CAK travels to Elizabethton...

RonMexico

LeonardsLosers---Well the mighty Warriors of Christian Academy Of Knoxville travel east to the Tri-Cities area-- just south from the roaring motors at Bristol Motor Speedway, and North of the Great Doe River--to the great little Humble setting in Carter County called Elizabethton. The Warriors will take their pass happy offense to unchartered territory since moving from the classification of wandering all over lands to a league of many battles. The friendly settings of Cyclone territory will greet their big city opponents with food, friendship, and hospitable nature, that will only last until the first whistle blows. The Warrior offense will be relentless in putting the ball in the air in places the cyclones have yet to see this year. While the defensive speed of the Cyclones will be unexpectedly all over, the Warriors will make completions on every level of the field. While putting the ball in the air has not been a big contender for the Cylcones, it will make the difference in allowing less box members to stop the Trio of runners the Cyclones have. Although the Warriors list a good little runner himself, just not what the Warriors will need to have to slow the pass rush down.

Cyclones will have to step up or they too will follow down the road many have traveled before in playing the Knoxville Area teams, and that ain't very good.

If it rains-- game goes to the Cyclones

20- 7 Orange and Black

If it stays dry then it will be much closer.

34-28 Cylcones

Sorry-First time in 3 years -I'm a little rusty. Trying to get back in the groove.

Oh yeah -good luck to the Warriors of CAK and to the Cyclones of Elizabethton.

I like the commentary! but if you think the rain will slow down CAK, check this article out...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/sep/1 ... other-cak/

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you think the rain will slow down CAK, check this article out...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/sep/1 ... other-cak/

Yea.........it takes more like an F5 to slow down CAK's offense. :thumb:

Tornados and Cyclones...........makes a little rain not seem too bad. The Warriors will have to put on their boots and get to work regardless of which windy storm they are facing. CAK has a bunch of storm chasers on this squad that aren't afraid of bad weather, but no doubt it is going to be a bumpy ride.

NO FEAR, go get'm WARRIORS. :flower:

LeonardsLosers---Well the mighty Warriors of Christian Academy Of Knoxville travel east to the Tri-Cities area-- just south from the roaring motors at Bristol Motor Speedway, and North of the Great Doe River--to the great little Humble setting in Carter County called Elizabethton. The Warriors will take their pass happy offense to unchartered territory since moving from the classification of wandering all over lands to a league of many battles. The friendly settings of Cyclone territory will greet their big city opponents with food, friendship, and hospitable nature, that will only last until the first whistle blows. The Warrior offense will be relentless in putting the ball in the air in places the cyclones have yet to see this year. While the defensive speed of the Cyclones will be unexpectedly all over, the Warriors will make completions on every level of the field. While putting the ball in the air has not been a big contender for the Cylcones, it will make the difference in allowing less box members to stop the Trio of runners the Cyclones have. Although the Warriors list a good little runner himself, just not what the Warriors will need to have to slow the pass rush down.

Cyclones will have to step up or they too will follow down the road many have traveled before in playing the Knoxville Area teams, and that ain't very good.

If it rains-- game goes to the Cyclones

20- 7 Orange and Black

If it stays dry then it will be much closer.

34-28 Cylcones

Sorry-First time in 3 years -I'm a little rusty. Trying to get back in the groove.

Oh yeah -good luck to the Warriors of CAK and to the Cyclones of Elizabethton.

Nice job Leonard and welcome back to the boards! 3 years???

You make some interesting observations. If Elizabethton's secondary is able to cover CAK's receiving corp, it will make it a much more difficult night for the Warriors. A couple of things give me hope in that regard. First, CAK has alot of speed at receiver, I believe as good as we've had in #15 and #21. CAK's 3rd receiver, #27, had an incredible first 4 games but has been out ever since due to injury. He should be back this week. In the meantime, this gave freshman #16 an opportunity to progress, and he looks like anything but a freshman, improving dramatically every week. Last week he had 8 catches, over 100 yards, and 2 TD's. The Warriors also have a couple more receivers in #7 and #11 that are definitely worthy of starting and will see playing time unless they are called upon for defensive duties as Coach Bradley plays almost no one both ways. IMHO, this will be the best receiving corp, top to bottom, that the Cyclones will see this year. If the Cyclones decide to rely heavily on their back 8 to stop the Warrior passing attack, the Warriors have 3 backs (#8, #22, and #23) that can be dangerous. Not alot of dancing around, they hit the hole quickly and run north / south. The OL has been stellar this year, giving the QB time to throw and very little pressure and very few sacks. The QB, junior #2, is definitely a throwing QB, but is surprising when he decides to run. At about 6-2 185 (approx) he has surprising speed and is one of the fastest guys on the team. The Warriors have used the threat of a running QB more this year than in the past. The combination of efficiency in the passing, rushing, and a QB that can throw and run is difficult to stop. (Sounds a little like Betsy too doesn't it?)

