MR Football in3A

cub3

What is this about being 3 classifications of Mr. Football or 6 classes?? Also, don't stats continue through the playoffs, or is Mr. Football just regular season stats? Avery Williamson should win a Mr. Football. His tackles are decieving because he rarely played 2nd half of football games, and you see his numbers when he did (22 tackles, 17 tackles, 14 tackles) offense or defense I would have to say he is the best player either side of the ball, with the most college potential in 3A football this year.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lineman its got to be O.C. Brown from Memphis Manassas. The kid helped Manassas to a state championship last season in Basketball and now he has lead Manassasv to a consecutive 1 loss season.

O.C. Brown has offers from Memphis, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Kentucky, West Virginia, and #1 Alabama.

US Army all-american and rated the top O lineman in Tennessee!!!

O.C. Brown 6'3" 315lbs and ran a 4.9 at the combine!!!

The Toney kid will probaly win, he' the pretty choice, playing for the MIGHTY ALCOA, but Gilbert

will be a better college running back. If Avery Williams doesn't win, it's like 1997 all over again.

Avery is the one that deserves it IMO. Toney benefits tremendously from his very good offensive line that is at Alcoa. Toney is good, but no way Toney is a better back (O&D) than jabronski or avery. Avery was the MVP for the clinic bowl last year and Milan lost. That should tell us something.

Robinsion is very good but I'll be interested to see who else gets nominated. I think Brown may be the better pick.

The Toney kid will probaly win, he' the pretty choice, playing for the MIGHTY ALCOA, but Gilbert

will be a better college running back. If Avery Williams doesn't win, it's like 1997 all over again.

Avery is the one that deserves it IMO. Toney benefits tremendously from his very good offensive line that is at Alcoa. Toney is good, but no way Toney is a better back (O&D) than jabronski or avery. Avery was the MVP for the clinic bowl last year and Milan lost. That should tell us something.

Robinsion is very good but I'll be interested to see who else gets nominated. I think Brown may be the better pick.

Ah, yes, but Toney was the MVP last year and Alcoa won! IMO, the only reason someone from Alcoa didn't get the defensive MVP was because they all played as a team and not one person stood out. How many td's get Alcoa's d give up? (I'll answer that: 2) How many td's did Avery give up? (again, I'll answer that: 4)

Toney is a very good RB, but I could name 10-15 RB's across the state of TN that would have great

numbers running behind Alcoa's big O-line. What's everyones thoughts on that?

I would say watch the tape of the bell co, maryville, loudon, cak and other tapes and see how many tackles this kid breaks. Its flat out scary how hard he is to tackle. I can name plays off the top of my head against maryville and loudon where he was hit in the backfield for a sure 3 yard loss and ends up getting 10 yards on the run. Alcoas line is good but watch toney run and you cant help but be impressed.

Toney is a very good RB, but I could name 10-15 RB's across the state of TN that would have great

numbers running behind Alcoa's big O-line. What's everyones thoughts on that?

Then, heck, let's give it to the whole O-line! :thumb:

ILuvsports: You're right. I can't count the # of times I thought he had been tackled just to see him running down the field.

Iluvsports......I've seen him, and agree, he is a great high school back, and he does run tough,

but he also runs through holes as big as a bus. If he wins Mr. Football this year he would be

deserving and everyone from Alcoa says he's a great kid off the field. A. Williams and

J. Gilbert are very much the same. They both are good students and great players.

I think the Mr. Football award should be given to the best all around student athlete.

Good luck to all of them.