It is Very Fair for West Tennessee Teams to go to Cookeville

VolunteerCoach

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so typical of some people . . . . you would not be happy if you were hung with a new rope. Be grateful your team won the opportunity to travel to Cookeville. Quit whining! This is not a time to be negative, it's a time to celebrate & get behind your team that has worked hard to earn a trip to the State Championship! Good luck to all teams.

Well no, I would not be happy to be hung with a new rope.

But I am happy as heck to be traveling to Cookeville this year. WSHS has been knocking on this particular door a long time. Win or lose I am proud of these guys.

It will be no big deal for MUS as they will probably just take their Leer Jets to Cookeville, but for Union City, Milan, and White Station I think the extra milage is not fair to them. The playoffs should be in the Center of the State just like the State Capitol is. Why not play these games at Vanderbilt?

LEAR jets, like King Lear, not LEER. :bored: No actually they're too small. Would take a whole fleet of them. Too big a "carbon footprint." Al Gore is helping us rent Air Force One.

wow this is just to funny this topic should have ended on the first page

the TSSAA takes bids each year on where to have the championship cookville just happened to have the lowest bid this year so that's where it's at. if u want to complain about it why not call MTSU and complain to some1 who could actually do something about them lowering their bid for next year or it's just like some guys said just don't go instead of complaining and wasting a thread on here.. if enough people call up there they probably will lower their bid for next year and could get it which means equal driving distance for most every1 YAY.

This is really a silly thread. Life isn't always "fair", and sports are certainly not always "fair", either. If you want "fair", then socialize football and give everybody the same talent level and don't keep score and call everybody champions. Then you would have "fair".

To whine and complain about having to drive an extra 50 miles to play in or observe a state championship football game is about as petty as it gets. Anybody who wouldn't gladly drive that extra 50 miles to watch his or her team play for a gold ball isn't much of a supporter in the first place.

Sure, if my team is playing I will go anywhere to see them. Unfortunately, my team from upper West Tennessee has never made the finals. Being a big fan of high school football I would love to see the finals regardless of who is playing: I drove the 110 miles to Nashville almost every year that the championships were played there. I only made the trip to Murphreesboro once. I doubt that I will ever make the trip to Cookeville since I am now past 70 and that trip is a little too hard for me to make up and back. I wonder how many others are in similar positions.

Ok, next year let's move them to Jackson. Deal?

Jackson does not have a suitable facility to host a football championship. If they did, don't you think they would have bid for it as well? I'm to the opinion that it should move every 3 years. There are some great facilities and communities EXTREMELY capable of hosting this and other championship events. Jefferson City, Clarksville, Chattanooga, Murfreesboro, Nashville, Memphis, and Knoxville are all wonderful cities in which to host the championships.

Is there a single person on this thread who ACTUALLY feels that there is ONE TEAM who will strapped financially by making the trip to Tech? Please someone...name that team!! That's right....no one can..because it is a foolish myth!