Is Alcoa the best team in any Classification?

a-town1408

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's WIDE OPEN for any kid from anywhere to join the squad. T

I know I"m getting suckered into this conversation by a complete moron who obviously doesn't know anything about Alcoa. ACS is very picky about the tuition kids who are allowed to come to the school system. Kids whose parents are city employees get 1st choice, but they still have to prove themselves. Tuition kids are held to a higher standard than kids that live in the city. If they get in trouble or don't keep their grades up, they're out, and it doesn't matter who you are. Rankin proved that a couple of years ago by busting a senior starter.

For those who don't live in Alcoa, you don't know how hard it is to find a decent house in the city that doesn't cost a quarter of a mil. Literally, you have to wait 'til somebody dies and know somebody who is related to that person.

As far as I know, Maryville doesn't have tryouts for their team, so anyone from anywhere can join the squad as well. If you think MHS doesn't accept tuition students, think again.

Tornadoes continue to roll on Friday...the boys will be completely focused. Looking forward to a good game!

Still. There's a difference between 'being very picky' and having a closed boundary. It's worked out for them.

I haven't seen Alcoa play, but the better 5A and 6A schools can absolutely matchup up athlete wise with anybody. Williamson and Rutherford County typically or a well coached Memphis area school.

Alcoa beat Maryville 41-24

Maryville beat Farragut 35-32

Riverdale beat Farragut 20-17 + Riverdale beat Smyrna 30-27 + Riverdale beat Oakland 13-10

ALL 3 OF THOSE SCORES IN RIVERDALE'S FAVOR WERE SIMILAR MARGAINS OF VICTORY..........THAT IS NOT JUST A COINCIDENCE :hungry:

Enswroth beat Oakland 22-20 + Ensworth beat Smyrna 36-34 (rallied to win both games)

AGAIN..........BOTH OF THOSE SCORES IN ENSWORTH'S FAVOR WERE SIMILAR MARGAINS OF VICTORY..........COINCIDENCE????? dry.gif

The simple math in all of these cases proves that Maryville, Riverdale, & Ensworth are ALL very similar football teams. The common scores from all of those games have the EXACT SAME margains of victory. That proves the fact!

Alcoa beat Maryville senseless (without throwing the football). They could do the exact same to Riverdale & Ensworth if they played either of them. Just look at the stats I have given from common games to get your answer folks..........ALCOA IS THE BEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE STATE!!!!!

it's WIDE OPEN for any kid from anywhere to join the squad. T

ACS is very picky about the tuition kids who are allowed to come to the school system. Kids whose parents are city employees get 1st choice, but they still have to prove themselves.

I guess by being picky that means they have to be a good candidate for the football team? :blush:

Sorry - couldn't resist the obvious chance to dig at you guys a little bit. The rules are the rules and I am convinced that Alcoa plays within the rules set by the TSSAA. :hungry:

Alcoa beat Maryville 41-24

Maryville beat Farragut 35-32

Riverdale beat Farragut 20-17 + Riverdale beat Smyrna 30-27 + Riverdale beat Oakland 13-10

ALL 3 OF THOSE SCORES IN RIVERDALE'S FAVOR WERE SIMILAR MARGAINS OF VICTORY..........THAT IS NOT JUST A COINCIDENCE :hungry:

Enswroth beat Oakland 22-20 + Ensworth beat Smyrna 36-34 (rallied to win both games)

AGAIN..........BOTH OF THOSE SCORES IN ENSWORTH'S FAVOR WERE SIMILAR MARGAINS OF VICTORY..........COINCIDENCE????? dry.gif

The simple math in all of these cases proves that Maryville, Riverdale, & Ensworth are ALL very similar football teams. The common scores from all of those games have the EXACT SAME margains of victory. That proves the fact!

Alcoa beat Maryville senseless (without throwing the football). They could do the exact same to Riverdale & Ensworth if they played either of them. Just look at the stats I have given from common games to get your answer folks..........ALCOA IS THE BEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE STATE!!!!!

All of the score comparisons are very interesting - math and all- and compelling, but it doesn't change the fact that Alcoa is not the best team in the state.

