DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to both Blackman and Riverdale for their wins in the semi-finals. The finals is going to be a classic. My pick is Blackman by 7 points.

interesting prediction and i respect that BUT can you alaborate and tell us why you think you will win by 7

If the same 3 referees are there Monday that were there tonight, that's probably why. It was very obvious that the officiating favored Blackman in the LaVergne/Blackman game. It was just plain horrible!!! I am really tired of these "racist" referees that are in 7AAA, that think because LaVergne is more "athletic", they shouldn't give them the calls. Our girls work VERY hard & have earned every victory that they have & for the officials not to call a fair game when it matters is very unfair to our young ladies. All I have to say is this political stuff has got to go!!

Lady Wolverines, I'm very proud of you.... it's hard having to always play against 8 people every single night. I say keep your head up & be ready to bounce back when you face adversity like this. I'm proud of the way you fought back & played hard, you will always be champions in my book.

***Disclaimer***

And for anyone who feel a need to respond to this post...."whatever" these are my thoughts & my opinion. This is what I see night in & night out and I'm really tired of it.

Other editions: Mobile | News Feeds | E-Newsletters Find it: Jobs | Cars | Real Estate | Apartments | Shopping | Classifieds

Blackman High School @ La Vergne High School

Girls Varsity Basketball

Saturday, February 20, 2010 7:00PM

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Blackman High School (20 - 5 - 0) 15 18 5 20 58

La Vergne High School (24 - 3 - 0) 11 6 13 17 47

Game Summary

Kelsey Nowlin scored 14 points to lead Blackman (20-5) past LaVergne (24-3) in the District 7-AAA semifinals.

Game Statistics

Opponents A FGA FGM 3PA 3PM FTA FTM TO Blks R S PF TF

Blackman High School 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

La Vergne High School 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Blackman High School

Player Points FGs 3pts FTs

20 Shelby Campbell 13 0 1 0

32 Kortnay Cox 10 0 0 0

10 Chelsey Hall 6 0 1 0

0 NeTanya Jackson 2 0 0 0

34 Tiera Norris 4 0 0 0

33 Kelsey Nowlin 14 0 0 0

25 Katie Smith 8 0 0 0

14 Konnor Wheeler 1 0 0 0

La Vergne High School

23 Jasmine Brimm 4 0 0 0

33 Jasmine Dale 17 0 1 0

4 Kayla Hunt 4 0 0 0

3 LaQuinta Jefferson 13 0 1 0

34 Stepahnie Myers 8 0 0 0

13 Alex Swope 1 0 0 0

Home | News | Communities | Entertainment | Sports | Shopping | Moms

Siegel High School @ Riverdale High School

Girls Varsity Basketball

Saturday, February 20, 2010 4:00PM

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Siegel High School (18 - 8 - 0) 5 10 7 10 32

Riverdale High School (22 - 2 - 0) 23 19 11 13 66

Game Summary

Jaclissa Haislip scored 23 points to lead Riverdale (22-2) past Siegel (17-10) in the District 7-AAA semifinals.

Game Statistics

Opponents A FGA FGM 3PA 3PM FTA FTM TO Blks R S PF TF

Siegel High School 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Riverdale High School 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Siegel High School

22 Shanice Cason 7 0 1 0

34 Imani Chatman 6 0 0 0

33 Caralisa Connell 5 0 1 0

20 Sarah Donkin 2 0 0 0

5 Macari Harrison 2 0 0 0

32 Shikera Johnson 2 0 0 0

25 Kelsey Naish 2 0 0 0

21 Kelsea Stephens 4 0 0 0

Riverdale High School

24 Shacobia Barbee 18 0 0 0

11 Caitie Bryan 1 0 0 0

20 Jaclissa Haislip 23 0 3 0

23 Ashley Henry 5 0 1 0

34 Olivia Jones 7 0 0 0

25 Natalie Lanning 2 0 0 0

55 Nicole Petoskey 2 0 0 0

22 Tyisha Petty 8 0 0 0

Congratulations to both Blackman and Riverdale for their wins in the semi-finals. The finals is going to be a classic. My pick is Blackman by 7 points.

interesting prediction and i respect that BUT can you alaborate and tell us why you think you will win by 7

If the same 3 referees are there Monday that were there tonight, that's probably why. It was very obvious that the officiating favored Blackman in the LaVergne/Blackman game. It was just plain horrible!!! I am really tired of these "racist" referees that are in 7AAA, that think because LaVergne is more "athletic", they shouldn't give them the calls. Our girls work VERY hard & have earned every victory that they have & for the officials not to call a fair game when it matters is very unfair to our young ladies. All I have to say is this political stuff has got to go!!

