South Pittsburg AT Grace Christian

powerp

Fellers Old Pirate says the seniors have earned respect and will continue to build their legacy thru the playoffs. The SEC issue of why our players don't usually get recruited by major schools sometimes appears unfair and bias. However players have to have grades, size, speed and strength. The 08 seniors were dedicated in the weight room and some ran track to develop speed. The point is this, everyone has weaknesses and major schools tend to overlook 1A players with any. Now as for pointing out what is obvious weaknesses, that does not display disrespect. Take J. Blevins, he has consistantly out played his defensive teammates all year. If he had size................like J.Fennell, B. Mitchell, R. Robinson or S. Boles folkes would be a calling for sure and checking for grades. Now this smoke about key players gitting double teamed........don't wash with this OP. Fact is everyone in the house knows T.Rob is the offensive switch man and J.Blevins is the defensive player most all attempt to neutralize. Point is at the 1A level, yous better be "The Man" and have all the key items if large schools are to strongly recruit.

OP, if ya'll got some deserving Pirates that D1 isn't looking at we have this little place here in McKenzie called Bethel University that is in rebuilding mode at the moment but, playing for a national championship 2 and 3 years ago. Need some good kids to help get back to the top. They were one win from a conference title this season in NAIA. And yes, some of the better players get looks to play on Sunday after..................

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed most of the day from being on here due to a virus that infected my computer this morning after linking to a picture of the Union City Football Facility. CoachT's beware!! It was called Anitivirus System Pro and it took all day for me to isolate it then delete it.

Now back to the game......ORANGE AND BLACK FRIDAY IS TOMORROW!! The Pirate Ship is ready to set sail.....Rams beware!!

We need the whole town to show up and support our PIRATES. We need to prove who is the best 1A team in the state and that we have the best fans. It is 43 degrees here in Knoxville right now with a pretty good breeze blowing. It should be the same around game time tomorrow night. We went to Wal-Mart today all decked out in our Pirate gear but we didn't see any Rams out and about.

I rode by that football practice place today at 4 oclock and nobody was their. Let me ask you a question. Did Grider not make those boys practice today and lift weights? If he didnt we are in trouble because we will not be strong tomorrow night and wont be able to knock a hole for the runners to run through. I was wanting to ask Grider what time is greyhound bus was leaving. I called the school all day but got nothing but a voice mail. Nobody ever returned my messages. This is a bunch of mess. You think Im joking cause Im not. My doctor appointment tomorrow should not take to long, so I should be able to make it back to get on Griders greyhound.

Hey goober Roy listen up a minute. The school probably didn't call you back because it's Thanksgiving day. I don't care what your book said about this game. Books don't always tell the whole story about a particular game. This game could be the upset special if South Pitt isn't very, very careful. An 11-1 football team is a good football team. Goodluck to everyone on Friday night.

Missed most of the day from being on here due to a virus that infected my computer this morning after linking to a picture of the Union City Football Facility. CoachT's beware!! It was called Anitivirus System Pro and it took all day for me to isolate it then delete it.

Now back to the game......ORANGE AND BLACK FRIDAY IS TOMORROW!! The Pirate Ship is ready to set sail.....Rams beware!!

I've always heard those Union City boys are sneaky. :roflolk: Have a safe trip up PirateTom.

TO ALL PIRATE FANS MAKING THE TRIP:

1. Don't use the Ball Camp road directions. Use the directions I gave in a previous post.

2. STAY WITHIN THE SPEED LIMITS when you get close to Knoxville. The police departments were on the news and have stepped up patrols to catch speeders this weekend.

3. Have a safe trip, dress warm. Should be around 40 degrees with a 10mph breeze....COLD.

lf the stands are small then all the seats on the home side should be filled with orange and black.come on pirates get to ktown and pack both sides and support our team/tssaa should not let a game like this be played at a place with no seats/how intimidating it would be to have people on both sides cheering

I'm surprised hosts aren't ordered to find an alternate site, as would happen in basketball. There are clearly many schools around Knoxville not playing football Friday which could host, plus there would probably be a lot of fans from other local schools show up to watch.

I've always heard those Union City boys are sneaky. :roflolk: Have a safe trip up PirateTom.

TO ALL PIRATE FANS MAKING THE TRIP:

1. Don't use the Ball Camp road directions. Use the directions I gave in a previous post.

2. STAY WITHIN THE SPEED LIMITS when you get close to Knoxville. The police departments were on the news and have stepped up patrols to catch speeders this weekend.

3. Have a safe trip, dress warm. Should be around 40 degrees with a 10mph breeze....COLD.

Thanks silverandblue09, if all Grace Christian Fans are like you this will be a great trip. I hope we win, but even if it's by 1 point...I'm not wishing one team embarrasses the other. Thank God for all our Blessings and Go Pirates!!

Hey goober Roy listen up a minute. The school probably didn't call you back because it's Thanksgiving day. I don't care what your book said about this game. Books don't always tell the whole story about a particular game. This game could be the upset special if South Pitt isn't very, very careful. An 11-1 football team is a good football team. Goodluck to everyone on Friday night.

Roy should have read in his book about what time the bus was leaving, Roy don't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed ,byt he is a great reader. I just hope the Grace people will give him some hot water for his cocoa. He'd be a nervous wreak without it.