1A Playoffs. TSSAA got it wrong.

croz6110

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you that think TSSAA will fix the Brackets :lol: Don't hold your breath. Its TSSAA! :thumb: Get it Right TSSAA!!!!!!!!! :roflol:

The only way to get this right is to go to a different system. I know we are stuck with the system in place now. The T$$AA needed to see these issues coming. This is my first year in Tennessee but in the other two states I have been in, the district champion and runner up make the playoffs. The T$$AA had good intentions with combining classes to reduce travel expenses, but this is nuts! We need to go to districts that have one classification.

If this system continues, schools will begin to load their schedules with as many poor teams as possible in order to qualify for a wild card if they cannot compete in their assigned district.

Well if Monterey is an automatic, then why are they a 6 seed... make NO sense

I think everyone in our quad ended up being automatic qualifiers.

Still, no one can explain why Gordonsville is a 3 seed.

Heck of a good point Croz. Maybe when the brackets are re-released Gville will get the respect they deserve.

MTCS finished 3rd in their district standings, Gordonsville is 4th. Based on higher district finish, MTCS is seeded higher.

MTCS finished 3rd in their district standings, Gordonsville is 4th. Based on higher district finish, MTCS is seeded higher.

Yeah, but dog gone look at who Gville had to play. They were penalized for losing to some 2A powerhouses.

They write the rules as they go I guess........... Again I say Middle Tennessee Christian finishing higher in their region is an unbelievable way to rank them and is stated NO PLACE as the criteria! Talk about apples and oranges! Try Trousdale County, Friendship and Watertown on for size. It will be hard for a 1-A to finihs much higher in this mega-region. Some allowances should be made for Regions over Districts, as there are a lot more teams in the Regions. Nothing about this system is equal. Maybe the schools saved a few bucks on gas, is it worth it?

The way I understood it, when determining the seeding, if two teams both were the highest 1A teams in their district, the same rules as wild card determination would apply. So, overall record would count first. But if the district finish is the case, Gville is getting shafted for having to play in a region instead of a district.