Daniel Boone vs Dobyns-Bennett

BatmanDB

Intimidated, skeered?? Of what? An old stadium with crappy visitor seating that doubles as an arena for has-been bands at Fun Fest?

I dont think so. These kids have played at packed houses on turf in big games before. The South game was no fluke. This team is good. If they play with the same heart and soul they will give DB a very tough game. They definately aint skeered. These same boys played DB their freshman year and lost by 6 points, only game they lost all year. They know they have some unfinished business and are not going to be intimidated at all. Boone 24 -- Indians 21.

Boone Pride!

Much different when the band starts playing and the tribe walk begins. Those Boone players will be shaking in their jocks. As long as GC doesn't make the same mistake South made and try to run it up the gut, the tribe will be fine. I heard somebody say that CS is hurt. If he plays, just get him to the outside and you won't have a problem. The tribe will roll.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intimidated, skeered?? Of what? An old stadium with crappy visitor seating that doubles as an arena for has-been bands at Fun Fest?

I dont think so. These kids have played at packed houses on turf in big games before. The South game was no fluke. This team is good. If they play with the same heart and soul they will give DB a very tough game. They definately aint skeered. These same boys played DB their freshman year and lost by 6 points, only game they lost all year. They know they have some unfinished business and are not going to be intimidated at all. Boone 24 -- Indians 21.

Boone Pride!

There is one thing they will be worried about,and that's their fans sitting in those weak little stands.They may be so concerned that they will try not to score and get their fans to excited.Really,your guys are probably thinking they can beat up on a 1-3 team and look forward to the trip.I think our guys just want to beat up on anybody right now,and it should make for a good one.Roll Tribe in a DB vs DB friday night clash

I'd say coach would appreciate more than anything if he knew a lot of coachT posters "real names".That way when a lot of you go up and try to be social "who's who",he can wipe his back side first and than offer you a hand

Ya know I was going to kind of let it die down and quit trying to figure out what you post . But since you have included me on this one..

please tell me what I need to be apologizing for. I have not singled out any player nor have I said anything the coaches haven't already echoed. So please explain what you meant in stating "wipe off his back side first than offer you a hand"?

I really don't mind if people agree or disagree with what I post. It is just my opinions. Just a couple lines ago rebelyell disargees then agrees with me. Ok so what. But not once have I insulted a coach, a player or anybody who doesn't look at this crap through rose colored glasses such as yourself. I am not mad at you or anybody else here. Heck it aint about me or you it is about DB football and when you realize there is some work to be done there you might just get the big picture.

You are so quick to be a marvel comics character to defend the truth and justice of the DB football coaches and players that you have no idea what you are even saying....please keep reading.

Good post PD. If you haven't figured it out by now,Batman is not going to

say anything negative about anything.Sugar-coating is not going to solve the problems

that DB is having now.His boy wins the awards every week ,so he is satisfied with the

status quo.Must be another neighbor.Db will pull it together .I don't think it will be this

week though.Have a nice day.

I've been looking for you to crawl out and say something along those lines.Your wrong for one,and for #2,my son looks at the awards the way I do.There nice,but if we are not getting the wins,the stickers just go in a bag. That's why you will not see any extras on his helmet.By the way,if big Mat stops up the middle every game the way he did friday,I'll pay for his steak :thumb:Great job Mat

Do you really read what has been posted or read what you write?

You just proved his point. Where is he wrong? You just called the awards nice. No matter what you do with them you still think they are nice. Nice don't feed the bull dogs Timmy. Come on. No win no awards, if you are not going to use them as you say then don't take them.

To be honest with you I am not even sure who Mat is, and I thought the defense did a pretty good job for most of the game last week. But please tell me I am wrong about how the last touchdown was scored. Wasn't it a 20 plus yarder straight up the gut to seal the deal? But hey nice comments and maybe he gets his steak this week.

I do apologize to all. I ....am...out of here for now.

