McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

92charger

Good luck to the Wild Kitties...beat McMinn (not county). /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thanks for the clarifier! It is much appreciated. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to be rude, but if you don't like the name McMinn why doesn't the high school just drop it and be called Central high school?

It's just that McMinn County is our biggest rival. Whenever someone calls us just "McMinn", it's like nails on a chalkboard to us because that's what McMinn County is called. We prefer McMinn Central or Central. I guess you'd just have to understand our history.

It's just that McMinn County is our biggest rival. Whenever someone calls us just "McMinn", it's like nails on a chalkboard to us because that's what McMinn County is called. We prefer McMinn Central or Central. I guess you'd just have to understand our history.

How far apart are the 2 schools? Are the students zoned to one school or the other?

How far apart are the 2 schools? Are the students zoned to one school or the other?

The schools are about ten miles apart, but a student can transport himself to either school. For the most part, buses run in the Englewood and Etowah areas for McMinn Central and the rest of the county (Athens, Niota, Riceville, and Calhoun areas) for McMinn County. Actually, the official name of McMinn Central is Central High School of McMinn County.

To tell you a little about the rivalry, it's been over 20 years since I graduated from McMinn Central. It's still sweet to defeat them on the court or playing field.

The schools are about 10 miles apart and they are the only two high schools in the county. The zones basically split the county in half. It's been a pretty intense rivalry for quite a long time.

I'll get back on topic, now. How many seniors does Livingston Academy have? I know they are experienced and from what I hear on here, they sound like a mirror image of the Chargerettes.

I think depth will be the deciding factor in this one...Central has a lot of it and from what I hear Livingston doesn't...Should still be a good game though and I could be wrong about the depth...

LA has 3 seniors to answer that question from the previous post. How much depth does Central have? Coach Smith from LA plays 9 players most games sometimes more sometimes less. I can't speak for her but I can promise you she will play 7 (has every game don't see it changing now) She played 9 players against Polk the other night andI'm not counting the younger classmen that played the last min in a half in the 4th quarter.

I think depth will be the deciding factor in this one...Central has a lot of it and from what I hear Livingston doesn't...Should still be a good game though and I could be wrong about the depth...

Both teams have experience. Both teams have recently defeated Upperman in close contests that were decided late in the game. Both teams have more than one scorer. This will be a great ballgame.

Central fans must not be fooled by the won-loss record of Livingston. They have played a terrific schedule, and they are in probably the strongest region in AA. I expect a tough ballgame.

Even though McMinn Central will be heavily favored, i still think this will be one of the best games of the first day. I think Livingston will come ready to play and try to prove something. i dont think they will pull it off, but i do think it will be a good game none the least.

Just curious as to how you figure that MC is a heavy favorite ?? Because MC hasn't lost a game this year !!! I would say that if our girls played your schedule that we might be undefeated as well. No pun intended.

The LA girls play one of the toughest schedules in the state year in year out. Could be the fact that the best girls B-Ball is played in this area. So I will agree to disagree with you and say that LA will not be an easy win as most of your fans think. Yes our girls will come in with something to prove. That they have one of the best teams this year and have fought and clawed their way into this position and won't be denied.

I'm sure the Lady Chargers have a real good team, they usually do. And this year is no exception it seems with the big win over Upperman. But don't let the record fool you . LA girls are jelling at the right time and they have played in big big games all year. So they are battle tested and ready for the week and what lies ahead.

Please take note of my signature....b/c I am just a fan of my team like most of you are with yours.