On defense, the Warriors have very good speed and flow to the ball extremely well. They have several guys that can pick off a pass about as good as anyone (#23, #18, #6) and have several guys that have covered extremely well (#7, #35, #26) that are also very capable of a pick. CAK tends to put alot of pressure on the QB if he elects to drop back, and the Warriors also pursue well laterally. The DL has performed extremely well. Junior #67 is one of just a couple of players that has played both ways, starting at DT and C. He has matched up and more than held his own with some very highly regarded players. He was sick last week; look for a big game from him this Friday. CAK's LB corp is comprised of 1 SR, 2 Jr's and 1 sophmore, and have played extremely well. #42 and #44 in the middle started all last year. The OLB's have been outstanding with soph #18 having 2 pick 6's and a KIL player of the week to his credit.

I do think the Cyclones #10 and #14 are special players and they and the rest of Betsy's team will put alot of pressure on the Warriors. This will be by far the best team CAK has seen this year, and we will have to be at our best to compete. In the end though, I believe the Warriors just have too many weapons on offense and that the defense will contain the Cyclones. I fully expect Betsy's offense to move the ball and score points on offense, as well as slow the Warriors down on defense, but in the end I believe CAK will have enough to get it done.

Tornados and Cyclones...........makes a little rain not seem too bad. The Warriors will have to put on their boots and get to work regardless of which windy storm they are facing. CAK has a bunch of storm chasers on this squad that aren't afraid of bad weather, but no doubt it is going to be a bumpy ride.

NO FEAR, go get'm WARRIORS. ^_^

Cyclones die down once they go to land..........But an F5???.......we'll all know soon! ^_^

Disclaimer: this is a poor imitation of Leonard's Losers. Just for fun, no insults intended. If you get lite headed and flush, see a doctor.

The CAK Warriors will bus their troops up I-81 to the NE Quadrant of East TN to try to slow down the steady march of the E-town Cyclones. Betsy is making a lot of noise in the football world and is beginning to encroach upon the long held belief that the real football lords of TN reside in or around Knox/Blount Co. The Cyclones will not back down from the show of force by the Warriors and it will command a concerted effort from these Knoxville boys to make them quieten down. The Betsy boys are talented and well coached. They have mulitple weapons to defend their turf and will no doubt use them, and use them well. But this isn't the Warriors first battle and they are equally talented and well coached. They come armed with a superior air assault and a much improved defense from that of past skirmishes. They are resilent and capable of scoring quickly. They have learned to fear no one after competing and surviving in the land of Tornados & Redskins. This has the makings of an epic battle.

FootballDad's Forecast: CAK 24 Elizabethton 21

word on the street is that #27 for CAK has been cleared....If so this great news not only for a young man who had a bad injury, but also for the pass happy warriors. I wouldn't be surprised to see them deploy the 5-wide sets that was seen ealry in the season :roflol: It was used very effectively ealry on and injuries slowed it down. :roflol: .....just an idea from the ole armchair QB :roflol:

Disclaimer: this is a poor imitation of Leonard's Losers. Just for fun, no insults intended. If you get lite headed and flush, see a doctor.

The CAK Warriors will bus their troops up I-81 to the NE Quadrant of East TN to try to slow down the steady march of the E-town Cyclones. Betsy is making a lot of noise in the football world and is beginning to encroach upon the long held belief that the real football lords of TN reside in or around Knox/Blount Co. The Cyclones will not back down from the show of force by the Warriors and it will command a concerted effort from these Knoxville boys to make them quieten down. The Betsy boys are talented and well coached. They have mulitple weapons to defend their turf and will no doubt use them, and use them well. But this isn't the Warriors first battle and they are equally talented and well coached. They come armed with a superior air assault and a much improved defense from that of past skirmishes. They are resilent and capable of scoring quickly. They have learned to fear no one after competing and surviving in the land of Tornados & Redskins. This has the makings of an epic battle.

