Grace Christian Rams 2010

utvolzfan

I agree with the person that said most of the people at Grace are honest, hard working people. Unfortunately those aren't the people running the sports programs. the ones in charge of athletics are the ones giving the school/church a bad name. Grace probably just needs to get rid of a couple of people and everything will be fine. the problem is it sounds like the ones in charge have convinced their followers that it was an honest mistake and that's a load of bull.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard through the grapevine that Rockwood and Harriman are planning to drop Grace for the next two seasons since the game only counts towards overall record and that Rockwood is even looking to add another game for those two seasons. Any truth to this?

I seriously doubt that the TSSAA will let them do that. They require a school play everybody in their district, even if a school isn't eligible for post season.

I thought the same thing. But, my source says they are thinking about taking the forfeit as a type of protest. Ah, who knows.

That wouldn't be very smart, because that game still counts as a win or a loss for those schools. Forfeit the game and it could cost a school a playoff berth with the new wild card system in effect

I heard through the grapevine that Rockwood and Harriman are planning to drop Grace for the next two seasons since the game only counts towards overall record and that Rockwood is even looking to add another game for those two seasons. Any truth to this?

:blush: ........I wouldn't think we would have a choice......tho i'm really clueless as to what the rule would be with it being a district game and all....Frankly.....i wouldn't want to do it

Well i must put in my take on this and i work with a guy that said this has been going on since back in at least 2004 his son played there and he watched and listened has to what went on and his son was one that had tution paid for along with a few others so it not like it is something that has just happened in the last year or so and the way people have been treated (well it is like the old saying what goes around comes around and Grace it is coming around )

sorry if this has been brought up already... Can the kids who are still in the program leave without penalty? It would suck greatly for kids to leave, but only seems fair if the school makes a decision that penalizes a kid who is trying to play competitively at the high school level...you only have one high school career!

No, Kids currently in the program can't leave without sitting a year unless the parent moves residence more than 20miles from Grace's school grounds.(It's a bit more detailed than that but that is the jist of the rule to my understanding)..Additionally, a "hardship" situation can be granted for immediate eligibility but those situations are rare and probably would only be applicable to a couple of players if they chose to try to get the hardship waiver approved. Believe me this has been thouroughly explored.

Tonight we watched Grace play West in their spring game. I tell you people what....whether or not you love them or hate them, Grace looked outstanding!...Teams in this state should thank the almighty God that they ARE on probation because they wouldn't stand a chance this year! A 1A team shouldn't make a 5A team look that stupid BUT they did! Great job Grace!