Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

As far as Polk being "confused," don't count on it. Polk may very well get beat, but it will not be because they are unprepared or confused. IMO, Coach Derrick Davis is as good of a defensive game-planner as there is in this area. I have seen many of Polk's games in this latest Davis era, and if the defense gets beat it is because the players fail to execute, not because they were unprepared or confused.

Good...they should be well prepared....sounds like a Wilson vs. Davis defensive matchup...Interesting :angry:

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope you Polk fans remember this thread next year when you play the Chargers! Our folks can't hold a candle to these Pirates in good ole fashion trash talking, you just thought we had some top level bucket mouths!! ;) I would love to be on the fence for this one, heck I may just come on down!!

It is a gift many SP fans have :(:angry:

As far as Polk being "confused," don't count on it. Polk may very well get beat, but it will not be because they are unprepared or confused. IMO, Coach Derrick Davis is as good of a defensive game-planner as there is in this area. I have seen many of Polk's games in this latest Davis era, and if the defense gets beat it is because the players fail to execute, not because they were unprepared or confused.

Derrick is very good coach and he has a good staff. Regardless of the trash talking on here I can promise you that the coaches are losing some sleep over this game

now now "t-rob" sounds like a modern day superman lol let me guess when they start to lose he runs to the locker room and changes into his cape...you people are blowin this kid up into somethin that sounds like a terrel prior with a drew bress arm with peyton manning field awareness...im telling you the same thing these polk fans have been trying to tell you Jared allen will shut the pass game down and the other to all state candidates will to...do any of you people recall a football player in 3a by the name of JORDAN JACKSON who played QB for the chargers, and well he was probably the most explosive talked about qb in this area and a highly touted d1 prospect of course til some off the field things happened and well polks def. not as good as this years shut him down basically after the first few or more plays...so dont go talkin your QB up because from little league til now these guys have always found away to get to any QB, so if i were you id have my skill players doin extra plays, catch drills, and so on and id have my db's runnin tip drills or oklahomas because you wont shut em down unless christian and allen are hurt(knock on wood)they're to good...and if your referring to central in knox as being a good team you obviously were focussing on the cheerleaders or beaters and blowers(bAND) in the stands...lets here you talk about stiffer competition other than boyd who is good as supposively everything...Oh and i mentioned it before and i will now BEN STILES(best of preps,all state x3, d1 recruit) struggled to bring this qb down so if you got a player as a dt or lb or de that can just demolish a line thats mostly 6'2 and 265^,then hey good for you...but if your stand out players that you refer to are as great as they say then i want to see a article in the post season where every single one of these standouts sign, until then lets not talk about certain players shuttin a whole team down and lets not say because our qb was out we lost :angry: let me tell you we went a whole season at central without 2 of our best players and we thought our season was over and we kept winnin so i hate to tell you all just because one player is out doesnt mean thats the reason for you loss it means you were outplayed so deal with it...go polk

Aside from all the "cage rattling" talk, where is good parking down there?(if your gonna just make some smart remark don't bother replying)

The best parking right next to the stadium and right across the road is run by the Jr High Football and I think it is $3. There is plenty of parking up side streets if you don't mind walking a little. Getting in and out of town is easy too. Several good places to eat 3 or 4 blocks from the stadium if you get there early (Steverinos, Harveys, Dixie Freeze, and a Mexican place) and the concession stand has all your usuals plus pizza and BBQ

now now "t-rob" sounds like a modern day superman lol let me guess when they start to lose he runs to the locker room and changes into his cape...you people are blowin this kid up into somethin that sounds like a terrel prior with a drew bress arm with peyton manning field awareness...im telling you the same thing these polk fans have been trying to tell you Jared allen will shut the pass game down and the other to all state candidates will to...do any of you people recall a football player in 3a by the name of JORDAN JACKSON who played QB for the chargers, and well he was probably the most explosive talked about qb in this area and a highly touted d1 prospect of course til some off the field things happened and well polks def. not as good as this years shut him down basically after the first few or more plays...so dont go talkin your QB up because from little league til now these guys have always found away to get to any QB, so if i were you id have my skill players doin extra plays, catch drills, and so on and id have my db's runnin tip drills or oklahomas because you wont shut em down unless christian and allen are hurt(knock on wood)they're to good...and if your referring to central in knox as being a good team you obviously were focussing on the cheerleaders or beaters and blowers(bAND) in the stands...lets here you talk about stiffer competition other than boyd who is good as supposively everything...Oh and i mentioned it before and i will now BEN STILES(best of preps,all state x3, d1 recruit) struggled to bring this qb down so if you got a player as a dt or lb or de that can just demolish a line thats mostly 6'2 and 265^,then hey good for you...but if your stand out players that you refer to are as great as they say then i want to see a article in the post season where every single one of these standouts sign, until then lets not talk about certain players shuttin a whole team down and lets not say because our qb was out we lost :bored: let me tell you we went a whole season at central without 2 of our best players and we thought our season was over and we kept winnin so i hate to tell you all just because one player is out doesnt mean thats the reason for you loss it means you were outplayed so deal with it...go polk

