INDY- How does 2009 Look Like

sarahpalin

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Good point

Hmmm. Whoever got their info is questionable, Alex does bench that much but i dont think a guy like him can out bench a guy like dalton burge, who by the way has been the varsity heavy weight wrestler since his freshmen year. My source, who is actually on the team, says Dalton can bench 300+ but besides him im sure the other OL/DL's who are not far from Dalton or Alex. There will be exprience on both sides of the line from this past year (Juniors and Sophs). The next season is still very far away, plus whats wrong with your QB having one of the highest bench press ont the team? I bet money Tim Tebow can out bench most of the other players at UF, just something to think about.

Hmmm. Whoever got their info is questionable, Alex does bench that much but i dont think a guy like him can out bench a guy like dalton burge, who by the way has been the varsity heavy weight wrestler since his freshmen year. My source, who is actually on the team, says Dalton can bench 300+ but besides him im sure the other OL/DL's who are not far from Dalton or Alex. There will be exprience on both sides of the line from this past year (Juniors and Sophs). The next season is still very far away, plus whats wrong with your QB having one of the highest bench press ont the team? I bet money Tim Tebow can out bench most of the other players at UF, just something to think about.

Not surprising that there's at least one OL that can bench 300. However bench is only one of the 3 crucial lifts for maximal off season gains in the weight room. The other two being squat and clean (power or hang). But this is not the first time Indy has had a QB at the front or towards the front of the team on the bench press-Emory Martin a few years back was a 300 pound bencher along with several other teammates at the time. I think I remember ole Smitty saying something to me about him having 5 or 6 300 pound benchers on the team back in 06.

Not surprising that there's not at least one OL that can bench 300. However bench is only one of the 3 crucial lifts for maximal off season gains in the weight room. The other two being squat and clean (power or hang). But this is not the first time Indy has had a QB at the front or towards the front of the team on the bench press-Emory Martin a few years back was a 300 pound bencher along with several other teammates at the time. I think I remember ole Smitty saying something to me about him having 5 or 6 300 pound benchers on the team back in 06.

Did you not see that i said Dalton Burge who plays both OL/DL benchs 300+

Dalton is a great player and works hard, but has the unhappy luck to rarely play many downs without injury. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Drew Kelly. Is he not getting pumped?

Oh yea, of course. I dont know what he can bench or anything but i garuntee he is one of the top benchers. He didnt start working out right away with the team because he was still playing basketball but he only missed a short time, no biggy. Other big guys that most people might not know are, Jerome Powell soph., and Ben Laskey jun. both played a lot this past year with Dalton and Drew.

Oh yea, of course. I dont know what he can bench or anything but i garuntee he is one of the top benchers. He didnt start working out right away with the team because he was still playing basketball but he only missed a short time, no biggy. Other big guys that most people might not know are, Jerome Powell soph., and Ben Laskey jun. both played a lot this past year with Dalton and Drew.

I assume from your posts that you are an IHS student. If so just drop by the wieght room and check out the posted maxs for each Indy player. The recorded facts document the teams progress to date.

Lifting and strength training aside, I'd much more prefer a strong game plan and coaching staff that works and achieves wins. Just a thought. Strength is a good thing, using it wisely: priceless!

The success or failure of the IHS football team will to a significant extent be determined by the results of pre - season prep. This journey begins with strength & speed training.