1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to both teams on making it. I don't know anything about SP so I'll be going with UC and that power-house running back #27. Good luck to both teams on their travels and a injury free game.

Just wondering for a FF. How many kids do each of these schools have and how many usually want to play football...just wondering.

The 12 starting time will not be a problem for the SP faithful I can assure you because I know tons of people that marked December 4th as an off day during the last week in August because they believed we would be here and we are....We have a great backing...like no other in 1A....there is nothing in 1A close to a Friday night in South Pittsburg....Man its special......And to answer your question pegleg, If I am not mistaking I believe they said we had a around 5,000 or so fans against Mckenzie.....Its on the state championship tape but I forgot the exact total but I am pretty sure thats close maybe a few more :thumb: Lets strap it up and get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I guess when recruit your players , pay them to play, have sponsorsships with sportwear comapanies, your more less a private school and should be playing up. You are more less like a Jr. college from what I am told and you get the best that is out there.

I have always been told to watch out for those East Tennessee Folks.....might slip on in on you.

How are your kids grades....? Sounds like to me your school is all about football.

Let me just say this and take one from a Vanderbilt fan......You may beat us now but come later in life, our kids will be the doctors, lawyers, dentist to name a few and then you will have to come see them.

Football is not everythin at our school....we have state champs in Basketball, state finalist is baseball, track and band. Your season ends on Friday just like ours...one leaves with a Silver Ball, One leaves with a Gold ball....at least when we leave, we win with "Our" boys...not someone elses!!

Already making excuses for the butt-whipping you are about to receive come Friday. It is clearly obvious you know nothing about our tiny town in South Pittsburg and the tradition that Friday Night Football has brought to it. Tell you what, we will school you throughout the week, and then you can see first hand in Cookeville. Maybe all your so called "doctors, lawyers, and dentists" will lower their prices for us blue collar workers. Ever heard of a "Woodshed"?? Your about to be introduced to one!!

Well, I guess when recruit your players , pay them to play, have sponsorsships with sportwear comapanies, your more less a private school and should be playing up. You are more less like a Jr. college from what I am told and you get the best that is out there.

I have always been told to watch out for those East Tennessee Folks.....might slip on in on you.

How are your kids grades....? Sounds like to me your school is all about football.

Let me just say this and take one from a Vanderbilt fan......You may beat us now but come later in life, our kids will be the doctors, lawyers, dentist to name a few and then you will have to come see them.

Football is not everythin at our school....we have state champs in Basketball, state finalist is baseball, track and band. Your season ends on Friday just like ours...one leaves with a Silver Ball, One leaves with a Gold ball....at least when we leave, we win with "Our" boys...not someone elses!!

The above post is just ridiculous,especially the part about questioning the players grades and making it sound like all the South Pitt players where just dumb athletes that would amount to nothing in life. It's one thing to be arrogant,and talk some smack,but that really crossed the line.

Why do you constantly say things that are absurd? SP has turned out many doctors, lawyers, dentists and public office officials among others. SP wins with SP boys. SP is the school that has lost many athletes to another school in our county over the years. One thing is for sure about all of this though. You will know on Friday who your Ambassador is. The QB for SP was recruited by Vanderbilt for a very long time this season. If I am not mistaken he is tops in his class. Some IDIOT like yourself gets on here with diarrhea of the mouth spouting off about things that are so far from the truth, makes it difficult for anyone else to stomach. You need to watch your mouth saying things that are untrue. You are an IDIOT my friend and I am your AMBASSADOR!

that was on point, ambassador! :thumb:

that was a post worthy of a championship thread, that's you are ucdiditagain's AMBASSADOR :o

I do think that UC will give S. Pitt all they want and then some. I am pulling for the W. TN team, so I hope the Tornadoes can pull this one out. But....I dont see it happening. Sorry UC fans. I hope UC wins, but I just cant see them beating South Pitt.

well volfan007 old friend Im kinda glad you feel this way. I do appreciate your support. This is the general concensus though. Im simply refering to your previuos posts about how we wouldnt go far in the playoffs and here we are in the BIG GAME. Dude I only hope your intuition is wrong again. Im sorta pulling for ya on that LOL

Well Ive sat back and read all this sports jargin all I can. I feel like POpeye the Sailor " Ive had all I can stands and I cant stands no more". One thing is for sure about The Championship Game ... we know who we are playing The Mighty Pirates. A program that is known for a rich tradition of champions. One that is steeped in honor and quality players. One that most people would brag saying "SP only beat us by 4 TDs. We must be pretty good to hold em under 50 pts." WE KNOW YOU ARE THE GIANTS OF 1A. I love people who support their kids and are confident in thier abilities. Confidence is intoxicating. Its also a poisonous pill. Having said that......... Im not so sure that you know who you are playing. Our boys are some of the best kids Ive ever known. Regaurdless of what some of the WC posters think. Our guys have also known ,from the begiing of summer camp that they would be facing SP if they got to the BIG SHOW. I like our position . Popular opinion says we dont stand a chance. Many are hoping for revenge of sorts because we spanked them. We respect you ...... but......WE ARE NOT IN AWE OF YOU. If we win if could be said that it was a Cinderella victory. We will be there on the field you know. Not in the locker room. We will have our pads strapped on Tight ready to Give you all you want. I hear all the talk about lifgting weights during the season. What? do yall think you invented that concept? Our boys lift every single day right after a 3 hour practise too. This team is poised and dont get easily disturbed. They will hit you in the mouth and help you up off the ground when you fall. We have great coaches who know how to win and have won championships. Hungry Hungry Hungry. That's what we are. "The one who is most greatful to sit at the table is the one who best remembers hunger pains"(Steven Curtis Chapman) We will not be your buffet. Your all you can eat lunch. Your 5 dollar footlongs or any other description you want to put out there. We will be the most starving, striving, relentless bunch of wolves you've met all year. A word to the wise. The better the competition the better we play. We know we are in for the game of our lives. Do you? Strap it on Tornadoes . BigSwo's got your back. Im not limpin away from this and niether will you. Grind em up. They are only human.

