ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could be in Cookeville to watch this game. I've never seen Milan play, but I've seen plenty of Alcoa. First, I want to say to all the Milan fans that I don't believe it was CAK or Loudon fans getting on here and saying they would beat Milan. I believe it was our fellow district comrades from Alcoa that was making that point. I believe they are qualified to discuss the topic since they have played all teams involved in the discussion. I believe their point is simply that district 4 is the toughest in the state in 3A, and that along with other teams such as Maryville, Fulton, McMinn Central, and Bell Co., Alcoa is better prepared for this game than Milan's schedule has prepared them. I apologize to any Alcoa & Milan fans who may have gotten the impression that CAK fans would get on your thread and hijack it. The attention should be focused on Alcoa & Milan, the two teams who have made it to the "ship". Congratulations to both :thumb: . I'm sure Milan is very good and deserving. Second, thanks to all the Alcoa fans that made such complimentary posts about CAK (and Loudon too). Thats pretty big of you, especially in light of the fact that we play each other every year and we're trying so hard to take that crown away from you. I know there is a genuine respect from us CAK fans towards Alcoa and your total program. It's one thing to win a bunch of games in a season, it's an entirely different thing to win so consistantly and with such class. You raise the bar very very high, and it certainly has made us a better team by trying to get to your level. Finally, a poster many pages back wished out loud about having a East vs West football tourny with Milan, Camden & Manassas vs. Alcoa, CAK & Loudon. WOW! What fun that would be. The money could go to charity. That could be the start of something really special. I'm sure some other very good teams would like to get into that rotation as well I'm sure. Unfortunately, we all know that will never happen.

At any rate, it is almost time. Good luck to both teams. Represent your schools, family, and communities well and have safe travels. I'll catch it on tv I guess. GO TORNADOES. I look for a good game, but I believe it will be just too much Alcoa in the end.

Wish I could be in Cookeville to watch this game. I've never seen Milan play, but I've seen plenty of Alcoa. First, I want to say to all the Milan fans that I don't believe it was CAK or Loudon fans getting on here and saying they would beat Milan. I believe it was our fellow district comrades from Alcoa that was making that point. I believe they are qualified to discuss the topic since they have played all teams involved in the discussion. I believe their point is simply that district 4 is the toughest in the state in 3A, and that along with other teams such as Maryville, Fulton, McMinn Central, and Bell Co., Alcoa is better prepared for this game than Milan's schedule has prepared them. I apologize to any Alcoa & Milan fans who may have gotten the impression that CAK fans would get on your thread and hijack it. The attention should be focused on Alcoa & Milan, the two teams who have made it to the "ship". Congratulations to both :thumb: . I'm sure Milan is very good and deserving. Second, thanks to all the Alcoa fans that made such complimentary posts about CAK (and Loudon too). Thats pretty big of you, especially in light of the fact that we play each other every year and we're trying so hard to take that crown away from you. I know there is a genuine respect from us CAK fans towards Alcoa and your total program. It's one thing to win a bunch of games in a season, it's an entirely different thing to win so consistantly and with such class. You raise the bar very very high, and it certainly has made us a better team by trying to get to your level. Finally, a poster many pages back wished out loud about having a East vs West football tourny with Milan, Camden & Manassas vs. Alcoa, CAK & Loudon. WOW! What fun that would be. The money could go to charity. That could be the start of something really special. I'm sure some other very good teams would like to get into that rotation as well I'm sure. Unfortunately, we all know that will never happen.

At any rate, it is almost time. Good luck to both teams. Represent your schools, family, and communities well and have safe travels. I'll catch it on tv I guess. GO TORNADOES. I look for a good game, but I believe it will be just too much Alcoa in the end.

Thank you Footballdad and it was me that brought up Loudon an CAK on this thread. About got beat to death for my statement but after all, there are many "opinions" on this site. My intention was to recognize both teams for the contributions they have made to high school football in the east and I stand by my statements. Boys on each of those teams have worked very hard to be where they are and I, for one, do not take that for granted. You represent your team, school and community very well.

Let me take this opportunity to also recognize the Milan team. These kids have also worked hard to get where they are and I do not take them for granted either. Safe travels, good sportsmanship and an excellent game between the best in the east and the best in the west.

Something for the Alcoa players:

Play well but fairly.

Let competition make you strong but never hostile.

In this and in all things, walk the virtuous path.

If you know victory, know happiness;

If you are denied, keep away from envy.

I want to see you when you are not cheered, but when you bend to help your opponent up.

Seal it in your heart that everyone who takes the field with you becomes your brother.

Remember that sports are games.

Learn something that will matter once the games are over.

And if through athletics you set an example - let it be a good one.

Play your best and know that your fans support you win or lose. GO TORNADOES!!!!

How will 3A stack up next year. I would imagine Alcoa will be just as good. Milan is losing alot but they have alot of good but inexperienced players. McMinn Central is losing alot and it looks like a rebuilding year. York? Camden? CAK? Loudon? Polk? Betsy?AE? SC? Any sleepers? This may make for a new thread but I thought we could at least put what we thought in this one.

Thank you Footballdad and it was me that brought up Loudon an CAK on this thread. About got beat to death for my statement but after all, there are many "opinions" on this site. My intention was to recognize both teams for the contributions they have made to high school football in the east and I stand by my statements. Boys on each of those teams have worked very hard to be where they are and I, for one, do not take that for granted. You represent your team, school and community very well.

Let me take this opportunity to also recognize the Milan team. These kids have also worked hard to get where they are and I do not take them for granted either. Safe travels, good sportsmanship and an excellent game between the best in the east and the best in the west.

;)

Something for the Alcoa players:

Play well but fairly.

Let competition make you strong but never hostile.

In this and in all things, walk the virtuous path.

If you know victory, know happiness;

If you are denied, keep away from envy.

I want to see you when you are not cheered, but when you bend to help your opponent up.

Seal it in your heart that everyone who takes the field with you becomes your brother.

Remember that sports are games.

Learn something that will matter once the games are over.

And if through athletics you set an example - let it be a good one.

Play your best and know that your fans support you win or lose. GO TORNADOES!!!!

Very nice, I'm going to give this to my son.

Well, it only took to page 66