Maryville vs. White Station 6A State Championship

Red Rebels

I haven't seen any Maryville fans say White Station doesn't stand a chance . We realize we're going up against a talented team that has peaked at the right time .

Gee , maybe this is that " trash " that I talked before the game Volunteercoach .... Maybe you just need to sleep it off .

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen any Maryville fans say White Station doesn't stand a chance . We realize we're going up against a talented team that has peaked at the right time .

Gee , maybe this is that " trash " that I talked before the game Volunteercoach .... Maybe you just need to sleep it off .

I would just like to say that the WSHS fans/Alums that I have talked to have nothing but respect and admiration for Maryville. Good night to all.

What an upset!

The boy from WS was on fire,

Congradulations to both teams

I dont honestly think that anyone can say who would beat who on a given night. I watched alot of football this year. I did not see Maryville play until the championship game. I did see White Station play and I watched Riverdale, Oakland, Brentwood, MUS and Christian Brothers. That being said I figured that Maryville would win this game. I was trying to compare teams versus other teams based on who I had seen. That is my point. YOU JUST CANT DO THAT!!!

Its why we love the game. You just never know!!!!

Congrats to both teams. It was really fun to watch.

White Station's QB and his offense was nothing short of a circus act. Good grief...I thought Fran Tarkenton was long forgotten. Maryville had no defense whatsoever. How can you be in the state title game with a D that bad. I was pulling for Maryville. And being from Sulivan South I was in awe for the 54 on the back of their helmets. Thanks for the respect GQ.

White Station's QB and his offense was nothing short of a circus act. Good grief...I thought Fran Tarkenton was long forgotten. Maryville had no defense whatsoever. How can you be in the state title game with a D that bad. I was pulling for Maryville. And being from Sulivan South I was in awe for the 54 on the back of their helmets. Thanks for the respect GQ.

I will agree with statement.I think THS and South could have played with White Station.WS QB

should of been sacked a dozen times by a good defense.Maryvilles QB did look good.

Tough loss for Greenville.They R lucky they didn't move up in classes.

I find myself very content that we have FINALLY reached this pinnacle! Yet I also find myself embarrassed because of some things being posted by certain WS fan(s)....I won't mention any names.

1st- one person mentioned if we played 9 more times, Maryville would win them. I'm not sure how you back that up considering WS won the only game we can base this on.

2nd- the officiating was fine. We had some calls go against us that took points off the board. But we've done that to ourselves all year.We get those false starts, holding, blocks in the back, etc from time to time. It's part of who we are, just as watching #4 and #11 dance around and make the big plays is also part of who we are.

3rd-I haven't noticed any trash talk before or after this game really....except from one WS fan(?)

Oh, one guy even thought thses were the 2 worst defenses he's seen.... Could it be he just saw 2 or the better offenses he's seen instead? WS didn't make their year with a shut down style defense. Their key to success has been the offense. The head coach designed the team to have a high octane offense, and he succeeded. He could have removed some of that offensive firepower, put some personnel on defense, and our defense might improve. But I'd say he knew what he was doing....

And Maryville....well, you don't need me to prop up your program. Just look at your history. Anyone in the state would love to have that kind of reputation!

Both teams should take immense pride in what they accomplished! Only 2 teams got this far in 6A, and while the scoreboard reflects the winner of the Gold Ball, the fact they were there reflects that they all worked hard and are winners! :flower:

No real comments on the game from me. White Station was the better team last night...we just did not have any answers for their overall speed and especially for #4...he was definitely a difference maker!

Congratulations to WS on a great season and on a great championship game! :flower:

Maryville players and coaches....

Thanks for a great year! You guys have worked hard and never gave up this entire season. This group will always be remembered by me as the team that improved more than any other through the season. Thank you seniors for you leadership...what you demonstrated this year will benefit Maryville football for the next 3 years of underclassmen. Thanks for all your hard work this year...you have made this community proud.

I find myself very content that we have FINALLY reached this pinnacle! Yet I also find myself embarrassed because of some things being posted by certain WS fan(s)....I won't mention any names.

1st- one person mentioned if we played 9 more times, Maryville would win them. I'm not sure how you back that up considering WS won the only game we can base this on.

2nd- the officiating was fine. We had some calls go against us that took points off the board. But we've done that to ourselves all year.We get those false starts, holding, blocks in the back, etc from time to time. It's part of who we are, just as watching #4 and #11 dance around and make the big plays is also part of who we are.

3rd-I haven't noticed any trash talk before or after this game really....except from one WS fan(?)

Oh, one guy even thought thses were the 2 worst defenses he's seen.... Could it be he just saw 2 or the better offenses he's seen instead? WS didn't make their year with a shut down style defense. Their key to success has been the offense. The head coach designed the team to have a high octane offense, and he succeeded. He could have removed some of that offensive firepower, put some personnel on defense, and our defense might improve. But I'd say he knew what he was doing....

And Maryville....well, you don't need me to prop up your program. Just look at your history. Anyone in the state would love to have that kind of reputation!

Both teams should take immense pride in what they accomplished! Only 2 teams got this far in 6A, and while the scoreboard reflects the winner of the Gold Ball, the fact they were there reflects that they all worked hard and are winners! :flower:

Great high school football fan!!! :roflol: