Where is Darkwa going to college?

nosidj

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vandy Hoosiers is right in some regards...The academies can operate this way, and I'm sure they see Darkwa as an ideal candidate for their system. They will send him most likely to the prep school and see if he can handle the workload, and if so, he'll matriculate on campus a year later. The academies can't redshirt so this is what they do. They also look at the "whole person" as opposed to just SAT/ACT scores. He is obviously doing a lot right in life to be pursued by Army.

This isn't an indictment of EHS as I can recall a specific case from MBA several years ago in which a player wasn't recruited by Vandy for academic reasons but was recruited/offered by Army as well.

As a Navy man I don't really care to see the man head to that community college on the Hudson and face Navy.....

(that last part was sarcasm, itzme and others).

Sarcasm? What's that? :roflol:

BTW, I'd root for the Middies over the Army team all day, every day. Couple of pretty good ex-BA players there, as you might know.

Too many kids/parents of kids put way too much emphasis on getting the best athletic opportunity in college, rather than the best academic and life-skills opportunity. Unless being a pro is the goal, use the athletic ability to get the best college education you can.

First off I promise I am not trying to stir anything up but I am just curious. Did he attend Ensworth Middle school (lower school)? What school is he actually zoned for? He is a great athlete and someone will be very lucky to get him at the next level.

No he did not attend the Ensworth Middle School and he is zoned for Antioch.

I think Troy Flemming has the career rushing record for TN (and had it for the nation at some point), but does anyone know what the single season record is? Darkwa has got to be getting close.

The single season record is 3,008 yds, by Troy Fleming in '98. Troy also holds the career record of 9,442 yds. Amazing.

To the point of this thread - I am shocked that Darkwa hasn't recieved any offers yet(I'm not counting Army). Seems very strange to me that he doesn't, at least, have one from a school like MTSU or WKU at this point.

I hear he is going to MBA next year.

MBA doesn't "let kids in for academic reasons" like Ensworth does, thus, having to actually qualify and meet the same standards as everyone else that chooses to apply, I don't think Orleans would be accepted.

The post you quoted was obviously a joke considering he is a senior. Also, posts like this are unwanted and unwelcome.

I hear he is going to MBA next year.

MBA doesn't "let kids in for academic reasons" like Ensworth does, thus, having to actually qualify and meet the same standards as everyone else that chooses to apply, I don't think Orleans would be accepted.

The post you quoted was obviously a joke considering he is a senior. Also, posts like this are unwanted and unwelcome.

Check your split infinitives and that/who issues before claiming academic purity.