Jefferson County Football 2009

Warlock

Dogs v.s pats....I hope this game turns out to be a good one. If jeff can keep 33 under wraps and move the ball and score points they should atleast keep it close. 33 is the work horse from what ive heard. and Only 3 points last week for jeff , but that happens to be a great defense greeneville has up there. Not sure why jeff couldnt move the ball to score though. Put up 42 easily last year on the same defense. Has the offensive stratedgy changed with the coaching movements i read about or is it still the same as last year? If it is the same there is no excuse for 3 points. That offense should go like a train if operating properly with the talent jeff has over there. They always have talented kids but for the last two seasons it hasnt really showed in the win collumn. I hope jeff can trun it around tho and get to winning and those kids make a legacy for their time as the greats from the 80's did. Goodluck to both teams.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have waited to post my reply until my butt was no longer sore from the kicking it took last Friday night. Other than #6, I did not see many bright spots for the Pats. Offensively, nothing has changed except we do not pitch the ball as much as we use to. Defensively, we are in trouble in my opinion against any kind of rushing attack with a physical offensive line.

I went to watch both the games in Motown on Saturday, and I was impressed by both of the teams physical play. We have to get better. By the way, I will be watching the Greenville vs Fulton playoff game. That will be a war.

I have waited to post my reply until my butt was no longer sore from the kicking it took last Friday night. Other than #6, I did not see many bright spots for the Pats. Offensively, nothing has changed except we do not pitch the ball as much as we use to. Defensively, we are in trouble in my opinion against any kind of rushing attack with a physical offensive line.

I went to watch both the games in Motown on Saturday, and I was impressed by both of the teams physical play. We have to get better. By the way, I will be watching the Greenville vs Fulton playoff game. That will be a war.

thats a well put comment on pitching the ball. from the game or two last year i happen to see jeff play it was either straight dive or qb keeper. no doubt about it i know jeff has got talent and speed. the split back offense might take off and explode with pitching the ball on the option because its very hard for a defense to defend a triple option attack when it is ran right. and if they have a passing game to balance that they could be tough to defend. :wacko: goodluck to jeff and bearden tonight. bearden will be a tough game for jeff going into it 0-1. bearden is one of the best down here in knox county in my opinion. someone thats going to this game id like to know the outcome and how the devrin young kid performs against jeff.

I went to the game. Brutal football-thats all i can say. I honestly believe that either team could have won this game. Somehow Bearden comes out on top by what? 20+ points? There were at least 6 fumbles and an interception on Jeffs part. Devrin Young was contained pretty well for what everyone thought would/could be a field day. I'm not sure on the final numbers but not many long runs, (one for 40 yard TD or so) and there were some hard hits put on him. He was limping around at the end of the game. And I couldnt believe this part!!!!! 8 minutes left on the clock and the score is 24-3 Bearden. DEVRINS IN THE GAME!!!!!! Dumb move Bearden.

Jeff Co. has some real athletes but also some serious problems. The star of the field? Anthony Goins. Great player. He has the speed and quickness to escape pressure in the pocket and the arm to make throws on the run. Great vision down the field as well. As for the wide receivers- they made some great catches in traffic and across the middle, but the wide open passes were the ones they would drop or misread. These guys were pretty athletic though. The line had trouble blocking Beardens pass rush especially in the second half. The offense was really good-especially early. They moved the ball all over Bearden in the first quarter only to have drives stall within 20 yards. Dumb penalties and fumbles KILLED THEM! First touchdown of the game was by a Bearden DT who scooped up a fumble and ran the whole 5 yards to the endzone. The Defense could keep this team in games, but if the offense is giving them only 20 yards to defend every time-especially after being on the field just a minute or two earlier- then this could be a long year.

Tough injuries throughout the game. People taking cheap shots at each other late. Just stupid. Way to get a kid hurt Bearden-dont worry about blind-siding a kid not in the play. And an unfortunate injury for Bearden early with their TE/DE with a bad leg injury. Hope he's okay.

Just some thoughts from the game. Bearden won obviously, no griping about the W/L, just some things from the game I thought you all would like knowing. Just my opinions and I'm still a little fired up. :motorbike:

First of all, I hope Thomas Cook is OK. That had to be the worst hit I've seen in high school ball in a long time, if not ever. It was legal, but a CHEAP SHOT, ala Warren Sapp!!! I'm sure what goes around will come around.

The dog's D line looked like a jail break most of the night, with our QB running for his life. D did a pretty good job of holding Young. He seemed pretty PO'd most of the game. Glad to see our O start a passing game this season. Our running backs can slice and dice but they aren't going to be able to break through on the dive like Brooks did all last year. They just don't have the strength or weight for it. I really hope the Patriots can turn things a round this week!

Devrin seemed to really be upset. He'd get two yards or loss of 4 or no gain or a few inches and he was losing it! He was throwing his little tantrums and pushing around the jeff co guys. I'm sure there was talking on both sides, but the Patriots really did do a good job of containing him. He only had 1 big run and 1 big catch. Other than that a pretty mediocre night in my opinion. Well, for him at least.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/aug/29/youngs-runs-plenty-for-bearden-24-3/

according to the article Mr. Young had 107 yards.

Well Jefferson County faithful, it looks like we found out our defense can hold a pre-season top 5 school to under 17 offensive points. D did a great job in containing what was to be a blowout/break out performance by Bearden. Secondary did a good job in run support. D-line rotation happened in the late 4th quarter, but better late than never. Brad, Erik, Thomas and crew lead the way by having some BIG hits. Even when Mr. Young was in space, he had little room to run.

I am NOT impressed with Mr. Young. His coach may say he is a tough runner but he is not. How the statistician found 100 yards of rushing for him is beyond me. He had the long run of 54 yards and two runs of 11 or so yards, but he had MANY more plays blown up in the backfield and the memorable play where Brad Mason folded him up like an accordion for a 4 yards loss. What a HIT. I do NOT think he has D1 running back skills or attitude. You can tell by his reactions that he hates being hit and could be injury prone. Slow to get up several times. At the D1 level, you will be hit, often and hard. The Bearden coaching staff having Mr. Young on the field with the game in hand (24-3 and 8 min left) is just DUMB and if he would have had a season ending injury, WELL YOU FIGURE IT OUT….

Offensively we opened up the passing play book. That is a good thing too considering our run blocking has not improved to the point we can gas it up the middle. They made some changes in the O-line but that is not going to get the running game fixed. There is one weak link in that chain. QB play was good and is continuing to improve. Goins vision down field is good, he just needs to pause to square your shoulders for the back across the filed throw when on the run. You are going to get hit anyway, mite as well put the ball on the money.

This week we face Sevier County on the road.

Coaches: Stay positive!! Players: Stay together!!! You have a great deal of talent. Use it, be leaders and you will win!!

Go Patriots!!!!!

Not sure if thats a good move for the patriots . Buster's been there for almost 30yrs though the good and bad times. 2007 season we went 7-3. A drastic improvement over previous years. Would have done just as good or better this year had the injury bug not bit so hard. Still had several players get offers and commit on signing day according to the other posts on here. Any one know what school in GA?

Best of luck to Buster and his family as he hopefully moves on to better things. You will be greatly missed.

Buster Brimer! That's someone I haven't heard of in a long time. Played against him in high school (he went to Maury), although he was a couple of years behind me. What's his brother, Sandy, doing now? And speaking of former Maury players, what's Danny Huskey doing now? I knew him and his wife, Sandi.