Franklin Rebels (3-0) vs Ooltewah Owls (3-0)

huskergymnast33

Longhorns, your incompetence is unbearable. The only "emergency" that you had is when you had to clean your Texas Longhorn shorts after I announced that we knew who you were. And don't take the "research" as a complement. It was more of the slipups in your comments that got us to look into your identity a little deeper to make sure we were right. So, we know you were there. Please don't keep forcing the hand.

Never the less, although most of our conversations have been offense based, I would like to address the most foolish comment made on these posts yet. VOID70, it is obvious that you know nothing of these Franklin Rebels. Outside of the "vaunted 3", the defense is this teams strong point. If I had to guess, Centennial had less than 100 yards in total offense last week in Franklin's shutout. Although I'm sure that Ooltewah's offense is a little more potent, I would never say that someone was going to win by 3 td's on this team. As stated before, just hope that the Ooltewah WRs aren't over 6'0". If Franklin sticks to the run game, like they did against CHS, and the defense shows up in the same way, Rebels win this one by a close margin. It will come down to how the Franklin offensive coaches play call against the owls, which is what makes me nervous.

FHS 23 - OHS 17

Until then young friends, I am off on the road this week for work, so I doubt I will stay tuned for the conversations. Good luck to the Rebels and Owls, bring back a W for Wilco.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in order for us to get a passing game, the Qb has to have a chance to throw the ball. I thought he looked good throwing on Friday against Soddy Daisy but then for some reason we did not throw the ball AT ALL in the second half. I liked the way we changed the offense up in the first half but again we went back to the same old run right run left offense in the second half. Coach Monroe is going to have to start letting Brady throw the ball in the game and not just practice. It is easy to stand and throw the ball in practice when no one is putting pressure on you but it is totally different in the game. Offense will come around (throwing game) if he gets the chance to show everyone what he can do. I will say Owl by 2 tds.

Longhorns, your incompetence is unbearable. The only "emergency" that you had is when you had to clean your Texas Longhorn shorts after I announced that we knew who you were. And don't take the "research" as a complement. It was more of the slipups in your comments that got us to look into your identity a little deeper to make sure we were right. So, we know you were there. Please don't keep forcing the hand.

Never the less, although most of our conversations have been offense based, I would like to address the most foolish comment made on these posts yet. VOID70, it is obvious that you know nothing of these Franklin Rebels. Outside of the "vaunted 3", the defense is this teams strong point. If I had to guess, Centennial had less than 100 yards in total offense last week in Franklin's shutout. Although I'm sure that Ooltewah's offense is a little more potent, I would never say that someone was going to win by 3 td's on this team. As stated before, just hope that the Ooltewah WRs aren't over 6'0". If Franklin sticks to the run game, like they did against CHS, and the defense shows up in the same way, Rebels win this one by a close margin. It will come down to how the Franklin offensive coaches play call against the owls, which is what makes me nervous.

FHS 23 - OHS 17

Until then young friends, I am off on the road this week for work, so I doubt I will stay tuned for the conversations. Good luck to the Rebels and Owls, bring back a W for Wilco.

HAHAHA... MY incompetence. This just proves my point you guys have no idea what you are talking about. Your right though... I have Texas shorts, hat, shirt, mug, key ring, and license plate. Keep on guessing. The only mess I had to clean up was the crap you guys left on these boards.

I picked a seven point margin in favor of the Owls last week. This week it will be a big step up in competition for Ooltewah. Fortunately, this game is played at home. However, if Austin East could kick field goals, I'm afraid the Owls would be 2-1 even though that game was played at the nest.

I am sick of talking about the passing game or lack thereof. For whatever reason, the Owl coaches are content with conservative play calling and defense. I would advise them to continue to emphasize extra work in the kicking game.

Our record against middle Tennessee teams of late has not been very good. In my opinion, the best football in the state is played in the Rutherford,Davidson, and Williamson counties.

Unless we show improvement in the passing game and kicking game, Ooltewah will lose this game going away. I'm betting they do, and I give the Owls the nod in this one because of Franklin's young quarterback. Ooltewah 13 Franklin 10

Well I guess I'm looking forward to the trip to Ooltewah. I still wish we were playing someone closer, but you have all heard my complaints on that. I really worry for our Rebels here. Will be a tough game in a tough environment. I still say we come out on top as the team looked alot better this week than the previous ones. Franklin 21 Ooltewah 20. Should be a great game.

I m tired of hearing about the time the QB needs to pass,get the play off or go to the bathroom...........gettin old people. Had all the time in the world last year and the year before that!!! Now, i will agree on passing in practice with no pressure is crazy and let him air it out and see what happens. Why not let him throw in a game if he throws in practice???? The left and right little league running is getting old as well. Lets make a complete package out of the Owls and ride it deep in the playoffs!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Well I guess I'm looking forward to the trip to Ooltewah. I still wish we were playing someone closer, but you have all heard my complaints on that. I really worry for our Rebels here. Will be a tough game in a tough environment. I still say we come out on top as the team looked alot better this week than the previous ones. Franklin 21 Ooltewah 20. Should be a great game.

So what? This is football! The road trips/tailgating are almost as good as having a home game. I wish like hades that this game wasnt on a friday so I could make the trip down there, but best wishes to the Rebels, I hope they one-up Oakland on the margin on victory from last year :thumb:

So what? This is football! The road trips/tailgating are almost as good as having a home game. I wish like hades that this game wasnt on a friday so I could make the trip down there, but best wishes to the Rebels, I hope they one-up Oakland on the margin on victory from last year :thumb:

OakPat, I will never say never, but I don't think it will happen, of course I didn't think Oakland would beat us like a yard dog in last years game. This years Owl D is the best tackling D I have seen in sometime. Whoever is teaching tackling has got them to quit arm tackling and to really lock up. They also swarm to the ball and as I like to say have many team picture tackles. I think we are all in agreement whichever team wins the Special Teams battle and can generate a little Offense will be the winner. I am just glad to see the Owls playing a mid-TN team during the season so that we will be ready for them come play-off time.

Go Owls