1A football - top 3 teams and why

flip96

Here are my top 3 teams in 1A. This is based on many things like past performance, current year, etc...

1: Ezell Harding - As the saying goes "to be the man you have to beat the man" (I hate that saying but its true). They are last years state champs and they didn't lose many players. Very sound ball club but at this time may be a little over confident. Look for them to be in the championship again.

2: Cloudland - Last year's state runner-up. Cloudland lost the likes of great players K. Buchanan and Hicks, but Cloudland is reloading not reuilding. With Byrd and Benfield as two of the top backs in East Tennessee, they are a threat that you must contain.

3: Boyd Buchanan - They come from what many believe is the toughest region in 1A. They must get through South Pittsburg (which will be tough but should win). They are a quick and strong ball club. Look for them to make it deep into the playoffs.

Who are your 3 top teams and why?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ezell- defending champs, one of the fastest, most physical defenses in 1a, can score as many points as they need.

USJ- deserved the BCB over Cloudland last year, tough break in the brackets. Already proved they're for real with wins over alway tough CPA and Bruceton. Well coached.

Collinwood- didn't lost much from a team that ran into the eventual champs in the quarters. Ward and Victory are a great combo on offense and defense.

One a side note, how can Boyd's region possibly be the toughest in 1a? Explain that?

In my opinion the top three teams in 1A are probably Ezell Harding, C.P.A. and U.S.J. I know C.P.A. is 0-3 but you have to look at who beat them and what the scores were. They lost by a touchdown or less to U.S.J., Goodpasture, and Ezell. They will finish the season 7-3 or 6-4 and they will go deep into the playoffs until they have a rematch with Ezell. Mark it down that you heard it here first. Those three teams are my top 3 teams. Alot of the reason they are so good is they recruit really well too. My second 3 teams in 1A would be Boyd Buchanan, South Pittsburg, and Cloudland. I think these 6 teams are the best 6 teams 1A has to offer.

Posted by Rebelwithoutapplause:

I beleive they lost by more than a touchdown to USJ, not a touchdown or less . Final score USJ 20 --CPA 10. Sorry just wanted to set the record straight.

believe. It is "i" before "e" except after "c" or when followed by "g" as in "neighbor" and "weigh". I can't type or spell but I can use Spell Check.

Yes, it was USJ 20 and CPA 10.

Right now, I would not put CPA in the top 3 either.

I would have to agree that until Ezell gets beat then they are still the number one team. Boyd Buchanan gets my second vote. They have beat 2 4A teams and havent been scored on it 10 quarters. By the way Boyd Travels to Ezell next week, both teams should be undefeated and this may be your preview to the 1A state championship game! My third goes to Cloudland, they were state runner ups and until the lose they should be a top team. Collinwood shoouldnt be in the top three from what I saw. I know that scrimmages arent always an exact of how good a team is or isnt but Boyd put it to them in August by a score of 6-2 and one score was on the second team Db's.

Ihave to agree with Flip 96 in a way,about YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE MAN TO BE THE MAN.I do and i dont

Collinwood:all around speed and Strength,we are very hungry

Ezell:well coached and players are willing to play.

DCA:are all around solid and have a pretty good QB

Oh yeah, about cloudland they play weak teams.

ok, i started this thread of messages in hopes of getting replys from a neutral point of view. From the other posts I have read it seems that most are not getting the point! When I ask why, i didn't mean for answers like: Ezell Harding is the best because they can score as much as they need (paraphrased). If you can't reply with giving good answers, then don't reply.

Posted by RealGoEagles:

Ezell- defending champs, one of the fastest, most physical defenses in 1a, can score as many points as they need.

USJ- deserved the BCB over Cloudland last year, tough break in the brackets. Already proved they're for real with wins over alway tough CPA and Bruceton. Well coached.

Collinwood- didn't lost much from a team that ran into the eventual champs in the quarters. Ward and Victory are a great combo on offense and defense.

One a side note, how can Boyd's region possibly be the toughest in 1a? Explain that?

I didn't say that Boyd Buchanan's region is the toughest, I said some people say it is. I am niether a Boyd or Ezell fan, which I don't dislike them either, but they play on the 27th and it should be a great ball game. Whoever wins that game will be the overall best team in 1A as of mid-season. I think overall, Cloudland has the best chance to make it though the end. Granted they have a easier schedule than most, but they have to travel to Powell Valley who has speed, strength, and one of the better defense's in 1A. I know this from seeing them play Knox Central in camp. Knox Central is a top 5 4A team and Powell Valley only allowed 12 yards in a 15 play scrimmage.