had the potential to go all the way. Indyhater? Not here. Simply an observer whose opinions seem to rankle the more rabid banwagoners here. Well, at least it'll give ya'll something to focus your frustrations on rather than examining the facts and asking what happened and what can be done to fix it.

It seems as though there are some people still interested in seeing Indy win (myself included) and that's a good thing. Now, maybe there might be some intellegent ideas/opinions on what can be done to fix things on the field instead of blind alliegence to the staus quo. Let's hope so for the sake of the boys who have to play based on the decisions that are made and live with the consequences.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Baily? Taylor Dixon? These names ring any bells? They had running backs and decided that they weren't talented enough. And what happened? A one-dimensional transparant game plan that eveyone out there could prepare for and shut down, Indyhater? No way! I'm ashamed of the loss of oportunity for many a talented player on that team due to either short sightedness, hard headedness, or just plain stupidity. That team had the potential to go all the way. Indyhater? Not here. Simply an observer whose opinions seem to rankle the more rabid banwagoners here. Well, at least it'll give ya'll something to focus your frustrations on rather than examining the facts and asking what happened and what can be done to fix it.

It seems as though there are some people still interested in seeing Indy win (myself included) and that's a good thing. Now, maybe there might be some intellegent ideas/opinions on what can be done to fix things on the field instead of blind alliegence to the staus quo. Let's hope so for the sake of the boys who have to play based on the decisions that are made and live with the consequences.

Sorry the two above mentioned backs were not up to the task last year and throw in a bad o-line. You said last years team had the potential to go all the way-your crazy

You can't run the ball without an O-line. Plain and simple. Eubanks does an outstanding job and because your boy doesn't get the ball or get to play you get on here and whine. It is easy to see why so many of our players are nothing but a bunch of crybaby punks. They have parents like you setting the example. Look at the last game for example. Parents throwing bottles from the stands, cursing at the coaching, etc. etc. If I was Eubanks I would look at tape and try and catch whoever was throwing the bottles. Then they would never attend another IHS sporting event. Then I would take some of the ones stirring up trouble like the little middle school aide Dawn and family (think is her name) and they wouldn't be welcomed anywhere near the program. I guess everyone was happy with Smith when he was such an overbearing jerk that broke the rules and brought outside players in that had no link to the community. Coach I have very little ties to the program anymore not even Heritage but you are doing a fine job and doing it legally and with class. I hope our players do not get on this board a read this junk. I am excited about next year and if anyone has any info on how the guys are doing in the weightroom I would be interested to hear. Also are we scrimmaging anyone anycount?

You can't run the ball without an O-line. Plain and simple. Eubanks does an outstanding job and because your boy doesn't get the ball or get to play you get on here and whine. It is easy to see why so many of our players are nothing but a bunch of crybaby punks. They have parents like you setting the example. Look at the last game for example. Parents throwing bottles from the stands, cursing at the coaching, etc. etc. If I was Eubanks I would look at tape and try and catch whoever was throwing the bottles. Then they would never attend another IHS sporting event. Then I would take some of the ones stirring up trouble like the little middle school aide Dawn and family (think is her name) and they wouldn't be welcomed anywhere near the program. I guess everyone was happy with Smith when he was such an overbearing jerk that broke the rules and brought outside players in that had no link to the community. Coach I have very little ties to the program anymore not even Heritage but you are doing a fine job and doing it legally and with class. I hope our players do not get on this board a read this junk. I am excited about next year and if anyone has any info on how the guys are doing in the weightroom I would be interested to hear. Also are we scrimmaging anyone anycount?

love this post.. absolutely

Any word on other signees, interested colleges, etc.? If they get as much support from the coaching staff as was demonstrated last year during recruiting season ( and again, why should anything change?) these kids are basically on their own after the season is over. Good luck kids and keep in touch! Remember all the help you received from your HS coaches to realize your dreams of playing on Saturdays and be sure to give back with the same self-sacrificing generosity that they have demonstrated for you. Yeah, right!

I would like everyone to give there thoughts...Maybe I should start a new thread.BUT Sarah Pahlin , You might have a good input on this as well......Here Goes

I have to agree with HSBFan1 to an extent. I think/ Thought that Williamson County has had too much talent over the last few years to NOT see more players moving to the next level OR being Recruited by Div 1 and / or Div 2 schools. After having friends and aquaintences at several area schools, It seems like this is an ongoing problem. (To me it looks like the Coaches do not want to take the extra time) For instance....Wilco was not represented well, if even AT ALL in the All Star game, and I have heard that Coaches have to nominate their players.

Also by asking around, many families and kids do not know HOW or WHAT the recruiting processes are. I think the Athletic directors have to be more involved....Please give me your thoughts/comments.

I would like everyone to give there thoughts...Maybe I should start a new thread.BUT Sarah Pahlin , You might have a good input on this as well......Here Goes

I have to agree with HSBFan1 to an extent. I think/ Thought that Williamson County has had too much talent over the last few years to NOT see more players moving to the next level OR being Recruited by Div 1 and / or Div 2 schools. After having friends and aquaintences at several area schools, It seems like this is an ongoing problem. (To me it looks like the Coaches do not want to take the extra time) For instance....Wilco was not represented well, if even AT ALL in the All Star game, and I have heard that Coaches have to nominate their players.

Also by asking around, many families and kids do not know HOW or WHAT the recruiting processes are. I think the Athletic directors have to be more involved....Please give me your thoughts/comments.

Well I would have to say the talent level at IHS or the region has not been that great to warrant major D1 schools.their has been a lot of very good palyers but none of the D1 status.

Remember their is a lot of high schools in america and here in florida they breed ball players...

