Blount County Jamboree

GovMan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to the comment of sevier county teams getting tired of losing to blount county teams, it is a jamboree, wow; plus did sevier county not beat william blount last year and 5 of the last 6 times

no offense to any wb guys but my old pee wee team could have beaten them last year. what happened when sevier co played Alcoa in a recent jamboree??? The F5 jv put up a couple td's on them. maybe the Sevier Co. teams can make a real playoff run this year...then again, maybe not.

to the comment of sevier county teams getting tired of losing to blount county teams, it is a jamboree, wow; plus did sevier county not beat william blount last year and 5 of the last 6 times

Yes to Sevier County beating WB last year; no to 5 of the last 6 ... SC is up 3-2 over the most recent 5 games they've played; and for what it's worth, wasn't a WB supporter that made the comment about Sevier County teams getting tired of losing to Blount County teams...

William Blount and Sevier County has turned into a nice rivalry over the past few years ... we enjoy competing against the Smoky Bears.

i will start off like ahs2010 did and say no offense but ahs2010 has made 18 post we can divide that by 3 and then we are getting close to his iq. you really have no clue it seems when it comes to football (your old pee wee team comment) or the wb playing alcoa situtation. so please just move on to talking about getting stomp again by mhs or winning number six in a row,something that people really care about

i will start off like ahs2010 did and say no offense but ahs2010 has made 18 post we can divide that by 3 and then we are getting close to his iq. you really have no clue it seems when it comes to football (your old pee wee team comment) or the wb playing alcoa situtation. so please just move on to talking about getting stomp again by mhs or winning number six in a row,something that people really care about

i was simply saying that wb had a bad year last season so the sevier co. people shouldnt be that happy about beating the govs. most of my posts about the jamboree was just saying that it will be nice to see 2 old rivals on the same field again, at least for a quarter. i dont have anything against wb other than the fact that they droped Alcoa forcing them to travel to middle tennessee and out of state for regular season games. but if you insist, the Alcoa- Maryville game this year should be a good one... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Folks, do you guys know if the Jamboree in Blount County is set in stone or can other teams join in? Was talkng to Coach Satterfield at Sequoyah and he mentioned something about heading up that way for their jamboree. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if the Chiefs had options here?

Touchy..............Alcoa owes a lot to WB. Thanks for the players!..................We'll make sure the gold rings fits their fingers. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Folks, do you guys know if the Jamboree in Blount County is set in stone or can other teams join in? Was talkng to Coach Satterfield at Sequoyah and he mentioned something about heading up that way for their jamboree. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if the Chiefs had options here?

Just call the AD @ the host school. I think it is @ MHS, so call G.Q.

Touchy..............Alcoa owes a lot to WB. Thanks for the players!..................We'll make sure the gold rings fits their fingers. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ouch. I love WB but that is funny. Yes AHS does owe us a lot, but maybe that door will be closed if Coach G sticks around and goes after our feeders and keeps the good coaches that want to be part of WB.

Ouch. I love WB but that is funny. Yes AHS does owe us a lot, but maybe that door will be closed if Coach G sticks around and goes after our feeders and keeps the good coaches that want to be part of WB.

Just curious..........can someone list the players at AHS that are in the William Blount and separately, the Heritage zone, or could be playing football at those schools. I am aware that Tyler Robinson should be at William Blount but who are the others? In addition Alcoa has had several in the past that lived in Knoxville and went to school and played for Alcoa. Anybody know the current and past?

Thanks

Just curious..........can someone list the players at AHS that are in the William Blount and separately, the Heritage zone, or could be playing football at those schools. I am aware that Tyler Robinson should be at William Blount but who are the others? In addition Alcoa has had several in the past that lived in Knoxville and went to school and played for Alcoa. Anybody know the current and past?

Thanks

ML,

Most recently ... Dalton Wheeler (upcoming junior) and Brooks Cunningham (rising sophomore) and I believe one more member of last year's WB freshman team (can't recall name) have transferred to Alcoa. All three are top-notch players and we hated to lose them. Also, Dalton Ownby (sp?) , who attended Union Grove Middle transferred over to Alcoa during the last semester of his eight grade year ... we were really excited about him playing basketball for us, cause he's a great prospect ... but I believe football is his #1 sport. All of them I believe will help the Tornadoes ... great athletes and great kids.

Can't help you with the Heritage side. I know in basketball , they've picked up some good players in the past few years from South Doyle.

Thanks

here we go with the "Alcoa recruits" stuff. my argument is simple, if you are a top notch player, do you want to play for a 1st round playoff team or play for a state championship? you cant blame the kids for wanting the chance to win. Alcoa also sends more players to D1 schools. maryville has the same situation, players go there because they believe that they have a better chance to get a ring. not to mention Alcoa is rated higher than wb in academics as well as football.