Lady Wolverines, I'm very proud of you.... it's hard having to always play against 8 people every single night. I say keep your head up & be ready to bounce back when you face adversity like this. I'm proud of the way you fought back & played hard, you will always be champions in my book.

***Disclaimer***

And for anyone who feel a need to respond to this post...."whatever" these are my thoughts & my opinion. This is what I see night in & night out and I'm really tired of it.

Jazzy, I will respond only after you get a chance to think about "some" of the words you posted. I would expect some of your thoughts and agree with quite a few but the season is not over and you might be jumping the gun. 7AAA has never been described as you have. Everyone does complain about the officials when they lose. Everyone is adjusting to officials. It was described as being called closer Saturday than any other day. Lavergne lost it mostly in the second quarter when as it was described, " Blackman shot almost as high of a percentage as Riverdale did the first time they played". I also heard descriptions of how hard Lavergne played in trying to catch up the second half. Blackman shot lights out the second quarter and rebounding percentages were very high also. Its over when its over. and your comments have not been taken as it being over.

jazzypha24mom we hear and feel your pain with those referees last night. I was 3 rows behind coach Bush and knew this crew was on a mission when 2 min. into the game they T up a coach (no warning) for telling the ref. to watch the pushing going on. Really no screaming or F bomb just "watch the pushing". I guess it was a "make up call" but Riverdale had a player miss a lay up in the 4th period down by 30+ and looked down at the floor clearly up set with "her self" not once did she look at a referee and got a T for it. Who is to say what is going on with such behavior from the referees but YES it is obvious something needs to change! IMO I really don't see "racist" is to blame, I think after what happened last year between Riverdale and blackman the "political stuff" is more "appropriate". So, who is to blame? All I would say is welcome to "Dramaless District 7 AAA" !!!

Riverdaleman I will be more than happy to explain. Blackman will win by 7 because they will score more points. Ha! Ha!....I couldn't resist that, please forgive. Okay here is how I see it. Coach Hibdon is a great coach who is a student of the game. He will expose some of Riverdale's weaknesses that will swing an edge to Blackman. It will be a very close game. The decision will not be determined until late. Of course this is just my opinion.

jazzypha24mom we hear and feel your pain with those referees last night. I was 3 rows behind coach Bush and knew this crew was on a mission when 2 min. into the game they T up a coach (no warning) for telling the ref. to watch the pushing going on. Really no screaming or F bomb just "watch the pushing". I guess it was a "make up call" but Riverdale had a player miss a lay up in the 4th period down by 30+ and looked down at the floor clearly up set with "her self" not once did she look at a referee and got a T for it. Who is to say what is going on with such behavior from the referees but YES it is obvious something needs to change! IMO I really don't see "racist" is to blame, I think after what happened last year between Riverdale and blackman the "political stuff" is more "appropriate". So, who is to blame? All I would say is welcome to "Dramaless District 7 AAA" !!!

The officiating has been bad all year. Should we really expect anything different in the tournament. I would say in about 75% of the games this year it appeared the officiating was more favorable to the Blackman opponent. So I don't think the officials all of a sudden fell in love with Blackman. My feeling is that Lavergne came out and tried to be really physical and the officials called it closer than Lavergne would have liked. I agree something should be done about the officiating in this district but not because of this game but because of how it was throughout the year. Blackman won this game because it played the best game it has played all year and executed the way they are suppose to. Lavergne showed a valiant effort in coming back and I thought they were going to pull it off but they just couldn't quite get over the hump. Lavergne your season is not over, it was just a loss that really will not mean a whole lot come region tournament time.

I think Riverdale will beat Blackman but if Blackman can play for 4 quarters like it did in the 1st half of the Lavergne game, then it will come down to the very end. We haven't had anybody that can hang with Barbee or Haislip yet. They will probably be the difference.

The officiating has been bad all year. Should we really expect anything different in the tournament. I would say in about 75% of the games this year it appeared the officiating was more favorable to the Blackman opponent. So I don't think the officials all of a sudden fell in love with Blackman. My feeling is that Lavergne came out and tried to be really physical and the officials called it closer than Lavergne would have liked. I agree something should be done about the officiating in this district but not because of this game but because of how it was throughout the year. Blackman won this game because it played the best game it has played all year and executed the way they are suppose to. Lavergne showed a valiant effort in coming back and I thought they were going to pull it off but they just couldn't quite get over the hump. Lavergne your season is not over, it was just a loss that really will not mean a whole lot come region tournament time.

