INDY- How does 2009 Look Like

sarahpalin

And thats why people like me and most people who go to Indys games know that experience is a huge key for them to win a lot next year.

Its not every year when you have a team with 42 returning players, 27 seniors, and with three seniors having already two years of starting exprience on the varsity level; QB Alex Heckmen, WR/S/K Ty Stannard, and DL/OL Dalton Burge.

By the way the Independence 2009 schedule is now on the schools coachT page.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew Bryant is an example of a Page baseball player that didnt make the cut at Indy after his freshmen year and went to page to play baseball. However I agree with you that Gross is a good player but he did try out as a freshmen at indy and prob didnt make it for one of your reasons stated. (politics behind who the coaches like)

Now to say neel langford and wisdom were better than any Indy player last year is a bit overboard. None of these players would have ever saw consistent playing time at indy till their senior year. Wisdom was third string at best sometimes fourth string while he was at indy and went to page cuz he never played, oh wait yeah he did...he was the kick returner..sorry forgot.

There were a handfull of players that were on indy's team for the 08 season that were better than those three. Heckman indy's qb for example would be one of them, as a sophmore he put up nearly 400 yards of offense by himself in the semifinals game against milington 350 passing 40 running and got his team to the state finals in 5A. What has neel or langford done for page (reminder it would have been in 3A against lesser competition)? Terone shepard, cameron williams, thomas berry, would all be better than the three you stated. neel would not have ever played at indy at qb over even nick smith.

I read the Indy posts and will always support the Indy team, I know many of the players that came from Page middle that are now at Indy. however I am a proud supporter of Page and when some fool comes on here and puts down Page players I must respond.

You say that Indy had a handfull of better players than Neel, Lankford, and Wisdom I would be suprised, if they did they sure didnt show up at the scrimmage these two teams played. Oh, and yes I know it was only a scimmage but those 3 players from Page showed up and Indy new it when it was over.

Now you bring up Heckmans stats of 07, I dont know him personaly but I do know hes the real deal and congrats to him on his ability and from what Ive heard his work ethic too. but were entering the 09 season, the state semi finals of 07 is yesterdays news. you really need to move on there was no destiny there.

And you ask what did Neel, Lankford, and I will include Wisdom on this, do for Page, they Brought home a win agianst Cenntenial somthing your handfull of better athletes couldnt do, are you sure you still want to talk about our 3a team that plays lesser competiion. Wait lets use your ignorant way of thinking an say that we didnt play the same team you did, thats a good excuse.

You might want to think again before you come on here and make yourself out to be a bigger moron than you normally are by putting down other players from other schools

Good luck Indy this coming season!!!

I read the Indy posts and will always support the Indy team, I know many of the players that came from Page middle that are now at Indy. however I am a proud supporter of Page and when some fool comes on here and puts down Page players I must respond.

You say that Indy had a handfull of better players than Neel, Lankford, and Wisdom I would be suprised, if they did they sure didnt show up at the scrimmage these two teams played. Oh, and yes I know it was only a scimmage but those 3 players from Page showed up and Indy new it when it was over.

Now you bring up Heckmans stats of 07, I dont know him personaly but I do know hes the real deal and congrats to him on his ability and from what Ive heard his work ethic too. but were entering the 09 season, the state semi finals of 07 is yesterdays news. you really need to move on there was no destiny there.

And you ask what did Neel, Lankford, and I will include Wisdom on this, do for Page, they Brought home a win agianst Cenntenial somthing your handfull of better athletes couldnt do, are you sure you still want to talk about our 3a team that plays lesser competiion. Wait lets use your ignorant way of thinking an say that we didnt play the same team you did, thats a good excuse.

You might want to think again before you come on here and make yourself out to be a bigger moron than you normally are by putting down other players from other schools

Good luck Indy this coming season!!!

Read every post before you respond... (really just the one I responded to).

Someone appeared to be downing indy players by saying that the three page players were better than ANY indy player last year, which is not the case. Yeah i said indy had a "handful of players" that were better than your three and the guys i listed are, but no indy did not have a complete team so they were not successful last year and did not win the scrimage or beat centennial which apparently just made your season. The 4-5 players i talked about do not make a team i was just saying talent for talent they were better.

