Ronnie Carter

devilsden

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread probably needs to be moved since it involves all TSSAA Sports. General Discussion?

However, I'm surprised there was not some sort of search committee, then interviews, then votes etc to elect the new Director?

Sounds like Castro to a Castro to me. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

If I were a school and a member of the TSSAA, then I'd be "fumed" that the member schools had no say so! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I am not surprised. I heard rumblings about this not long after all the Brentwood Academy stuff was finished. Good time to retire, let Childress take all the heat next fall when it comes time to decide who goes and who stays home for the football playoffs. This probably stops The Daily news Journal-driven rumor about the TSSAA moving to the Boro. i wouldn't be surprised if TSSAA membership is mandated fro the Middle schools(This is whre Childress comes from). I also wonder if now eight man football will be sanctioned,: a lot of schools play it now.

Thread probably needs to be moved since it involves all TSSAA Sports. General Discussion?

However, I'm surprised there was not some sort of search committee, then interviews, then votes etc to elect the new Director?

Sounds like Castro to a Castro to me. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

If I were a school and a member of the TSSAA, then I'd be "fumed" that the member schools had no say so! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The TSSAA Constitution gives the Board of Control the responsibility for selecting the Executive Director. The member schools had their say when they elected their representatives on the Board.

Ronnie has taken the heat for about 23 years and always remained a gentleman. The job is a thankless job and he has done as goog a job as anyone I know could have. If you think you could do a better job, get a degree and get a job in education and get hired by the Board of Control. Good Luck. Clint Abbott

Amen to that.

Ronnie has taken the heat for about 23 years and always remained a gentleman. The job is a thankless job and he has done as goog a job as anyone I know could have. If you think you could do a better job, get a degree and get a job in education and get hired by the Board of Control. Good Luck. Clint Abbott

I agree however the last 2 years the 2 biggest rules the changes were made when they didnt need to be made...the 50/50 rule had no real benefit to anyone it just made some of us pay a higher fee for our kids to play elsewhere...I think that the new classification rule is bad looking at it from the outside I understand the districts needing to be redone with all the new schools coming in but I liked how the region was done in football and as a whole it was a really good system

I agree with Clint. An impossible job to satisfy everyone. He has done an admirable job and represented TN well throughout the nation and remained a gentlemen as Clint said. People that say otherwise do not know what they are talking about and always want everything to turn out their way. Thanks Ronnie for many good years and for doing the right thing day in and day out. I only hope that Bernard will continue along the same lines.

GOOD RIDDANCE YOU POMPOUS ARROGANT JERK!!!!!

It's easy to make bold statements about someone I'm sure you don't know personally when you hide behind a screen name. First, if you knew him, you wouldn't make ignorant statements (ignorant because you don't know what you're talking about); second, I'd bet a double cheeseburger that you wouldn't say it to his face. Thanks, Ronnie, for all you've done. Your leadership will be missed!

It's easy to make bold statements about someone I'm sure you don't know personally when you hide behind a screen name. First, if you knew him, you wouldn't make ignorant statements (ignorant because you don't know what you're talking about); second, I'd bet a double cheeseburger that you wouldn't say it to his face. Thanks, Ronnie, for all you've done. Your leadership will be missed!

wrong and wrong

Know him and watched his actions abd decisions for over 30 years.

and yes I have told him what I have thought.