McCallie vs Baylor

bigblu1

Living close to Signal Mtn and the Baylor campus (live in Red Bank) I saw the red flags flying and all of the excitement the last few days. Well...........congratulations Baylor Nation. I was really pulling for you guys to beat McCallie and end the streak. Sounds like you did it in a very convincing way so kudos to you. I really wish that Red Bank and Baylor played this year....it would be a whale of a game I think. Anyway, job well done.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i happened to take a stop by the Baylor Schools practice the other day, and coach Bibee informed me that his starting running back, Courtney Braswell will not be ready for this fridays game...Fortunately, they have 3 strong backups--John Mackey, Nelson Pinkstaff, and Sam Williams. Also Patrick Marchetti and Justin Cash will get to go at it again!

Go Purple Pounders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did i also hear westerman might even come off the DL for this game..that would be a huge gain for baylor

Congratulations go to the Baylor team who played an outstanding game tonight against McCallie. No analysis needed, Baylor won the game in a convincing fashion. The Big Blue just couldn't stop #'s 12, 14, and 22 on up-the-middle runs when it counted.

Enjoy it Big Red...........me thinks the streak stops at one.

"Me thinks" it is confusing as to why You would think the streak stops at one oldwiseone. Because the people you named off that McCallie could not stop, 2 out of the 3 will be back next season. And the team is 4-1 without #12 sam williams due to injury. They will have 3 of their linemen returning, and virtually all their wideouts. On defense, it does not seem much different. They will lose both outside linebackers in Ben Prater and Mac Fergison. Also, they will lose Channing Gordon. That really is not a whole lot of people. I also know for a fact baylor has alot of talent in their Soph. Class. I think i can confidently say that Baylor should and will win the next two years. Both teams are young, but by the looks of it tonight it seems Baylor's younger talent was better than mccallie's younger talent. We will just see what Baylor has in store for them next year, but i do not think McCallie will like it anymore than they liked that Vol package that the Baylor offense installed.

Go Big Red.

Watched the game on TV last night...awesome win for Baylor. Completely dominated the game. The announcers on TV kept saying what an atmosphere and even though Finley sits more it just can't compare to the campus feel. Baylor has a young team so this bodes well for you guys for sure in the future. I was at a soccer game on your campus recently....the football stadium looked amazing. The campus is just beautiful. Well, again congrats to you and good luck in the playoffs.

As you can tell from my posts...I really thought McCallie would win...and yes win big. It pains me to say this but Baylor was the better team. Don't know how they lost to MBA....because if you can go by head to head competition Baylor is the better team. Well, I will try to stay alittle consistant on my posts. At least I was right in saying the atmosphere was sweet...Finley just doesn't compare. Big Blue goes on the road to BGA...sounds like they had a big win last night.

oldwiseone- It wasn't a win for me i'm just a fan of the rivalry. I could have cared less who won. I was just glad Baylor got the win after 11 long years.

and other notes: Baylor lost to MBA because stupid mistakes. Living in Nashville, i got to attend the game. Baylor just did not do anything right. MBA scored all their points on short field situations. Baylor had the ball inside the 15 yard line 3 times and could not score. One happened to be a fumbled snap on the goal line. MBA did not score a point the entire second half. Baylor just made to many offensive mistakes.

IMO McCallie was quite clearly the better team last night. If it wasn't for their crucial turnovers they definitely would have, and should have, won this game. No doubt about it. Anybody that was there should know who the better team was, and clearly that was McCallie. But I did hear that Baylor's underground shirts were pretty creative, anybody know where I can get my hands on one??

IMO McCallie was quite clearly the better team last night. If it wasn't for their crucial turnovers they definitely would have, and should have, won this game. No doubt about it. Anybody that was there should know who the better team was, and clearly that was McCallie. But I did hear that Baylor's underground shirts were pretty creative, anybody know where I can get my hands on one??

I'm a defensive guy, so I will keep saying that turnovers are caused by the defense, not given away by the offense.

What did the shirt say? lol