LOUDON @ ALCOA II

footballmomtn

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprissed by the Loudon team last week at Polk. The o and d line were very big and were able to dominate the polk d. The running back was able to get 3-4 yrds every time nearly they were running down hill. That being said Loudon took Polks offense out early by shutting down running game forcing Polk to throw more in the first half than the normally do in 2 games. I believe the two stops on 4th and short is what allowed Loudon to win if those two plays would have went different it would have been a different game. However, I believe Loudon was the better team last Friday. The Qb is big and quick that was one of the things that surprised me; he looked like he would be dead in the water and then he would just outrun Polk to the corner and get positive yardage.

I am pulling for Loudon and was impressed so much with them I am going to come and watch them tomorrow night. Also, i want to see how good Alcoa really is I have never seen them play in person. Will there be tickets available? Any trouble getting in if one arrives at say 6 615?

Good Luck Loudon. :roll:

My prediction based on Schedules and Scores and my own opinions.. Just an instinctive feeling I got about this one

Alcoa escapes in OT 28-21

:oops::roll::roll:

Can't go by "schedules & scores" when you don't know underlying factors. Loudon doesn't get the advantage of a shortened 1st quarter tonight. Both teams have gotten better during the season (what team hasn't?). Loudon may come in thinking they can win because of the win last week, but as said earlier: "Polk is no Alcoa".

Alcoa rolls in this one!

I sure hope it is not 56 -7. I would like to think with the way we have played defense all year, it wouldn't be easy for anyone to hang "50" on us.

If you play it on paper, Alcoa wins easily, I guess we are fortunate, the game isn't played on paper. We will match up with them in the trenches, they do have more speed and playmakers than Loudon.

Loudon is playing pretty well right now, but Alcoa is Alcoa............So by us playing tonight, at least we have a "shot". Who knows, a break here and a break there...........maybe a couple of more breaks.....Effort from Loudon doesn't concern me, we will be physical and play hard, hopefully Loudon brings there "A" game and executes, so all of us fans can enjoy a good ballgame. I hope all have a safe trip to the game tonight and I hope it is a good one.

Here is to an injury free game for both sides. Regardless of the outcome tonight, I will be pulling for our Region to win the state.............

I sure hope it is not 56 -7. I would like to think with the way we have played defense all year, it wouldn't be easy for anyone to hang "50" on us.

If you play it on paper, Alcoa wins easily, I guess we are fortunate, the game isn't played on paper. We will match up with them in the trenches, they do have more speed and playmakers than Loudon.

Loudon is playing pretty well right now, but Alcoa is Alcoa............So by us playing tonight, at least we have a "shot". Who knows, a break here and a break there...........maybe a couple of more breaks.....Effort from Loudon doesn't concern me, we will be physical and play hard, hopefully Loudon brings there "A" game and executes, so all of us fans can enjoy a good ballgame. I hope all have a safe trip to the game tonight and I hope it is a good one.

Here is to an injury free game for both sides. Regardless of the outcome tonight, I will be pulling for our Region to win the state.............

Loudon isn't just good in the trenches, they are excellent. Big and physical. IMO, Alcoa scores 28 points tops.................BUT holds the redskins to less than 14 points.

Loudon Fans......Have a safe trip up! :thumb:

I was surprissed by the Loudon team last week at Polk. The o and d line were very big and were able to dominate the polk d. The running back was able to get 3-4 yrds every time nearly they were running down hill. That being said Loudon took Polks offense out early by shutting down running game forcing Polk to throw more in the first half than the normally do in 2 games. I believe the two stops on 4th and short is what allowed Loudon to win if those two plays would have went different it would have been a different game. However, I believe Loudon was the better team last Friday. The Qb is big and quick that was one of the things that surprised me; he looked like he would be dead in the water and then he would just outrun Polk to the corner and get positive yardage.

I am pulling for Loudon and was impressed so much with them I am going to come and watch them tomorrow night. Also, i want to see how good Alcoa really is I have never seen them play in person. Will there be tickets available? Any trouble getting in if one arrives at say 6 615?

Good Luck Loudon. :thumb:

And Imagine, CAK beats Loudon 24-0 and fumbled 31-0 through end zone...This is the toughest district as evidenced by all teams dominance of out of district play. CAK beats Elizabethton at Elizabethton, Loudon goes to Polk and wins easily, Alcoa beats everyone. Once again, G-P proved to be a pretender in a week district. A-E trounced this year and CAK beat badly last year.

Good Luck Loudon. :thumb:

I doubt you will have trouble getting a seat at 6:00/6:15, particularly with the Maryville-Farragut game going on a couple of miles away. Blount County fans not aligned with Maryville or Alcoa are more likely to go to the Maryville game because of the tremendous buildup for that game.

Typically, the only SRO games at Alcoa are the Maryville-Alcoa games every two years. Even at the CAK-Alcoa game last week, there were several empty seats on the visitor's side.

My prediction based on Schedules and Scores and my own opinions.. Just an instinctive feeling I got about this one

thank you for having a little faith in Loudon SEC! I know from talking to some of the redskin boys, including my son, that they are not going down without a fight this time! Loudon has always let the F5 intimidate them in the past. But IMO what is going to surprise everyone is the fearless determintation the redskins are taking into this game with them.

I am praying for a safe ballgame, with no serious injuries, although I know its going to be a hard hitting game. I know that a few of the redskins are playing tonight with injuries, I just hope it doesnt hinder their determination :thumb:

At any rate, I am looking forward to watching a great ballgame tonight! Big crowd, fun atmosphere.

Good luck to all!

GO BIG RED!!

:thumb::thumb::roflolk:

Can't go by "schedules & scores" when you don't know underlying factors. Loudon doesn't get the advantage of a shortened 1st quarter tonight. Both teams have gotten better during the season (what team hasn't?). Loudon may come in thinking they can win because of the win last week, but as said earlier: "Polk is no Alcoa".

Alcoa rolls in this one!

I don't recall seeing anyone say "Polk IS an Alcoa"??

We will see who "rolls" becuz I dont see either team "rolling" anywhere! I sincerely hope that those Alcoa fans 9u know who u are), that have so little respect for Loudon, walk away tonight with a lot more than they arrived with!

Win or lose these redskins deserve that from you and I think they are coming prepared to earn it! :thumb:

And in Polks defense...they had an awesome season! up until last week, they were undefeated...just like you. I think that the Polk fans have every right to boast and be proud of their team! Just as Alcoa does. . . . so maybe in comparison Polk cannot compare to Alcoa.......but let it rest! It amazes me to see how many of you get on here and dog a team instead of congratulating them on a great season. Try to remember...whether u are a parent of a player, a player, or just a fan.....ANY TEAM CAN LOSE AT ANY GIVEN TIME........it's NEVER IF....BUT WHEN! You may be big...but there is Always someone bigger. off my soapbox now :wacko: I just hate seeing all the sour sportsmanship on here.