1A Playoffs. TSSAA got it wrong.

croz6110

First off I am an MTCS fan, that being said I really do not understand the playoffs.

My quad was:

1- South Pitt

2- Gordonsville

3- MTCS

4- Clay Co

5- Lookout Valley

6- Cornersville (With Eagleville going to Quad 3 to split up the 4 teams from one district)

Clay Co. is an automatic qualifier and is not in the playoffs, that makes no sense.

Monterey would still be in, but as a Wild Card and I think they would got East to replace Sunbright, who shouldn't be in.

TSSAA has to explain their picks, because an automatic qualifier should not be left out.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather them have Brant Douglas instead of Murphy Fair.

But, IMO, Clay Co. getting hosed on the playoffs is inexcusable.

Thank you for the support Croz. This old Clay Co. fan is flabergasted right now. Sure we're not great, and have been playing some sorry ball, but by rights our boys should be in the playoffs. If this isn't corrected it will be a crying shame. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the tie-breaker I don't know. If two teams finish with the same district/region record then the head to head winner advances, I thought.

I sometimes wonder if Murphy has ever wandered west of I-65 in any class of football.

I can "vouch" for the guru...Davidson Academy is west of I-65, and I saw him with my own eyes this past week 0 for DA vs. Cascade. :blush:

I wrote that with a very high amont of sarcasm. dry.gif

Thank you for the support Croz. This old Clay Co. fan is flabergasted right now. Sure we're not great, and have been playing some sorry ball, but by rights our boys should be in the playoffs. If this isn't corrected it will be a crying shame. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the tie-breaker I don't know. If two teams finish with the same district/region record then the head to head winner advances, I thought.

Out of the 1A teams in our region, clay only lost to Gordonsville, so they should be second and an automatic qualifier.

what about the west quad in class A , I never heard anything. This system is a joke, although my team got in probally because of it , its about $$ for the T$$AA thanks Ronnie Carter for pushing it and then retiring and leaving the mess in someone elses lap. High school football is already exciting without this dog and pony $how, shame on the T$$AA , 8 STATE CHAMPS awarded in football is a joke , lets hope this system will be done away after next re-classification period.Is it 2 or 4 years of this system.

I took a look at those wildcard standings. Clay County should be in the playoffs and Sunbright should be out. I bet the TSSAA will get this corrected. They set the tie breaker rules and its pretty self explanatory. I would say Sunbright already knows the call from the TSSAA will be coming to tell them they are out.

That will be awful disappointing to Sunbright, especially since they're going to win the state championship. :blush:

Out of the 1A teams in our region, clay only lost to Gordonsville, so they should be second and an automatic qualifier.

A former TSSAA official has told me that the playoffs are based on your final region standings, and then tie breakers are based on overall record rather than head to head. At least for Clay County anyway.

Straight from TSSAA website.

Region 4 Class 1A

Gordonsville Automatic qualifier

Monterey If Monterey wins they are an automatic qualifier, otherwise they may only qualify as a wild card.

Clay County If Friendship Christian wins they are an automatic qualifier, otherwise they may only qualify as a wild card.

Red Boiling Springs May only qualify as a wild card

Pickett County May only qualify as a wild card

Well, Monterey didn't win and FCS did....so TSSAA says Clay is the automatic qualifier. Its right there in Black & White.

im glad were not the only ones seeing red this morning this is the biggest load of crap ive ever seen anybody with common sence can see clay should be in to the fact tssaa will get this fixed you have way more faith than me finally got to talk to maxfield and as you would think he is shocked he said he is tring to get a hold of someone but the tssaa is closed and cant get a hold of them i just cant belive what there doing to clay like boarhead said maybe clay isnt the best 1a team in the state but fair is fair they earned the playoffs