DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

This is likely the best and most humble posting on this site all year although its been good. But the reason it has been, past games mean nothing and to the school each knows it. The two games Monday mean a lot but everyone knows the other is peaking or has peaked. La Vergne even knows they are better, right now. They are playing smarter. They are more healthy. I really have no predictions or idea who will win. I can only tell you that the Region will be good basketball and should be "standing room only" with the schools who are playing. There is nothing on this site that should get anyone bent out of shape. Schools are now where they should be at this time of year, peaking or about to peak and to not to acknowledge that, is expressing no confidence in a lot of good players and some GREAT basketball schools.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think as you said coming into the Blackman/Lavergne game last night that we had nothing to lose because everyone had us already picked to go down. I think that is definitely the case going into this game against Riverdale. We have nothing to lose again as we are going in as underdogs...

Well if your attempting a sales pitch just let me say "it aint working" these two teams don't like each other and they really don't like to lose in this match up. Saying, "Nothing to lose" meaning both teams move on to the regional tournament but we all know there will be plenty of nerves because, this is Riverdale vs. blackman! Q. When was the last time one of these teams was able to sweep the other?

Referees, as a parent and fan of this great game, I expect you to go out and do the job you are payed to do well. You are paid to call it like you see it! Plain and simple. It's not your job to make sure the foul ratio is even or not and its' not your job to become the center of attention in a heated match up between good ball teams or atheletes. The fans want to see kids play hard but play clean and thats what your there for is to make sure that can happen!!!!!

Instead of blaming the referees for being racist how about you look in the mirror and diagnose the real problem with your team. Night in and night out you have different referees, however every night you have the same coach. Coach Dean has done an injustice to your players. You by far have the most talent in the league, even more than Riverdale that has beaten you by 40 points in your two meetings (plus 30 and plus 10) with at least 3 Division One College signees, but you are playing for 3rd place instead of a championship.

Don't blame the referees for Blackman outplaying, out executing and outcoaching you yesterday. I am not even a Blackman fan, but I was at the game and it was obvious that it was not the referees that beat you, and they didn't beat you in your other two losses either.

I think as you said coming into the Blackman/Lavergne game last night that we had nothing to lose because everyone had us already picked to go down. I think that is definitely the case going into this game against Riverdale. We have nothing to lose again as we are going in as underdogs...

Well if your attempting a sales pitch just let me say "it aint working" these two teams don't like each other and they really don't like to lose in this match up. Saying, "Nothing to lose" meaning both teams move on to the regional tournament but we all know there will be plenty of nerves because, this is Riverdale vs. blackman! Q. When was the last time one of these teams was able to sweep the other?

Referees, as a parent and fan of this great game, I expect you to go out and do the job you are payed to do well. You are paid to call it like you see it! Plain and simple. It's not your job to make sure the foul ratio is even or not and its' not your job to become the center of attention in a heated match up between good ball teams or atheletes. The fans want to see kids play hard but play clean and thats what your there for is to make sure that can happen!!!!!

By nothing to lose, he means both teams move on to the regional as well as nobody expects blackman to beat Riverdale. Riverdale has already beat us twice. Who do you think will win? Blackman or Riverdale. My guess is you will say Riverdale which is exactly the point. So if Riverdale wins, that was what was expected and Blackman still lives to fight another day. We all know the real important games now are the regional. This game is just for bragging rights. I personally would prefer to lose this game and win all the regional games. Of course I would love to win all of them.

I am with yall on the officiating one of my favorite crews of the year was the crew we had against lavergne the second time they let the players play and protect the shooter decenlty but they did not penalize hard play by calling a foul I thought they were consistant on BOTH end of the court and this is how i llike games to be called

As far as the game against blackman it does matter our girls have a goal of being district tournament champs and we would like to win that it all about reaching each goal 1 game and goal at a time

Jazzy I think when you said racist i took it as you meant against lavergne not of actual "race" and i feel that way all the time too about the official make calls to keep the other team close so i know how you feel in fact i about got thrown out of a game last year in the district tournament for telling the official that if they would call the game the same on each end of the court this game would be over they were calling ticky tack fouls on us and we were getting hammered and nothing was called he didnt like it so at halftime he sent nolan over to tell me to be quiet BUT in the second half they called it more evenly on both ends of the court and we went on to blow them out

Oldhoopsdad - you don't know me too well but I'm definitely not trying to sell anyone on anything but the facts....I know that Riverdale/Blackman are rivalries and I also know the two teams also have great respect for one another. These are all good teams that are left in the final four and have great players. Tomorrow is another day, Blackman girls are coming and win or lose, will be going to Regionals. They are not picked to win tomorrow....If they do, even you will be surprised!!! Our goal is to make it back to where we left off last year and we will take it one game at a time....Next one on the list is Riverdale. I don't care who likes us or who don't because that is not going to make a difference in the outcome...GO BLACKMAN!