Memphis University School, however, is. Since you are into math, add this up:

MUS beat South Panola High at Soth Panola - telivised on ESPNU. Why would ESPNU televise the game? Simply because SP has had 23 players from their team play in the SEC, ACC, BIG TEN, Or Big 12 in the last 7 years. We aren't talking just D-1, we are talking the best of the best. They had not lost a game at home since 2001, and have been ranked as high as 7th in the entire country. MUS broke that streak.

Then, Olive Branch, Mississippi's second best 6A team, who has 4 SEC commits already this year got beat by MUS at Olive Branch 2 weeks later.

MUS has the state's best QB, and 2 RB's who's offer list is ridiculous. They play in a stadium that would make many small colleges jealous and destroy everyone that comes to visit.

Now, frankly, I don't like MUS. They recruit like crazy and it starts in the 7th grade. So, I'm not MUS homering at all. But, Alcoa would be a 20 point loser to them. Be happy that you will probably win another state title and quit claiming what you can't back up.

All of the score comparisons are very interesting - math and all- and compelling, but it doesn't change the fact that Alcoa is not the best team in the state.

MUS beat South Panola High at Soth Panola - telivised on ESPNU. Why would ESPNU televise the game? Simply because SP has had 23 players from their team play in the SEC, ACC, BIG TEN, Or Big 12 in the last 7 years. We aren't talking just D-1, we are talking the best of the best. They had not lost a game at home since 2001, and have been ranked as high as 7th in the entire country. MUS broke that streak.

Then, Olive Branch, Mississippi's second best 6A team, who has 4 SEC commits already this year got beat by MUS at Olive Branch 2 weeks later.

MUS has the state's best QB, and 2 RB's who's offer list is ridiculous. They play in a stadium that would make many small colleges jealous and destroy everyone that comes to visit.

Now, frankly, I don't like MUS. They recruit like crazy and it starts in the 7th grade. So, I'm not MUS homering at all. But, Alcoa would be a 20 point loser to them. Be happy that you will probably win another state title and quit claiming what you can't back up.

Well you can not back up MUS would beat Alcoa....so you quit claiming too. Since the game will not happen, try out Cal preps for size.........Compare Alcoa, MUS, Ensworth, South Panola, and Olive Branch! :hungry: You'll be surprised what it shows.........and I guarantee they have it figured out better than you. :blush:

Well you can not back up MUS would beat Alcoa....so you quit claiming too. Since the game will not happen, try out Cal preps for size.........Compare Alcoa, MUS, Ensworth, South Panola, and Olive Branch! B) You'll be surprised what it shows.........and I guarantee they have it figured out better than you. :hungry:

I agree, they do. Thanks for the idea.

Let's see they got MUS #1 in the state and Alcoa #3

They have MUS 23rd in the country and Alcoa not ranked in the top 25.

Great point, thanks! :blush:B):?:

I know everyone wants to get a gold ball, but the way everyone thinks is that the better teams are in the higher classifications. Personally I think Alcoa is one of the best 3 or 4 teams in the state with the way they played Maryville the #2 team in 6a. Now to the sad truth, if Alcoa wants to be considered the best team in the state they need to play up. Obviously they aren't going to win as many gold balls but atleast they will be competing with teams of their on caliber and they will know how good they actually are. Maryville has been facing this question for years and chose not to move up thus we will never know if they were the best in the state. This is in no way a slam on these teams because you do what you think is best for your team. As far as MUS or MBA or any of the private schools, you have huge advantages over most public schools with what you offer and im not talking about education wise because i have seen the "recruiting process" first hand.

I've seen Alcoa at it's best against Maryville. I've seen MUS play a not-so-good first half and a great second half against Christian Brothers. I've seen 'em both this year. There's no doubt about it that MUS is better than Alcoa. MUS is deeper, quicker and better overall than Alcoa. If Alcoa and MUS were to play, I'd predict MUS to win anywhere from 17-21 points. Picture Pat White (former West Virginia QB) playing QB at the high school level. That's what you have in the MUS QB, Barry Brunetti. You think Jaron Toney is great? MUS has 2 Jaron Toney's standing back there with Barry Brunetti on some plays. MUS is the best team in the state and Ensworth is second best in the state.