2009 Franklin Rebels

fbforme

Well we are headed south on Tuesday for a scrimmage with Giles County. I guess there was not anyone north of the border that was willing to scrimmage us? We parents will all get frequent flyer miles with the schedule that the coaches made for our REBELS. We must even travel over an hour for a scrimmage! What is going on here? Maybe this will all work out, but right now it is very frustrating trying to be a rebel fan and understand what is going on with the program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be there, of course, and I will give detalis on Wednesday. I hope everyone is injury free. :lol:

Here you go again... try reading the Tennessean or go to http://www.tennessean.com and click on high schools and you will see that other teams (Jo Byrns another state runner-up) had the same difficuluty making their schedules work! We HEARD you the first time and you just really like beatin that dead horse. As said before TRUE REBEL fans will go where ever is needed to support these young men (b/c its the KIDS THAT REALLY MATTER HERE), and TRUE REBEL fans wont be on CoachT whinning and complaining of season ticket home games or length of travel. Enough is enough... aight! :roflol:

I read the article and you are correct!! I will quit beating that dead horse. It is what it is (although not right). One thing I will say to you is I am a TRUE REBEL fan and it is the KIDS THAT REALLY MATTER and that is why I was whinning and complaining (as you said). Are you a true REBEL FAN? If so, ask the kids if they'd rather travel 2 hours or more for a game and only play four at home. I know for a fact that the majority of those kids will tell you that they want to play at home. All I asked for was 5 home games (like everyone else seems to have). Oh and by the way we only played 4 regular season home games last year also. I would think that the TRUE REBEL fans would be paid back better than that to watch their rebels at home!!

ENOUGH ABOUT THIS AND I MAY JUST RETIRE FROM TALKING TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU! Only Rebel football from now on!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a TRUE REBEL fan would have been at the Franklin Hillsboro game and seen their team in its home colored jerseys... that's because it counted as a home game... so, another game at home would have brought the total of home games to "6." That's not normal.... You got to play in front of a huge crowd in a great game and got a big gate.

So, ask your players if they would have rather played at home or on a college field with a jumbo-tron...TRUE REBEL

a TRUE REBEL fan would have been at the Franklin Hillsboro game and seen their team in its home colored jerseys... that's because it counted as a home game... so, another game at home would have brought the total of home games to "6." That's not normal.... You got to play in front of a huge crowd in a great game and got a big gate.

So, ask your players if they would have rather played at home or on a college field with a jumbo-tron...TRUE REBEL

Perfectly put... that horse is beatin to a pulp again... poor little thing. Its weird "ITS THE KIDS THAT REALLY MATTER", but there are a lot of "I"s in that last response. :D

14-6 Hunter's Lane

Rebels lose more than scrimmage ....senior receiver Danny Kibbler broke his collar bone.

My nephew plays for the Rebs; I saw first part of this one. Both these teams will be good; Franklin has two very good RB's. they both made some plays! The Hunters Lane defense is very fast and aggressive and the HL quarterback is an excellent runner on options. It was very difficult for Franklin to keep him in check.

What is his name; he has to be one of the best players around this year. Very good scrimmage to watch

Rebels have 3 very good running backs in Seniors Ford and Lee and Junior Dye.....Ford did not play in Hunter's Lane scrimmage

Let me tell you what I saw at the scrimmage against Hunters Lane on Friday. I saw a depleted Franklin Football team who may very well be on the verge of the typical "post-state-slump". And this frustrated me, because I do not understand why they should be facing this uphill struggle. Obviously I understand that the season is a few weeks away, and many teams are still stumbling around to establish an identity, I also understand that many teams are trying to answer some tough questions right now as well. But most of all I completely understand that Franklin was "hit-hard-by-graduation" but all of these so-called explanations sound like "excuses". I see a team who returns arguably the best 3-back combo in the entire state of Tennessee, I see a team who also returns one of the best Left Tackles in the State as well in Isiah A. With all that said, I am having a hard time understanding why we are searching for an indentity, instead of simply picking up where Franklin left off last year, as one of the most controlling rush offenses combined with a death-grip defense.

I also saw a team in Franklin that had trouble handling aggressive, smash-mouth, hard-hitting teams such as Brentwood & Oakland just last year. I expected Franklin to show that they were ready to play up close and personal with tough teams (unlike last year) instead of repeatedly getting run over. I expected a certain blood-thirsty demeanor for the first full contact scrimmage of the year. I must say that Franklin appeared soft in every aspect of the game. The defense missed numerous tackles, the O-line seemed un-wittingly slow... The entire team seemed "soft". I can not think of a better word to describe the Rebel team I saw Friday.

While other teams are trying to find what works and patch up short-comings from lessons learned in the past, Franklin seems to be happy and content from last year's second place. :ugeek:

Let me tell you what I saw at the scrimmage against Hunters Lane on Friday. I saw a depleted Franklin Football team who may very well be on the verge of the typical "post-state-slump". And this frustrated me, because I do not understand why they should be facing this uphill struggle. Obviously I understand that the season is a few weeks away, and many teams are still stumbling around to establish an identity, I also understand that many teams are trying to answer some tough questions right now as well. But most of all I completely understand that Franklin was "hit-hard-by-graduation" but all of these so-called explanations sound like "excuses", and excuses are tools of incompetance which build monuments of nothingness those that practice in their uses are seldom capable of anything more. But here I what I do see...

I see a team who returns arguably the best 3-back combo in the entire state of Tennessee, I see a team who also returns one of the best Left Tackles in the State as well in Isiah A. With all that said, I am having a hard time understanding why we are searching for an indentity, instead of simply picking up where Franklin left off last year, as one of the most controlling rush offenses combined with a death-grip defense. I know that Graham N. is no longer in the backfield, and now the role of QB falls to a new un-experienced group. But once again I must ask "why", why is this young kid being asked to replicate Nichols' success as a sophmore. Why is the coaching staff at Franklin not using the weapons they have to surround the new QB in order for him to slowly grow in his position over the next few years. Why is he being asked to read defenses and throw the difficult routes (as if he was a senior) when he has Ford, Lee, & Dye behind him. All I am saying is that the new QB does not need to win games, he only needs not to screw them up. and Friday he did just that, he threw the ball up for grabs, he took costly sacks, he fumbled hand-offs, he was generally asked too much of. He doesn't need to be a game winner he just needs to be a game-manager.

I also saw a team in Franklin that had trouble handling aggressive, smash-mouth, hard-hitting teams such as Brentwood & Oakland just last year. I expected Franklin to show that they were ready to play up close and personal with tough teams (unlike last year) instead of repeatedly getting run over. I expected a certain blood-thirsty demeanor for the first full contact scrimmage of the year. I must say that Franklin appeared soft in every aspect of the game. The defense missed numerous tackles, the O-line seemed un-wittingly slow... The entire team seemed "soft". I can not think of a better word to describe the Rebel team I saw Friday.

While other teams are trying to find what works and patch up short-comings from lessons learned in the past, Franklin seems to be happy and content from last year's second place. :twisted:

There was some "ugly" but remember scrimmages are to work on your weaknesses, and we have several. Last year the Hunters Lane scrimmage was a disaster but seemed to be a wake up call, hopefully it will be again.