"as nobody expects blackman to beat Riverdale. Riverdale has already beat us twice. So if Riverdale wins, that was what was expected".

Blazeallthewaze, you sound just like the Lou Holtz of high school basketball.lol

After reading your post I began to wonder if the wheels on the bus might fall off! Riverdale fans better get there early,

I get the feeling blackman is hungry :thumb:

I am with yall on the officiating one of my favorite crews of the year was the crew we had against lavergne the second time they let the players play and protect the shooter decenlty but they did not penalize hard play by calling a foul I thought they were consistant on BOTH end of the court and this is how i llike games to be called

As far as the game against blackman it does matter our girls have a goal of being district tournament champs and we would like to win that it all about reaching each goal 1 game and goal at a time

Jazzy I think when you said racist i took it as you meant against lavergne not of actual "race" and i feel that way all the time too about the official make calls to keep the other team close so i know how you feel in fact i about got thrown out of a game last year in the district tournament for telling the official that if they would call the game the same on each end of the court this game would be over they were calling ticky tack fouls on us and we were getting hammered and nothing was called he didnt like it so at halftime he sent nolan over to tell me to be quiet BUT in the second half they called it more evenly on both ends of the court and we went on to blow them out

"Racist" means what it says. Stop trying to sugar coat it. She played the card and I have no doubt she meant what she said. Sad.

Hicotton is correct. Racist means what it says!

An apology is in order.

To the officials (who may only be guilty of incompetence). To Blackman (for diminishing their win). And to your own team (for providing the lame excuse of racism as the reason for losing).

Where were all these racist officials during 24 wins? Discriminating against other teams?

If Samuel Johnson were alive today, he might say racism has replaced patriotism as the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Do the right thing Jazzy. Apologize.

Some interesting replies & racists is what it means. Am I going to back down from my statement...no but maybe I should have said their ACTION were racist, not the 3 guys in particular because I don't know them personally.

Definition of racist - being biased or having a belief or attitude formed beforehand.

I played bball in the early 80's for a single A high school in West TN. We at the time had to experience all kinds of unfairness & unjustice as we played at certain schools. Now, the same attitudes & behaviors I witnessed/experienced then I see them manifest against our girls on a constant basis. Unlike the early 80's, this is 2010 & I for one don't expect to see this type of behavior but unfortunately I do. Sometimes, you can't help but have biased attitudes formed because of all the negative attention that LaVergne receives in the DNJ & etc. I just saw how someone stated on the DNJ Prep talk that the district should not be held at LaVergne because the school is "dirty." What the heck??? That's not fair to the students there because they always have to defend who they are and to me, that's what's sad. I am for what's right period, & anyone can be a racist at any time, even me, if I don't check my attitude & behavior. Was my choice of words, harsh, yes, but I'm not going to stand by & continually watch this type of attitude being displayed towards our girls & not say anything. Once again they work hard & they shouldn't be penalized with bad call or a lack of non calls.

Now for those who say look at your team & Coach Dean is the problem, yada, yada yada...since the entire time I have been at LaVergne, he has grown, have I always agreed with his coaching philosphy, No, but he is for the girls. He's going to always have naysayer because he arguably has the best talented team in this area & it always seem they have underachieved. But I will say that it's hard to coach talent, because you want everyone to be happy & sometimes that's impossible because of that green-eyed monster, called jealousy. You have to have a firm hand, look at Pat Summitt & her struggles with her talented team. Not comparing Coach Dean to her or LaVergne's team to Tennessee but just making an observation.

I had the privilege to walk as the girls practiced yesterday & the things that might have caused them to lose, they were working on them & it comes down to the girls executing what they practice on in games situation & not get frustrated when it appears things/calls are not going their way. Sometimes that's easier said than done. Once again, they fought back & played hard at the end & came up a little short. My daughter said it best, she said mom, we have to do what we are told to do & if we do so, we will be ok. I love my girl & she's the best kid around, and not only that I love all the girls. They are a very special group of young ladies & just like any parent, you will come to their aide/defense if you perceive they are not being treated right.

Good luck to all the teams tonight.