Another Jealous fan....I am sure Terrell is really scared now :thumb: Might not even show up now...Or he could do what I think he is going to do which is throw for two td's and run for 2 :bored: We will see if Polk can stop our offense...Just keep it up....I like doubters :blush:

now now "t-rob" sounds like a modern day superman lol let me guess when they start to lose he runs to the locker room and changes into his cape...you people are blowin this kid up into somethin that sounds like a terrel prior with a drew bress arm with peyton manning field awareness...im telling you the same thing these polk fans have been trying to tell you Jared allen will shut the pass game down and the other to all state candidates will to...do any of you people recall a football player in 3a by the name of JORDAN JACKSON who played QB for the chargers, and well he was probably the most explosive talked about qb in this area and a highly touted d1 prospect of course til some off the field things happened and well polks def. not as good as this years shut him down basically after the first few or more plays...so dont go talkin your QB up because from little league til now these guys have always found away to get to any QB, so if i were you id have my skill players doin extra plays, catch drills, and so on and id have my db's runnin tip drills or oklahomas because you wont shut em down unless christian and allen are hurt(knock on wood)they're to good...and if your referring to central in knox as being a good team you obviously were focussing on the cheerleaders or beaters and blowers(bAND) in the stands...lets here you talk about stiffer competition other than boyd who is good as supposively everything...Oh and i mentioned it before and i will now BEN STILES(best of preps,all state x3, d1 recruit) struggled to bring this qb down so if you got a player as a dt or lb or de that can just demolish a line thats mostly 6'2 and 265^,then hey good for you...but if your stand out players that you refer to are as great as they say then i want to see a article in the post season where every single one of these standouts sign, until then lets not talk about certain players shuttin a whole team down and lets not say because our qb was out we lost :bored: let me tell you we went a whole season at central without 2 of our best players and we thought our season was over and we kept winnin so i hate to tell you all just because one player is out doesnt mean thats the reason for you loss it means you were outplayed so deal with it...go polk

I don't know what you are talking about because the 2 years that central beat polk, Jordan Jackson was only involved in one of those and he made some of the most impressive clutch plays I remember him making to tie the game. He wasn't with the team when they played his senior year.

correction jw cardin my bad on the game but his senior he was apart of the team until he substituted out along with simpson when he walked off the field and they were both dismissed from the team and on the being a jealous fan im not a polk fan but after they beat us like they did they gained all respect

Like i've said already this won't be a blowout and its going to be hard hitting from both sides. i got respect for south pitt even if soome of their fans are kinda going over board with the trash talk but i'm just looking past that. but this game is going to be a great game come friday night. the weather is looking like a other wet one and for south pitt going to a wing t possible and everyone saying its going to confuse teh wildcats jsut so you know polk has ran that offense and has played against it. this polk team has look forward to this game all year and will show up and play hard like they always do. polk has the talent to beat south pitt as south pitt has the same to beat polk. i don't care to get what anyone onhere says this will be a close game and i'm also telling everyone if south pitt wins i win congrat them as soon as i can on here and if polk wins i don't go rubbing it in. i just want to see this game because its goingt o be a great game. good luck to both teams on a injury free game and a safe trip to everyone to and from the game. i'll be there on the 50 yard line supporting my wildcats and looking forward to a great game. Go Wildcats!!

Watched the weather here locally and it looked like it is going to pour down all day but stop right around game time....At least the field will not be wet because of the giant motorized tarp we have have now :thumb: I tell ya its a good thing we bought one of them things....They can come in handy :bored: ha ha

OP and KL crack me up. Almost like a father/son combination. One minute OP is saying the game won't even be close then the next minute he plays conservative. OP's favorite coach is probably Spurrier too. KL claims he graduated in 1989, and leaves at half-time during SP's blowouts (nice support from a fan that seems to know so much about the players attitudes). I will be eating at the Dixie Freeze before the game KL, so you better not sit above me :thumb:

PM, KL is just realistic. KL has all the confidence in the world in these guys, but also just has respect for opponents. KL was just saying that you and others just like to see how bad you can make other opponents look. I figured you would eat next door at Harvey's and get one of those nice big cheeseburgers like Pirate Tom does. Man, I don't know what Harvey puts in Pirate Tom's burger, but man can he let off an aroma up there in the stands. It has ruined KL's sense of smell. B)

Blah, blah, blah..anyway, any true Pirate fan knows tha Harvey closes early on Friday for the games, usually around 3pm. Got anything new to say?? B)