You are right when I was ocord at a private school in chitown in offseason (before football season began) my responsibility was to cut game tapes(yer no dvd back then) and send it out to the universitys matchin our players level to the college. Example u of illini or a div 3 lake forest or winona state.

Take care there, you may disturb some with this type of observation.

Talent cant hide. In the high stakes world of college recruiting, talent isnt missed very much any more, especially in areas like Williamson County where the level of play is so high.

If a kid has what it takes and puts it on the field, they will be recruited. If not, then enjoy the high school years you got to participate in with no regrets.

I think the talent in Wilco is not as high as it is in other areas of the state (generally speaking). Wilco does a god job because for the most part the kids are hard working and most of the coaches know what they are doing. I think Wilco coaches get more out of less than any coaches in the state. This is not to insult the kids, but to take a hat off to their committment, work ethic, and the coaching staffs.

Talent cant hide. In the high stakes world of college recruiting, talent isnt missed very much any more, especially in areas like Williamson County where the level of play is so high.

If a kid has what it takes and puts it on the field, they will be recruited. If not, then enjoy the high school years you got to participate in with no regrets.

You as sooo wrong. Blue chip players are not missd. Kids with talent are every day and every year. Why because the player did not get exposure! Somone is not working hard enough to get that player noticed. I have seen players with very little playing time get big time scholarship money and seen players who had big time ability have to wait a few months to get a shot. But in bot cases someone was working to get them in school. Most coaches and to a degree parents do not work at this and that is why these student-athletes are either just in school or just getting by after HS. I am not saying every player is college football material but players who have ability and grades can get into colleg. The question is how bad do you want it and how hard are you going to work to get that player in? Around here there are VERY FEW WHO MAKE THIS TYPE OF EFFORT AND SACRIFICE. COACHES AND PARENTS ALIKE! And that is assuming your player has the grades!

Here is a sad joke for all of you. "How can talent hide? When a college coach does not see them on film or in person, and someone is not pushing the issue!"

-Say hello...to the BADGUY!

You as sooo wrong. Blue chip players are not missd. Kids with talent are every day and every year. Why because the player did not get exposure! Somone is not working hard enough to get that player noticed. I have seen players with very little playing time get big time scholarship money and seen players who had big time ability have to wait a few months to get a shot. But in bot cases someone was working to get them in school. Most coaches and to a degree parents do not work at this and that is why these student-athletes are either just in school or just getting by after HS. I am not saying every player is college football material but players who have ability and grades can get into colleg. The question is how bad do you want it and how hard are you going to work to get that player in? Around here there are VERY FEW WHO MAKE THIS TYPE OF EFFORT AND SACRIFICE. COACHES AND PARENTS ALIKE! And that is assuming your player has the grades!

Here is a sad joke for all of you. "How can talent hide? When a college coach does not see them on film or in person, and someone is not pushing the issue!"

This may be about the most clueless post I have seen in a while. Seriously, blaming coaches and parents?

Its a sad state of affairs if a kid thinks anyone but themselves can play to a certain level to get noticed. Apparently you have gotten left out of the scholarship game and are looking to blame coaches and parents for it. Should have worked a little harder, heck, maybe a lot harder, or maybe you just never had what it takes. But dont worry, intermural football is pretty fun at most colleges.

Coaches wont push an less then talented athlete to a college coach, because their reputation is on the line. Why stick you neck out for an average player? They dont and wont, because when the real deal comes along, they want college coaches to listen to them and believe their assessment.

If a coach isnt pushing, there's a reason for it; the kid isnt good enough to put their reputation on. Sounds like that describes a very disgruntled poster who's screen name describes his level of play...bad.

This may be about the most clueless post I have seen in a while. Seriously, blaming coaches and parents?

Its a sad state of affairs if a kid thinks anyone but themselves can play to a certain level to get noticed. Apparently you have gotten left out of the scholarship game and are looking to blame coaches and parents for it. Should have worked a little harder, heck, maybe a lot harder, or maybe you just never had what it takes. But dont worry, intermural football is pretty fun at most colleges.

Coaches wont push an less then talented athlete to a college coach, because their reputation is on the line. Why stick you neck out for an average player? They dont and wont, because when the real deal comes along, they want college coaches to listen to them and believe their assessment.

If a coach isnt pushing, there's a reason for it; the kid isnt good enough to put their reputation on. Sounds like that describes a very disgruntled poster who's screen name describes his level of play...bad.

Just for kicks and giggles I will reply to this with the facts.

1. I did not say push an average or less talented athlete! re-read my post! I said and I quote "Blue chip players are not missed. Kids with talent are every day and every year. Why because the player did not get exposure!" That is EXACTLY what I said!

2. I am talking about players who CAN play at the next level either at DI or NAIA but are GOOD ENOUGH to play at the next level! I did not say the kid who is on the team just to say he plays!

3. I agree that the coaches reputation is on the line and SHOULD NOT PUSH PLAYERS WHO CANNOT MAKE IT OR DO NOT HAVE THE GRADES! However, my argument is that many coaches and parents of student-athletes who ARE CAPABLE and HAVE THE GRADES to play at the next level are not working hard enough to get that person noticed! There are many coaches (not all!) who don't do much or work hard in this department!

4. We agree on this. Players who do right and work hard and have the grades and talent should get a shot!

5. As for your other comments I will only address this once! I have had very successful runs in HS as a multi-sport all-conference player, as a DI scholarship multi-sport athlete with ALL-AMERICAN RECOGNITION IN ONE OF THEM, and in my stints as a coach of mutiple HS sports and have a winning record in EVERY ONE THAT I HAVE COACHED AND HAVE GOTTEN PLAYERS IN SCHOOL!

Let us remember what the point of this thread is. What is INDY GOING TO DO NEXT?! That is what we all want to see and only hope for the best for those kids who are doing the right things!