Ensworth vs. MBA

TrackRunner4291

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what people have been saying about Ensworth having more pure athletes, and with the lack of depth that has some concerned. I think that MBA may be able to wear down Ensworth running up the middle time and again, taking small gain after small gain and I dont know whether Ensworth will be able to sub people in and out enough for them to manage the fatigue factor, but then again I may be wrong. Im gonna have to go with MBA this time, but in an extremely close one.

Final (OT)

MBA:40

EHS: 32

I agree with what people have been saying about Ensworth having more pure athletes, and with the lack of depth that has some concerned. I think that MBA may be able to wear down Ensworth running up the middle time and again, taking small gain after small gain and I dont know whether Ensworth will be able to sub people in and out enough for them to manage the fatigue factor, but then again I may be wrong. Im gonna have to go with MBA this time, but in an extremely close one.

Final (OT)

MBA will not run it up the middle on Antonio Richardson, there is going to be no wearing them down by running it up the middle. I bet you MBA runs it up the middle 3 times all game. I mean he is a 6'5 300 animal.

Lets be real here. they will have to beat them on the corners and EHS has to many athletes that MBA must resort to passing causing running will be a lost cause. But passing they have a big advantage on EHS

When the teams walk onto the field Friday night there will be no friends or summer league teammates.

The team that feels a friendly attachment to opponent will be defeated.

There are no friends in a WAR!!!

This is not a war, or combat of any sort. This is a game being played by children (albeit very big ones). It is an enjoyable activity for the participants, and a fun diversion for the spectators. Injuries are rare, and deaths almost unheard of. Most men who've played football have joyous memories of the experience.

Wars leave dead and maimed. Those with no physical injuries bear emotional scars that never fade. As this game, and thousands of others like it, are being played throughout the country, young men not much older than these players are fighting in both Afghanistan and Iraq. You do a real disservice to equate a game of any sort at any level with what our soldiers and Marines do.

In a less enlightened time, we would have at least remembered them in a prayer before the game. Progress and improvement are not always synonymous.

oh shut up you liberal nerd - this game is a battle, a war and a pure rivalry

Not sure if I'm a nerd or not, but my resume includes the Marines, a SWAT team, and two little decorations for valor while people were shooting at one another. These are not typical attributes of the average liberal, nor is the fond rememberance of a public prayer before a sporting event.

And it's just a football game.

Final (OT)

MBA will not run it up the middle on Antonio Richardson, there is going to be no wearing them down by running it up the middle. I bet you MBA runs it up the middle 3 times all game. I mean he is a 6'5 300 animal.

Lets be real here. they will have to beat them on the corners and EHS has to many athletes that MBA must resort to passing causing running will be a lost cause. But passing they have a big advantage on EHS

from what Ive heard and seen, Richardson (while he may look like he wrestles bears for fun) is not very good from a technical stanpoint, and really what he is good at is just pure physical grace, and I think that MBA will be able to run it at him, and pick up small chunks, 2yds here, 4 there, and with him going both ways, and lineman of any team not known for their endurance, he will get tired, and either backups will have to go in, or he will become sloppy

Final (OT)

from what Ive heard and seen, Richardson (while he may look like he wrestles bears for fun) is not very good from a technical stanpoint, and really what he is good at is just pure physical grace, and I think that MBA will be able to run it at him, and pick up small chunks, 2yds here, 4 there, and with him going both ways, and lineman of any team not known for their endurance, he will get tired, and either backups will have to go in, or he will become sloppy

I'd like to think you're right, but I hate to count on someone else breaking donw or making a mistake. And I find it hard to imagine Ricky Bowers fielding a poorly conditioned team.

Having Anderson slow down over a four quarter game going both ways is in no way a way of saying Bowers did not get his boys in shape. Ensworth will probably be one the very best, if not the best, conditioned team MBA will play all year. Its just a fact that over four quarters in the trenches, even the best conditioned players will slow down. But Anderson, going both ways, will where down faster. However, expect Bowers to give him plenty of breaks to prevent that from happening and ensuring his stud lineman is ready to play strong in the fourth. Hopefully MBA's o-line can light a fire and start finishing plays with EHS guys on their backs. This should be a great game, and good luck to both sides. Should be a great atmosphere for the game too. Both student sections should be loud for this one.