Maryville's Philip Juhlin

Rebs0908

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellers let me say this abowt Phil....He iz tha best dual threat QB two play at Mairvul cents Tommy Beavur inn 1970....And eye wood flip a coin betwist tham two.....He iz tuffer than a Waffull Howse stake....He 'specially showed that last weak aftur gettin' dinged inn practuss last Tuesdee....He iz a competitor and haz emproved so much inn hiz carear....Butt eye thank tha best thang abowt Phil iz he's a TEAM playur and iz moore worried abowt brangin that Gold Ball back two 825 Lawrence than enny thang else..... :D

I have been viewing CoachT for a long time. Let me start by saying that my kids have long graduated from Maryville High School, so I naturally am not entirely passionate about this argument. However, it is still essential that I report possibly the most preposterous injustice I have ever seen in high school football. Philip Juhlin is not going to win Mr. Football in Tennessee--nor was even on the final ballot. Talking to numerous Maryville faithfuls, Philip is no doubt one of the best (if not the best quarterback) that Maryville has ever had. Many observers would rather field Juhlin (because of his versatility) over previous Mr. Football winner, Brent Burnette.

It is an absolute crime that a player so talented is being denied credit. Maryville is playing in the 6A state championship this weekend, and you don't play in a 6A State Championship without talented players. GQ is an offensive genius, yes, but he has some great kids who deserve credit as well.

Maryville players who deserve to be on the All-Star team:

Philip Juhlin (QB)

Lee Bristol (DB)

Numerous others deserve to be All-State as well.

Can someone please post Philip's stats?

Here's the link for stats: http://stats.prepxtra.com/football/boys ... 2009-2010/

Mr. Julhlin is a fine football player and a fine quaterback as well. I could def. see him playing at the next level. An it is a shame that he was not invited to play in the east/west All-Star game, at least one player from Maryville should have been! I can say based on the over-all success that Juhlin and his team had this season, he should have been a finalist for Mr. Football. I have no clue what they base their decision on when it comes to picking the 3 finalist, but he def. had the type of season to be considered. I am a Clinton fan, and had the privilage of watching Darion Stone play for the past 3 seasons, he got the honor of being a finalist and should have been. The other players didn't have great stats so stone should win, but I can see why Maryville fans would want Juhlin in the mix, he should be! But I have seen Maryville play and Clinton, and not saying this because I am a Clinton fan, I love football and respect all players but I feel Stone is just a little bit better than Julhlin. I base my statement on arm strengh, and the ablility to run. Stone is stronger at both. Where Julhin has the edge on stone is leadership on the field. He is really a field general out there, and your head coach is a great offensive coach and runs a great system.

I just wanted to say that I made my first ever trip to Maryville Friday night and came away blown away by not only Juhlin's play but also the entire Maryville program. Your kids/coaches play with alot of class.

As for Juhlin, I told the people I was sitting around that his performace Friday night was one of the best I had seen from a High School QB.

Can you tell me if anybody is looking at this kid? I believe he has an enormous upside!!!

Good luck Saturday night!

As a former player and long time fan, I think Philip is the best overall QB Maryville has had in a long time. Cade who initially went to play for the old ball coach at South Carolina is my second pick, he didn't have the size (weight) but had great vision and ability to get the ball to the open reciever. Philip can get the ball where it needs to go and he runs the ball very well. If he does not get offered from a D1 school I can see him walking on to a big time program and taking 2-3 yrs to develop into a great QB. He certanly has the leadership mentality and under the right system he would be a very succesful QB.

As a former player and long time fan, I think Philip is the best overall QB Maryville has had in a long time. Cade who initially went to play for the old ball coach at South Carolina is my second pick, he didn't have the size (weight) but had great vision and ability to get the ball to the open reciever. Philip can get the ball where it needs to go and he runs the ball very well. If he does not get offered from a D1 school I can see him walking on to a big time program and taking 2-3 yrs to develop into a great QB. He certanly has the leadership mentality and under the right system he would be a very succesful QB.

Call me crazy but I believe Toki McCray is ahead of both of them, they are nice QB's and winners, but Toki McCray was better.

Mr. Julhlin is a fine football player and a fine quaterback as well. I could def. see him playing at the next level. An it is a shame that he was not invited to play in the east/west All-Star game, at least one player from Maryville should have been! I can say based on the over-all success that Juhlin and his team had this season, he should have been a finalist for Mr. Football. I have no clue what they base their decision on when it comes to picking the 3 finalist, but he def. had the type of season to be considered. I am a Clinton fan, and had the privilage of watching Darion Stone play for the past 3 seasons, he got the honor of being a finalist and should have been. The other players didn't have great stats so stone should win, but I can see why Maryville fans would want Juhlin in the mix, he should be! But I have seen Maryville play and Clinton, and not saying this because I am a Clinton fan, I love football and respect all players but I feel Stone is just a little bit better than Julhlin. I base my statement on arm strengh, and the ablility to run. Stone is stronger at both. Where Julhin has the edge on stone is leadership on the field. He is really a field general out there, and your head coach is a great offensive coach and runs a great system.

I respect your opinion and can see how a lot of people , including scouts , would agree with you . I'll give you the arm strength , no doubt , and a slight edge on athleticism , but there's 2 other areas that I think Juhlin Is ahead of Stone and that's accuracy and game management . I've seen both of them play a lot too and because of Juhlin's accuracy I would take him first . I'm talking about a high school QB , not college , I could easily see the recruiters drooling over Stone when he drills one 70 yds on a rope ... you can't teach that . With fine tuning Stone could make a great College QB , so i'll give you your pick of Stone if you're basing it on future potential . Both are great High School QB's .

Instances like these are why the TSSAA needs to have Mr Football finalists for all 6 classes and not group them together b/c in my opinion some very deserving young men are going to get left out.

I believe the TSSAA has it backwards....I think they should have 3 maybe 4 playoff classifications and 6 classifications for allstate, mr. Football, etc. That way we wouldn't see the occasional 2 win 8 loss team get into the playoffs. I thought when there were 3 classifications the competition was much better. JMHO. Back to the subject....Juhlin deserved serious consideration.