FootballDad's Forecast: CAK 24 Elizabethton 21

I have to say Coach H, pretty good job.

I haven't pulled one of those out in a long time and sure enough when I do, somebody shows me better. I used to pick and do about 20 of those a week at one time, but it just took too much time and research, and it sure ain't no paying job. Maybe it's time we started it back and we'll do a tag team on it. Good luck to the Cyclones and the Warriors. A great matchup and I would give anything to see it. Guess I'll just have to watch the tape. And by the way #15 is the fastest football player I have seen in the last 10 years, and I have seen a lot of football. Either it's live or it's Memorex

I almost forgot to mention that teams that are a predominantly running team have a hard time defending the pass. Especially a team like CAK that throws all over the place. Loudon is a predominanty running team. I sort of compare Loudon's offense to Knoxville Halls. So CAK would not have a problem throwing against them. Also a team like CAK can still throw the ball in the rain, just not as effective as when it's dry. What I was comparing them to was the fact that the Cyclones know that CAK is going to throw 80% of time. While Betsy might be more like 40-60 or less. It normally favors those kinds of teams when it rains. I almost always take the numbers.

I still think playing in the Tri-Cities have the Cyclones with advantage.

Home field advantage

Officials advantage

More equally balanced offense advantage

More overall team speed advantage. I've seen both.

This is just my opinion. We all know that it's not worth trash, but it is my opinion, and my opinion matters only to me.

I have to say Coach H, pretty good job.

I haven't pulled one of those out in a long time and sure enough when I do, somebody shows me better. I used to pick and do about 20 of those a week at one time, but it just took too much time and research, and it sure ain't no paying job. Maybe it's time we started it back and we'll do a tag team on it. Good luck to the Cyclones and the Warriors. A great matchup and I would give anything to see it. Guess I'll just have to watch the tape. And by the way #15 is the fastest football player I have seen in the last 10 years, and I have seen a lot of football. Either it's live or it's Memorex

Maybe we can get a syndicated gig on satelite radio or something :roflol: Sorry you're going to miss the game in person. If you happen to be in the Knoxville area at game time you can tune into Praise 96.3FM and listen in. This is our first year with complete radio coverage, but our broadcast team does a nice job. What makes #15 so dangerous is that he is at full speed in 2 -3 steps and he is so small you can't get a good grip on him. And if the ball gets near him he will catch it. I believe your observations and thoughts about the game are reasonable. Really, either team is very capable of winning this game so going with the home team makes sense. For me, I'm a homer, gotta go with the Blue & Gold. :roflol:

I almost forgot to mention that teams that are a predominantly running team have a hard time defending the pass. Especially a team like CAK that throws all over the place. Loudon is a predominanty running team. I sort of compare Loudon's offense to Knoxville Halls. So CAK would not have a problem throwing against them. Also a team like CAK can still throw the ball in the rain, just not as effective as when it's dry. What I was comparing them to was the fact that the Cyclones know that CAK is going to throw 80% of time. While Betsy might be more like 40-60 or less. It normally favors those kinds of teams when it rains. I almost always take the numbers.

I still think playing in the Tri-Cities have the Cyclones with advantage.

Home field advantage

Officials advantage

More equally balanced offense advantage

More overall team speed advantage. I've seen both.

This is just my opinion. We all know that it's not worth trash, but it is my opinion, and my opinion matters only to me.

Ha ha, no worries. Differing opinions are what makes these boards fun! I think both teams will have their work cut out for them. The weather forecast does not play in CAK's favor. Frankly this has been the case alot this year, only this is against top notch competition. I do think the weather disadvantage is generally overplayed with CAK. If it's a driving rain, perhaps. A simple rainy night in wet and cool (not cold / not heavy rain) and some of the disadvantage is mitigated by the advantage of our receivers knowing where they're going. CAK's receivers run very precise routes. Just my opinion.