Well Ive sat back and read all this sports jargin all I can. I feel like POpeye the Sailor " Ive had all I can stands and I cant stands no more". One thing is for sure about The Championship Game ... we know who we are playing The Mighty Pirates. A program that is known for a rich tradition of champions. One that is steeped in honor and quality players. One that most people would brag saying "SP only beat us by 4 TDs. We must be pretty good to hold em under 50 pts." WE KNOW YOU ARE THE GIANTS OF 1A. I love people who support their kids and are confident in thier abilities. Confidence is intoxicating. Its also a poisonous pill. Having said that......... Im not so sure that you know who you are playing. Our boys are some of the best kids Ive ever known. Regaurdless of what some of the WC posters think. Our guys have also known ,from the begiing of summer camp that they would be facing SP if they got to the BIG SHOW. I like our position . Popular opinion says we dont stand a chance. Many are hoping for revenge of sorts because we spanked them. We respect you ...... but......WE ARE NOT IN AWE OF YOU. If we win if could be said that it was a Cinderella victory. We will be there on the field you know. Not in the locker room. We will have our pads strapped on Tight ready to Give you all you want. I hear all the talk about lifgting weights during the season. What? do yall think you invented that concept? Our boys lift every single day right after a 3 hour practise too. This team is poised and dont get easily disturbed. They will hit you in the mouth and help you up off the ground when you fall. We have great coaches who know how to win and have won championships. Hungry Hungry Hungry. That's what we are. "The one who is most greatful to sit at the table is the one who best remembers hunger pains"(Steven Curtis Chapman) We will not be your buffet. Your all you can eat lunch. Your 5 dollar footlongs or any other description you want to put out there. We will be the most starving, striving, relentless bunch of wolves you've met all year. A word to the wise. The better the competition the better we play. We know we are in for the game of our lives. Do you? Strap it on Tornadoes . BigSwo's got your back. Im not limpin away from this and niether will you. Grind em up. They are only human.

It is good to see that not all UC fans are like the last one that posted ignorant info. We do not recruit. Our players are from families that have lived in SP for generations....that is why we have had good teams for so many years. Many SP graduates have gone on to professional careers.

UC has been to the title game several times without winning it all. Pirate fans that have been around awhile know how that feels.....we were runner-ups in 85 and 86. Since then, SP has gotten over the hump with championships in 1994, 1999, and 2007. I know that UC is hungry, but these Pirates are too. We were picked to win it all last year and fell short. These boys are hungry and want to bring another championship home. I expect a hard-hitting, tough ballgame but my gut feeling is that SP is at least 2-3 tds better than UC.

Congrats to both teams on making it. I don't know anything about SP so I'll be going with UC and that power-house running back #27. Good luck to both teams on their travels and a injury free game.

Just wondering for a FF. How many kids do each of these schools have and how many usually want to play football...just wondering.

We have 123 boys in our school and 43 of them play football....#27 will not break 125 yards for the whole game....I think if we can hold him to that or less we win by 2 td's

It is good to see that not all UC fans are like the last one that posted ignorant info. We do not recruit. Our players are from families that have lived in SP for generations....that is why we have had good teams for so many years. Many SP graduates have gone on to professional careers.

UC has been to the title game several times without winning it all. Pirate fans that have been around awhile know how that feels.....we were runner-ups in 85 and 86. Since then, SP has gotten over the hump with championships in 1994, 1999, and 2007. I know that UC is hungry, but these Pirates are too. We were picked to win it all last year and fell short. These boys are hungry and want to bring another championship home. I expect a hard-hitting, tough ballgame but my gut feeling is that SP is at least 2-3 tds better than UC.

Thats right 94 Pirate.....it will take more than a run game to beat SP....I believe Boyd is better than Union City and we did a great job with their line and I would imagine Boyd's line was much bigger than Union Citys as well.....Bottom line...Union City welcome to the danger zone...strap it up...and bring it.....All parents better tell their sons to keep their heads on a swivel because when you least expect it....BOOM...there goes someone flipping upside down and losing a helmet....It happened probably ten times the other night for Grace...These boys are angry and want some of the veer :D

Good post. Congrats to SP and UC for getting this far.

I know nothing about Union City other than a couple of our coaches said a couple of weeks ago that they are the real deal. So no matter what our fans think (and I hope the ones predicting blowouts are right), the coaches are preparing for a tough, hard fought game.

Both teams will be ready and I'm hoping for a good, safe game ... with a Pirate victory of course.

The only thing I don't like is that the stadium will be decorated with Union City colors. We just had to be playing a purple and gold team the year they moved it to Cookeville :D

Man, it's 6:30 Monday morning and it feels like it should be Wednesday already.

Wow, things tend to get out of hand on these treads. I just wish we would all remember that these young men play this great game. We as adults should respect them first. Crap about kids not going on leading productive lives it just that. What a wonderful place these young men and coaches have put both of the communities in is what this is all about. The gold-ball is what they both seek. Trash talking has it's place to some degree. Humility does as well. This should be a great game. Let's keep things in perspective. it doesn't cost a thing to be respectful of one another. These are some the best kids that we have produced on and off the field at SP. I'm sure the folks at UC feel the same. The blood is boiling,and the pots have been stirred. Keep it real. Can't wait until friday.