And what part about what i said about the page three did i say wasnt true???

neel would have not ever played at indy as a qb over heckman or smith and wisdom was on indys team and never played alot so he left...thats just the way it is.

yeah i talked about heckman's stats because they are very impressive, a sophmore that puts up almost 400 yds in a semi finals game in 5A is something to be talked about. I guarantee you no page player put up those kind of numbers in the "kodak moment" centenial win or the scrimage against us. that is why i contradicted the other guy's statement by saying that these page players were not better than all of indy's players.

p.s. if you want me to talk about some of the other indy guy's i listed that are better i can i just dont want to make this post longer than it needs to be.

Interesting since they just went to the state championship two seasons ago! Totally discredits what you are saying. There are enough there to win. Best of luck to Indy except one week /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Other than everyone else pointing out the ignorance of you post I thought we were disussing why Indy didn't win last year. Comparing every single team to the one that went to the State Championship is not only rediculous but unfair as other posters have pointed out that it is rare to have that many returning guys coming back. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Read every post before you respond... (really just the one I responded to).

Someone appeared to be downing indy players by saying that the three page players were better than ANY indy player last year, which is not the case. Yeah i said indy had a "handful of players" that were better than your three and the guys i listed are, but no indy did not have a complete team so they were not successful last year and did not win the scrimage or beat centennial which apparently just made your season. The 4-5 players i talked about do not make a team i was just saying talent for talent they were better.

And what part about what i said about the page three did i say wasnt true???

neel would have not ever played at indy as a qb over heckman or smith and wisdom was on indys team and never played alot so he left...thats just the way it is.

yeah i talked about heckman's stats because they are very impressive, a sophmore that puts up almost 400 yds in a semi finals game in 5A is something to be talked about. I guarantee you no page player put up those kind of numbers in the "kodak moment" centenial win or the scrimage against us. that is why i contradicted the other guy's statement by saying that these page players were not better than all of indy's players.

p.s. if you want me to talk about some of the other indy guy's i listed that are better i can i just dont want to make this post longer than it needs to be.

And again I will say that Page had Neel playing out of position out of necessity. Neel is not a QB and he will tell you that. He is an athlete and as far as athleticism much better that Smith or Heckman. heckman is the better QB and to some stint a better leader but to say Neel would not have started a RB and Safety is rediculous unless you just let True 4.55 or better players ride the bench. Indy does have some athletes I am just saying for some to get on here and bash the coaching staff for last season is nutz. We were inexperienced and young and in 5A that usually equates to losses. It is not the game planning or the coaching. Other schools had more mature athletes.

Other than everyone else pointing out the ignorance of you post I thought we were disussing why Indy didn't win last year. Comparing every single team to the one that went to the State Championship is not only rediculous but unfair as other posters have pointed out that it is rare to have that many returning guys coming back. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree when you have lots of returning starters then it is easier to win the coming year. However, I WAS NEVER BASHING ANY COACHES!!! I only said that the other posters remarks were discredited to say there were no players at INDY! I follow Region 6-5a and Franklin and I have watched Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Franklin keep it going and they graduate many each year also. That is all I was saying. It will be tougher on Indy because of that non-district schedule with losses to Oakland and MBA. They better win the other three non-district because the district itself has many, many tough games. Best of LUCK except for one week /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And again I will say that Page had Neel playing out of position out of necessity. Neel is not a QB and he will tell you that. He is an athlete and as far as athleticism much better that Smith or Heckman. heckman is the better QB and to some stint a better leader but to say Neel would not have started a RB and Safety is rediculous unless you just let True 4.55 or better players ride the bench. Indy does have some athletes I am just saying for some to get on here and bash the coaching staff for last season is nutz. We were inexperienced and young and in 5A that usually equates to losses. It is not the game planning or the coaching. Other schools had more mature athletes.

Yeah i agree indy could have used someone like neel at rb last year, but him starting at those positions would not have made him the best player on the team, which i thought you were trying to say in your first post i responded to. for example take tebow and harvin last year at fl. i would say tebow was the better football player however harvin was faster and more athletic. (in this analogy heckman like tebow and harvin like neel just to clear up anyone not understanding and making some off the wall post)

and yeah agreed that it wasn't the coaching staff's fault. They didnt have a complete team last year and were unsuccessful as i have said in two other posts on here.