Well PD,I don't remember including your name in that.If you have not called out any players or those things you wrote,than I don't see your point.I read his post and yes he was wrong,my son didnt' get the ''award'',Mat the big nose guard got it and played a great game.I do think it's nice for the guys to get a pat on the back,nomatter who's kid it is,but would trade every pat for a win.I too am going to get out before my buds write up some real nice stuff,I'm just glad they are sports fans and have not wrote the CEO under my name

Wrong PD,I hate to lose and don't have a kind heart when I get beat.That's what makes a good fighter keep coming when he should go down.This team wants to win and they never gave up last friday as a few thought,they just got outscored.I'll turn the other cheek for myself,but will go to the limits for these kids and their team.Don't mistake my style of writing as a weak little man, that's scared of his shadow ,sitting behind a desk.That's why I don't care that everyone knows who I am and what I think,good or bad.I just choose to find the good in these kids instead of all their mistakes

There is nothing wrong with seeing the glass as half full rather than half empty. When you insist that your perspective of the glass is the only valid one, however (or at least the only one that should be voiced), then there's a problem IMO. And even more so when your perspective of things is at odds with most others who saw the same thing. I think most any objective observer would say the team quit toward the end of the last game, based on the players' body language and their performance. Some of them may have thought they were still giving 100% effort, but it sure didn't look like it, and the meltdown on the field that swung a close game to their opponent had to effect their emotions at least as much as it did the fans' emotions. The whole place was dead. The fans had the option to walk out, and many did. The players had to stay out there, but appeared to be there in body only. I've seen the same thing happen before at all levels of sports (including pros), so it's not like it's unprecedented. Denying the obvious isn't "finding the good," it's wishful thinking.

Tribal, you've said some things that got under my skin before. You've said some things that were jabs. And you've said some things that were spot on. This is a good post. One of the few on this thread. It takes an Optimist to walk on at a D1 school after getting a D2 scholly and play scout for 3 years and then scholarship and become a starter. It takes a realist to be a sacrifice so that others can witness the price thereof and be motivated to pick up there cross and be counted. It takes a pecimist to say it's never going to go anywhere anyway so what's the use. It takes all 3 to create a champion. It seems the problem with this DB squad might be that it has no leadership. If it has leadership then it is not very effective.

Daniel Boone...why would you want to be referred to as DB? I mean TO is the one and only. TT is the one and only. The Spin Dr. is the one and only. (I had to throw that one in there.) So why would you want to take someone elses title? You are Boone...and that's all you will ever be...to the rest of us. If you want to be famous then make Daniel Boone famous.

If Daniel Boone had posessed 3 or 4 more skilled athletes in order to eliminate their 9 starters going both ways then they would have beaten South. They were right at the edge. But please, you did not play the real South. The St. is an awsome QB but he is (was) still devastated by the departure of Jake and all that surrounded it.

Gate City played a glimpse of the real South. Gate City would have pushed Boone to the limit. Heath Haden is the real deal. We have known that for 2 years...you will come to know that. His Frosh year he was labeled the "Next Curt Phillips". Is he better than the St.? No! Just different. They will break out this week and by October 2nd the St. will be piloting a Bullett train on steel rails. There is another team on steel rails and we have an appointment with them.

You people need to listen to Jack because he speaks volumes of what is wrong and how to fix it. You need Batman because he just won't give up. (just needs to reduce the sugar and add salt) And you need the naysayers because someone needs to get pieced off!

All in all HS football is supposed to be the time of their lives. The memories they will never relive. It has to be fun you know. I hope you have a good game against a Boone team that will give you plenty of competition.

Wrong PD,I hate to lose and don't have a kind heart when I get beat.That's what makes a good fighter keep coming when he should go down.This team wants to win and they never gave up last friday as a few thought,they just got outscored.I'll turn the other cheek for myself,but will go to the limits for these kids and their team.Don't mistake my style of writing as a weak little man, that's scared of his shadow ,sitting behind a desk.That's why I don't care that everyone knows who I am and what I think,good or bad.I just choose to find the good in these kids instead of all their mistakes

There is nothing wrong with seeing the glass as half full rather than half empty. When you insist that your perspective of the glass is the only valid one, however (or at least the only one that should be voiced), then there's a problem IMO. And even more so when your perspective of things is at odds with most others who saw the same thing. I think most any objective observer would say the team quit toward the end of the last game, based on the players' body language and their performance. Some of them may have thought they were still giving 100% effort, but it sure didn't look like it, and the meltdown on the field that swung a close game to their opponent had to effect their emotions at least as much as it did the fans' emotions. The whole place was dead. The fans had the option to walk out, and many did. The players had to stay out there, but appeared to be there in body only. I've seen the same thing happen before at all levels of sports (including pros), so it's not like it's unprecedented. Denying the obvious isn't "finding the good," it's wishful thinking.

