ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

BY GEORGE I'VE FIGURED IT ALL OUT!!!

This West vs. East thing goes back to the 1860's. Yep the Civil war....When the East wanted to stay in the Union...and the West wanted to secede. Tennessee finally left the union.....But the East has been bitter ever since! That's why they hate the West so much!! HAHAHA

I mean this comically of course, but....it might explain the whole separation of East and West better!

The west wanted to "succeed" :roflol::popcorneater: It was secede..... :roflol:

darn iPhone auto correct......oh well I fixed it so laugh it up! :lol:

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This West vs. East thing goes back to the 1860's. Yep the Civil war....When the East wanted to stay in the Union...and the West wanted to secede. Tennessee finally left the union.....But the East has been bitter ever since! That's why they hate the West so much!! HAHAHA

I mean this comically of course, but....it might explain the whole separation of East and West better!

Sorry to go off topic BullDawgGirl03, I love TN history........your a little right and a little wrong. West was for the majority pro secession , but had areas that were both neutral and pro union. Likewise, the east had neutral (Blount County) and pro union areas (Knoxville area)......But, some areas of east TN, was for secession. Upper east TN and Chattanooga area where strong holds for the confederacy.

Hate west TN?............it's cause West TN is too flat for us hillbillies! :popcorneater:

I didn't say they would beat you. I asked you to give us something to show that they wouldn't beat you.

Again my point is missed. Even though I throw out stats, it proves nothing one way or another, but I will so you will feel better. In 14 games this year, Milan has given up 140 points. That is 10 points a game. We have scored 549 points in 14 games. That is 39.2 points per game. Our weakness if we have one, is against the passing game. However, I believe of all these teams we are talking about, all are run 1st teams. Against the run Milan gave up 1511 rushing yards on 434 attempts. That is just over 3 yards per carry that we are giving up. Milan is also 28-1 in the last 2 years. Our average margin of victory is 29 points.

Shows you don't know CAK, they are a pass oriented offense.

Sorry to go off topic BullDawgGirl03, I love TN history........your a little right and a little wrong. West was for the majority pro secession , but had areas that were both neutral and pro union. Likewise, the east had neutral (Blount County) and pro union areas (Knoxville area)......But, some areas of east TN, was for secession. Upper east TN and Chattanooga area where strong holds for the confederacy.

Hate west TN?............it's cause West TN is too flat for us hillbillies! :popcorneater:

Hm....I thought it was mainly because there aren't alot of places for StarsNBars to hide his Moonshine!

I believe there is one area which most of us on both sides have in common. We are pretty rabid Vol fans. I suspect there are alot on both sides that don't understand why several of the players on both sides of the ball are not recruited by UT. Just look how hard each plays for their respective home schools. I would think that UT would want some of our home grown talent. It is a shame that players from Milan and Alcoa have to leave the state to play on the same team at the next level. I personally believe they would play harder than out of state players and be less likely to get into trouble. In the past there have been several players from Milan that have been fairly successful at UT. Yet it seems as though they are hardly ever recruited by UT anymore. Just wonder what is the sentiment in K'town's back yard. Do you think things will be different with Kiff. at the helm?

I believe there is one area which most of us on both sides have in common. We are pretty rabid Vol fans. I suspect there are alot on both sides that don't understand why several of the players on both sides of the ball are not recruited by UT. Just look how hard each plays for their respective home schools. I would think that UT would want some of our home grown talent. It is a shame that players from Milan and Alcoa have to leave the state to play on the same team at the next level. I personally believe they would play harder than out of state players and be less likely to get into trouble. In the past there have been several players from Milan that have been fairly successful at UT. Yet it seems as though they are hardly ever recruited by UT anymore. Just wonder what is the sentiment in K'town's back yard. Do you think things will be different with Kiff. at the helm?

No............ :roflol: