Clinton, AC, OR, Powell

thekidd0086

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard powell got beat in a game to oliver spring... is this true? and where did clinton play farragut in 7 on 7? thats surprising they beat them that bad

I'm assuming Farragut's outstanding starting quarterback, Reese Browning, did not play. Last I heard, he was still in a protective boot while recovering from a broken tibia suffered in the spring. The News-Sentinel reported that he won't be rid of the boot for another 4-6 weeks.

Well should we believe that Webb beat Powell in the championship game or did Powell finally find a way to beat the Spartens?

Webb beat Powell 32-6 in the championship game. Webb really surprises me each year at the passing league. They very rarely ever throw the ball in their offense but somehow always play really well in the passing league. I think they have won the last 3 of 4.

Their QB looked really good. Not a super strong arm but very accurate. Defense was really good as they didn't give up many points. Their LBs were aggressive and good in space. Their CBs are good, one starter was a freshman and their two senior safeties are really good. They are both over 6' tall and can really run.

This is all well and good but I've heard Webb graduated every starting lineman so it could be tough for them unless they have some young guys step up.

Right on the money, sir. All of this pass stuff is good and fine, but it's a bit different when the pads are popping and the big uglies are up there in front.

How is your son in Clarksville doing, by the way?

Doing well! Moving him to strong safety this year. Should be a good move. It has been a great choice of schools, really enjoyed the experience. Thanks for asking!