Tribal, you've said some things that got under my skin before. You've said some things that were jabs. And you've said some things that were spot on. This is a good post. One of the few on this thread. It takes an Optimist to walk on at a D1 school after getting a D2 scholly and play scout for 3 years and then scholarship and become a starter. It takes a realist to be a sacrifice so that others can witness the price thereof and be motivated to pick up there cross and be counted. It takes a pecimist to say it's never going to go anywhere anyway so what's the use. It takes all 3 to create a champion. It seems the problem with this DB squad might be that it has no leadership. If it has leadership then it is not very effective.

Daniel Boone...why would you want to be referred to as DB? I mean TO is the one and only. TT is the one and only. The Spin Dr. is the one and only. (I had to throw that one in there.) So why would you want to take someone elses title? You are Boone...and that's all you will ever be...to the rest of us. If you want to be famous then make Daniel Boone famous.

If Daniel Boone had posessed 3 or 4 more skilled athletes in order to eliminate their 9 starters going both ways then they would have beaten South. They were right at the edge. But please, you did not play the real South. The St. is an awsome QB but he is (was) still devastated by the departure of Jake and all that surrounded it.

Gate City played a glimpse of the real South. Gate City would have pushed Boone to the limit. Heath Haden is the real deal. We have known that for 2 years...you will come to know that. His Frosh year he was labeled the "Next Curt Phillips". Is he better than the St.? No! Just different. They will break out this week and by October 2nd the St. will be piloting a Bullett train on steel rails. There is another team on steel rails and we have an appointment with them.

You people need to listen to Jack because he speaks volumes of what is wrong and how to fix it. You need Batman because he just won't give up. (just needs to reduce the sugar and add salt) And you need the naysayers because someone needs to get pieced off!

All in all HS football is supposed to be the time of their lives. The memories they will never relive. It has to be fun you know. I hope you have a good game against a Boone team that will give you plenty of competition.

Comp that was just beautiful.

Campbell county 2008,that's what we will have to do this week and everyone after.With a bunch of hurt lineman,I don't see us powering over a strong Daniel Boone team.I said the key to this season would ride on the arm of Roop and I'm sticking to it big time this week.We have been so close on a lot of plays and this week it has to all fit.We have the tools to move on anybody,and I look for 4 complete quarters this week.We have to throw it and then watch Chris roll out the big yards.This game is just as important as any other than SH,and it's time to play for a championship.Our defense has to bring it and we have to gang tackle like we have for the last couple of weeks.From what I'm hearing,the guys are fired up and ready to show case some Dobyns-Bennett football.I don't think I've given a score for one of our games this year.Dobyns-Bennett 35 Boone 14,it's time to play like champions boys,now go get them!!

Comp, let me first say I have seen a lot of posts by you and I have a measure of respect for you bud. That aside...

I worked in Kingsport for 9 years. I was a Boone boy and whenever I told them where I was from, all I heard was "Oh, the other DB" or from South "Oh, you all are terrible" . That always rubbed me the wrong way because it seemed like I never saw humility from the people I talked to. Whenever the Boone coaches (from WAY back in the day) talk about other teams, it was always with respect, it was always with a degree of caution, because they've seen it all. So I guess it always rubbed me the wrong way in how South and DB always referred to Boone. I have respect for DB and South because you guys have great programs, why should anyone ever over look you two?

My team stomped South into the ground by 50 points and never played DB. I personally have no fear of South or DB. On the other hand, the kids lately, we have South blowing out Boone the past 3 years, and the last time it was close was during that playoff game with Sky Hicks running the ball. One play better, South wins. This year, one play better, South wins. Respect it, we lost you won, congrats.