I agree when you have lots of returning starters then it is easier to win the coming year. However, I WAS NEVER BASHING ANY COACHES!!! I only said that the other posters remarks were discredited to say there were no players at INDY! I follow Region 6-5a and Franklin and I have watched Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Franklin keep it going and they graduate many each year also. That is all I was saying. It will be tougher on Indy because of that non-district schedule with losses to Oakland and MBA. They better win the other three non-district because the district itself has many, many tough games. Best of LUCK except for one week /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ok one do you always post---> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> with everything you post? And how can you count Oakland and MBA loses already when they sure as heck havent played yet? (Ok maybe we can already count MBA as a loss but...) Thats like last year when Centennial played page, everyone thought that was a sure win for centennial, and guess what happened? yea. Unless a good 6A or 5A team schedules, a known to be, cruddy 2A or 1A team (Or Coulmbia /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ) no game is a sure win. Its also like in college football with Utah and Bama playing last year, i heard so many bama fans saying oh man we have this wrapped up! First BCS Bowl win for Saban! Not the case.

Plus i totally agree with Page having a better TEAM than indys last year. Page had a balanced team, and Indy had star power (or some what of it).

P.S- The scrimmage that page 'won' we had our 2nd strings in most of the snaps like 80% of the time. I think its funny that Page's highlight of the year was 'beating' Indy in a scrimmage game (jv vs. varsity), and beating centennial.

Ok one do you always post---> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> with everything you post? And how can you count Oakland and MBA loses already when they sure as heck havent played yet? (Ok maybe we can already count MBA as a loss but...) Thats like last year when Centennial played page, everyone thought that was a sure win for centennial, and guess what happened? yea. Unless a good 6A or 5A team schedules, a known to be, cruddy 2A or 1A team (Or Coulmbia /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ) no game is a sure win. Its also like in college football with Utah and Bama playing last year, i heard so many bama fans saying oh man we have this wrapped up! First BCS Bowl win for Saban! Not the case.

Plus i totally agree with Page having a better TEAM than indys last year. Page had a balanced team, and Indy had star power (or some what of it).

P.S- The scrimmage that page 'won' we had our 2nd strings in most of the snaps like 80% of the time. I think its funny that Page's highlight of the year was 'beating' Indy in a scrimmage game (jv vs. varsity), and beating centennial.

Why dont you go ask the Coach if you can review the game film from the scrimmage with Page last year. Im sure you will realize that your comment on the 2nd string team playing is caused by either a lack of knowledge or just plain denial. go ask the coach himself im sure he will tell you the accurate outcome of that game. I bet next your going to say Indy played cenntenial with thier 2nd string also

P.S. You can look at the Pages highlights of last year any way you want to. you can even laugh at them if you want to, but one thing you better be aware of, at least Page had highlights. at Indys expense. now that we discussed last years drama, you need to be concerned about Indys future and hope they make some drastic changes or it will be another year with no highlights. good luck to them.

Why dont you go ask the Coach if you can review the game film from the scrimmage with Page last year. Im sure you will realize that your comment on the 2nd string team playing is caused by either a lack of knowledge or just plain denial. go ask the coach himself im sure he will tell you the accurate outcome of that game. I bet next your going to say Indy played cenntenial with thier 2nd string also

P.S. You can look at the Pages highlights of last year any way you want to. you can even laugh at them if you want to, but one thing you better be aware of, at least Page had highlights. at Indys expense. now that we discussed last years drama, you need to be concerned about Indys future and hope they make some drastic changes or it will be another year with no highlights. good luck to them.

Umm... Yea no, not lack of knowledge or denial at all. I happen to have been at the scrimmage, our starting qb played only a few snaps during the whole game, including our starting safety, #1 db, and starting center/linebacker. (Ty Stannard, Tyerone Sheppard, and Thomas Berry in that order). Plus i have the offensive cord. as a teacher, he said to us it was 14-7 and we lost. So it isnt denial, and no im not going to say we played only 2nd string againist Centennial either, thats just stupid. I just think its funny how page people has nothing better to say than we 'beat' you in a scrimmage.