Grace Christian Rams 2010

utvolzfan

Tonight we watched Grace play West in their spring game. I tell you people what....whether or not you love them or hate them, Grace looked outstanding!...Teams in this state should thank the almighty God that they ARE on probation because they wouldn't stand a chance this year! A 1A team shouldn't make a 5A team look that stupid BUT they did! Great job Grace!

When you are able to draw from several large schools around you, you shouldn't be classified as a 1a school. My guess is ,by the time they get off probation, they'll be moved up a clas or 2. Any 1a school in a place as big as Knoxville should run over everyone. Not all that hard.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Referring to a previous post, Rockwood and Harriman are not dropping Grace in football. Have two year contracts in football. Have to play all teams in region for playoff seeding purposes. Rockwood, Harriman and Greenback are not playing Grace in basketball. Do not have to play all teams in your district for basketball. Especially one that is ineligible for post season. But again Rockwood and Harriman will play Grace in football. Do not think you will see a protest in the form of a forfeit.

It always takes West till about midseason to get going. I'd say West would handle Grace in the middle of the season mainly because of depth, the size of the schools, athletes, etc.; HOWEVER, Grace handled West the other day. They aren't a typical 1A team! :thumb: They must feel terrible about being on probation. Good luck to the Rams this season.

We havent ever lost to that bunch fair and sqaure. We got a win in playoffs against them this year because they use ilegal players. So Sunbright beat Grace. Wonder if paper will give us another win?

Would you really want to be "given" a win that you didn't earn on the field?

The TSSAA doesn't award forfeits in these types of situations. The wins are "vacated" by the team being punished, but the losing team isn't awarded a win. It's as the game never happened for the team being punished, but it doesn't change the outcome - win or loss - for the opponents.

We havent ever lost to that bunch fair and sqaure. We got a win in playoffs against them this year because they use ilegal players. So Sunbright beat Grace. Wonder if paper will give us another win?

The TSSAA doesn't award forfeits in these types of situations. The wins are "vacated" by the team being punished, but the losing team isn't awarded a win. It's as the game never happened for the team being punished, but it doesn't change the outcome - win or loss - for the opponents.

Yes we want to be given that win because they had an unfair avantage. We play by the rules.

Yes we want to be given that win because they had an unfair avantage. We play by the rules.

Each to his own, but being given a win and earning one are two totally different things, and being given a win doesn't earn any respect. I don't have a dog in the Grace hunt, but I would hope that you would feel the same way if anything every happens that the team you support uses an illegal player and has to vacate wins. Never say never, because everybody plays by the rules until they get caught breaking one, intentionally or unintentionally.

Now that we have about 30 pages of South Pitt, Harriman, Sunbright, Cloudland, Greenback, Rockwood etc. comments and viewpoints on our program and the TSSAA penalties I would like to suggest that we return this thread to a discussion of what I originally started it for and that is a discussion of Grace Rams 2010 football. We all understand the penalties and the viewpoints of other 1A schools in our region. I appreciated the West fans comments following our spring time scrimmage. Nice to actually talk football. I still think it's too early to tell how strong Grace will be in 2010. Several 8th graders will make an impact. The running game looks pretty good but we may have a new unproven QB. #3 Waters who was all-district at OLB as a frosh may be playing safety not LB. Hmmm Should be a good summer of workouts for the young men. Go Rams.