I think Riverdale will beat Blackman but if Blackman can play for 4 quarters like it did in the 1st half of the Lavergne game, then it will come down to the very end. We haven't had anybody that can hang with Barbee or Haislip yet. They will probably be the difference.

I think we have all felt the officiating has favored the other team at times throughout this season. In watching 4 different crews over the past two days in games where I had a vested interest and those where I was truly just a spectator, I realized that they are just that bad and inconsistent with their calls. What bothered me most was the apparent lack of understanding of the rules of the game. Does where the ball is taken out affect the final result? Probably not, but it does represent a basic understanding of the rules. If they consistently do that wrong, what else don't they know.

That said, I still think all four teams can make significant noise yet this year. Good luck to all after Monday night. Until then still want Blackman to have the most luck :thumb: .

From some outside this District who read this, thoughts of just some people who does not know the game must be posting. While I admit I did not see yesterdays games, something has happened over the past year with officiating crews with some people who know the game very well. Even those who have broadcast the games at times make comments. At times I have thought the game has gotten past the administration. One thing is for sure, though, all teams have to adjust to how it is being called and maybe just maybe that is the reason it is making the difference. Coaches might need to take a look at that factor but real inconsistancies between offficials are there. Someone posted that this should have been looked at earlier. Maybe or maybe not. I'm not sure calling closer helped Blacckman more or calling closer helped Riverdale more. Both of those schools are deeper as far as the bench. Myers with lavergne 6'5" has been in foul trouble all year. Just lately did she try to get that worked out. LaVergne started late every game and had to try hard the later stages`all year causing them to seem overly agressive. Lately they have gotten better and have played better. Jefferson has been a step late but her knee injury has significantly gotten better and with movement seen of this player only in the past, has it allowed her to return to an old form. Other injuries are mending. lavergne is playing at a different level and intensity than earlier. Now as far as the rest of the schools they are too. I could be wrong but Regional will be between these four schools so what is your complaint except for bragging rights. Regional is the real deal and we've known that all year. Yep, these other honors are fluff as is monday's nites terrific matchups. Everyone is still is still there, You are just lucky Oakland and Smyrna didn't wipe a couple out and I assure you they could have.

Be ready to meet in Shelbyviile for some great matchups and if you think the officials are partison here,...................................... these are cream puffs.

Okay I am not going to be as politically correct as others on here have chosen to be. The officiating in the tournament has left much to be desired, however to say that these men are "racist" is just asinine. Why must we always bring race into every aspect of society? How about, I don't know, our team got some bad breaks? Now before some of the bleeding heart liberals jump all over me, let me inform you that my upbringing has not been one of privilege. I believe that we make our own breaks in life, and sometimes we fall short. Now if these officials are targeting the so called "athletes", whatever that is suppose to mean, then perhaps that would make them predjudiced towards athletes, instead of racist.

Instead of blaming the referees for being racist how about you look in the mirror and diagnose the real problem with your team. Night in and night out you have different referees, however every night you have the same coach. Coach Dean has done an injustice to your players. You by far have the most talent in the league, even more than Riverdale that has beaten you by 40 points in your two meetings (plus 30 and plus 10) with at least 3 Division One College signees, but you are playing for 3rd place instead of a championship.

Don't blame the referees for Blackman outplaying, out executing and outcoaching you yesterday. I am not even a Blackman fan, but I was at the game and it was obvious that it was not the referees that beat you, and they didn't beat you in your other two losses either.

Blazeallthewaze - I think like you in alot of what you are saying and I truly "believe" in the Lady Blaze. I think as you said coming into the Blackman/Lavergne game last night that we had nothing to lose because everyone had us already picked to go down. I think that is definitely the case going into this game against Riverdale. We have nothing to lose again as we are going in as underdogs...I do think that if our girls play like they did last night against Lavergne, with heart and passion, and the intensity that they want it - ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE AND I BELIEVE!!! They just need to go in and play ball and have fun because no one ever thought they would be where they are......We only can look at one game at a time and now the focus is on Riverdale! If it is our time to peak as a team, we have definitely picked a good time! Go Blackman!