Farragut vs Dobyns Bennett

BatmanDB

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not looking good.... Fourth quarter score 26-8 in favor of Farragut. They look good in their West Coast formation. We look lathargic and not very focused tonight. This is a change fro mthe past opening games so hopefully, if these guys can get some intensity, the playoffs might turn out differently this year...... :motorbike:

I am a DB for life. This year will be tough for DB. Our usually awesome kicking game is young and is not a weapon as usual, though a 10th grader will only get better and that is alot of pressure on a younger kid. We got beat on the line tonight, Farragut was bigger and created problems for Sensabaugh and Roop. There are some bright spots and we made some things happen. Farragut is a top 5 team in the state at 6A. DB is returns maybe 7 starters from last year, we are lacking experience. There is only room to grow.

Farragut looked decent but not overly good in this game IMO. I think they should have won by a much larger margin. No offense to D-B, but they are very young and just don't have their usual tough team. Farragut has a lot they need to work on. First of all, Farragut looks pretty vulnerable in pass defense. Run defense was decent but gave up too much in the 2nd half. Offensively, Farragut looked OK for an opening game, but too many penalties and did not do much with the pass, even when Reese Browning was in the game. I'm a little concerned that Reese may not be really ready to go early this year. Run game was pretty good, but we will see some bigger and tougher defenses with this schedule. Overall, there is much room for improvement.

Granted DB is way down from usual, I disagree with you about Farragut. Maybe the Ads are younger then normal, but the talent is stacked. Farragut has size on the line, a good QB, some fast skill players, and a very large and powerful skill player or two. I will say Farragut is a top 5 6A team and if they stay together next year (unsure of how many seniors) it will be a great thing.

Hey bud,

Who is the QB for D-B ? I was pretty impressed with him. He looked like a really good ball player and has a good arm. If I were the D-B coaches I would try to throw the ball a whole lot more, to keep people from focusing on Sensabaugh. Sensabaugh needs more of a passing game to loosen up the defense. I would especially throw more with that QB. When you guys moved the ball on us, was when you were mixing in a lot of throws. I think D-B will be alright. I like you guys to finish with a winning season at least and the future looks good next year for sure. Good luck the rest of the way to all the D-B faithful.

Just got home from the game...

a few comments...

First, a few offensive series killed DB in this game. We had the ball twice in the first half at the Farragut 10, and came away with no points. We recover a Farragut fumble only to snap the ball over Roop's head on the next play, and we end up on our own 1 yard line. Then, we run pitch play at the one yard line and Farragut gets get Chris in the endzone for a safety.

I am not saying we beat Farragut. As previously stated the Admirals have some size and skill. But we simply can't beat good/great teams without getter more production from the offensive side of the ball. A recurring them with DB in recent years.

Defense is just flat too undersized to beat a team like Farragut. DB's defensive line looks like linebackers, and the linebackers look like defensive backs.

Roll Tribe. Let's get better!

1st off about the game... Farragut is a good team, could be real good. DB was down 9-0 at half and blew 2 good scoring opportunities, they should have been on the board, but just couldn't get the points.

Farragut opened the 2nd half on a mission and they played good. Other than the penelties. DB had a long drive to end the 3rd qtr and did finally score a TD on the 1st play of the 4th qtr... a bad snap resulted in Derrick Steele running in a 2 pt conversion. Then Farragut put the game away with another scoring drive. The total offense was something like 400-125 yds... not close and the score could have been even more but the Admirals killed the clock on the DB 1 as time expired.

Ouch, not a good start for the Indians. Improvement quickly is needed as a good Clinton Dragons Team comes to Kingsport next week.

Roll Tribe Roll

I'm normally optimistic at this stage of a season, but right now I just don't have a warm, fuzzy feeling about this team. Being outgained by more than 3 to 1 should be unaccepatable to the coaching staff, regardless of their youth. It pains me to say this but seeing how well South and Science Hill played, it is a very real possiblility that DB doesn't even make the playoffs this year. Remember with this new classification, if they lose to SH, they could miss the playoffs for the first time in many years. We better hope that GC makes a quantum leap with this team before next week or we will be looking at 0-2.