Yet somewhere along the way, it seems like the "Boone will always lose" rule has been ingrained into the minds of the Kingsport crowd. History states that this is true, with random wins here and there. Coach Greene marched down to DB a year Boone was supposed to be stomped and did a shut out against DB. I'm pretty sure that it was unexpected and Boone was overlooked, and what did they do.

The group of kids who are now Seniors didn't have a great Freshmen year, but they are the ones who decided to stick with it and you have those kids shinning. The Juniors are full of 3 sport kids who can do it all. The sophmore class has kids stepping up and getting to play. The group up there right now is used to winning. They hate to lose, they are competitive.

Do you honestly think they are going to say "Oh, DB is down, we got this easy" ?

It seems that some of the posts of DB are counting on Boone to say that or they are counting on intimidating Boone. The tribe walk is how you are going to win the game? And when this doesn't work will you actually play football? Tell me, as intimidating as it is to Boone to just walk into a turf field (they've all done that) and go to a place only 10 minutes from home (hmm...seems like Kingsport isn't that far away guys) why should they be intimidated. You are talking like these kids never leave Gray.

Tell me... what will you all do when you wake up on Saturday morning and the paper says "Boone beats DB" .... now how scary is that?

The Honkey Tonk Man sez its getting deep in here...

RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!

And the same backfield, David, you and Sensabaugh, Seabolt, and Steele. Now-w the success of any team men is based on team-play -- the same as you've shown all year --: Sacrifice; unselfish sacrifice! These are the fellows they say are pretty good; but I think we're better! And I think if we get ourselves keyed up to a point, and when we're confident of that ... why-y-y the results will take care of themselves.

All right, now. On the kickoff -- if we receive, the zone men will drop back to the receiver and block long -- that old DB style. If we kickoff -- which the rest of the teams want -- let's run down fast -- just as fast as you can run. And then we go on defense. And on defense -- I want the center in and out of that line -- according to the situation. Use your old head! And I want you guards charging through as far as you can go -- on every play. Expect the play right over you every time --.

And the tackles -- I want you to go in a yard and a half -- and then check yourselves. Spread your feet -- squat down low -- and be ready with your hands and elbows, so you won't be sideswiped. But I want the ends in there fast every play. Every play, but under control. And you men in the backfield there, I want you to analyze it before you move. If they throw a forward pass, a zone pass, wait ‘til you see the ball in the air -- and then go and get it! And when we get it, boys, that's when we go on offense. And that's when we go to ‘em -- and, don't forget, we're gonna pick on one last one tackle that is weak.

We're going inside of ‘em, we're going outside of ‘em -- inside of ‘em! outside of ‘em! -- and when we get them on the run once, we're going to keep ‘em on the run. And we're not going to pass unless their secondary comes up too close. But don't forget, men -- we're gonna get ‘em on the run, we're gonna go, go, go, go! -- and we aren't going to stop until we go over that goal line! And don't forget, men -- today is the day we're gonna win. They can't lick us -- and that's how it goes... The first platoon men -- go in there and fight, fight, fight, fight, fight! What do you say, men!

Shake rattle and Roll Tribe Roll!!!

Haw Haw Haw

To be honest FormerBlazer,we need this game more than you do.Your on a fast track to the playoffs and we just need to get on any track right now.You have a fine team and I think we do to.Most of these kids have not

even heard stories of the old days and it will come down to X's and O's,I just want us to have more of them than you do.Roll Tribe and you guys have a safe trip over this week

To be honest FormerBlazer,we need this game more than you do.Your on a fast track to the playoffs and we just need to get on any track right now.You have a fine team and I think we do to.Most of these kids have even heard stories of the old days and it will come down to X's and O's,I just want us to have more of them than you do.Roll Tribe and you guys have a safe trip over this week

We have no conference games won and you do. No one expects us to win...we have absolutely nothing to lose so...might as well go and show everyone what you have. With nothing to lose and a good team... it'll be a great game.