Grace Christian Rams 2010

utvolzfan

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are funny. Are all the good players from Grace sticking with the program? Sorry but it would be hard for me to pay to go to a school for football and not have a chance to make the play-offs. If I were a junior this up-coming season and I felt I had a chance to play at the next level, I would be out of there. No play-offs equals less exposure!

You guys are funny. Are all the good players from Grace sticking with the program? Sorry but it would be hard for me to pay to go to a school for football and not have a chance to make the play-offs. If I were a junior this up-coming season and I felt I had a chance to play at the next level, I would be out of there. No play-offs equals less exposure!

The problem is that it's not that easy to just go elsewhere. In order for a student to be eligible to participate in varsity sports at another school if they have partcipated already at Grace without sitting for 12 months would be to either prove that their financial situation has changed, making it a hardship to pay the tuition, or they would have to physically move 30 miles or more away from Grace. As I understand it, under the financial hardship option the student could only participate at the public school that they are zoned for.

Either way, a wavier has to be issued by the TSSAA, who, in this situation, would certainly verify either the financial hardship or the move.

ALL THE GOOD PLAYERS ARE STAYING BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS ABOUT MORE THAN A RING. IT'S ABOUT PRIDE. THEY ARE GCA RAMS....SOME GREW UP FROM KINDERGARTEN ON IN THAT SCHOOL AND THAT'S ALL THEY KNOW. IT'S ABOUT BROTHERHOOD. THEY KNOW IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO TO STAY. TO SHOW EVERYONE THAT JUST BECAUSE THE PROGRAM WAS HIT WITH A PENALTY THEY STILL WANT TO SHOW EVERYONE THAT THEY ARE THE BEST 1A TEAM IN THE STATE. WHEN, AND I SAY WHEN, THEY GO 10-0 THIS YEAR WHOEVER WINS THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP WILL ONLY BE A PAPER CHAMPION. YOU GUYS AND EVERYONE ELSE WILL KNOW WHOEVER WINS ONLY WON BECAUSE GRACE CAN'T BE THERE. AND AS FAR AS "EXPOSURE" CLASSOF2002, AT THERE SPRING SCRIMMAGE, CARSON NEWMAN, TUSC., MTSU AND I BELIEVE WESTERN KENTUCKY WAS THERE SCOUTING ABOUT 5 GRACE JR'S AND A COUPLE OF SR'S SO I THINK THEY WILL BE JUST FINE. THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN THAT RING. AND IF THEY DO TRANSFER THEY WOULD HAVE TO GO TO ALCOA OR MARYVILLE TO EVEN BE ABLE TO SAY THEY HAVE AT LEAST A 90% CHANCE OF WINNING ONE ANYWAYS!...IF THEY GO TO KARNS, OR POWELL OR CLINTON, WHO'S TO SAY THEY ARE GOING TO WIN ONE? WHO'S TO SAY THEY ARE EVEN GOING TO HAVE A WINNING SEASON?...AT GRACE THEY KNOW 10-0 IS ALL BUT IN THE BAG. 9-1 AT THE WORST!...THAT'S A GUARANTEE!

LOL. TNVOL ill give you alot of credit, you are all about your Grace Christian Rams. A die hard fan, and those type of fans are always nice to have around. But you say winning a ring is not what its all about? Well your wrong about that one. Thats the main reason you play, to make the play-offs and compete for a championship, not go 10-0 and say "I played for Grace Christian and Coach Mckamey". And Im sorry but Grace is no where near the best team in 1A. Sorry but you play in a very weak District, and have an advantage over all your opponents because of the school, and every year you make it to the play-offs, you lose in blow-out fashion to way better teams. So when I asked my question, I made a very good point believe me. Scouts really watch how kids perform in the play-offs, and not being able to go hurts the athlete. Remember that, "its all about the RING". Just tell South Pitt or who ever wins the Ring this season that they want no part of the Grace Rams, you proved that the last two seasons in the play-offs.

The problem is that it's not that easy to just go elsewhere. In order for a student to be eligible to participate in varsity sports at another school if they have partcipated already at Grace without sitting for 12 months would be to either prove that their financial situation has changed, making it a hardship to pay the tuition, or they would have to physically move 30 miles or more away from Grace.

Shouldn't be too hard to prove your financial situation has changed if the tuition is not paid for some of these guys. As for tnvols and his paper champion line, he makes it sound like GCA will be the best champion that never was. Championships are won on the field. Whoever wins that championship "on the field" will be the true and rightful champion. It is ashamed that some folks over there have drank the Kool-aide and will lie and cheat to win at any cost. Be sure your sins will find you out.

TO SHOW EVERYONE THAT JUST BECAUSE THE PROGRAM WAS HIT WITH A PENALTY THEY STILL WANT TO SHOW EVERYONE THAT THEY ARE THE BEST 1A TEAM IN THE STATE. WHEN, AND I SAY WHEN, THEY GO 10-0 THIS YEAR WHOEVER WINS THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP WILL ONLY BE A PAPER CHAMPION. YOU GUYS AND EVERYONE ELSE WILL KNOW WHOEVER WINS ONLY WON BECAUSE GRACE CAN'T BE THERE.

Yea Right....57-13...at your house!

ALL THE GOOD PLAYERS ARE STAYING BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS ABOUT MORE THAN A RING. IT'S ABOUT PRIDE. THEY ARE GCA RAMS....SOME GREW UP FROM KINDERGARTEN ON IN THAT SCHOOL AND THAT'S ALL THEY KNOW. IT'S ABOUT BROTHERHOOD. THEY KNOW IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO TO STAY. TO SHOW EVERYONE THAT JUST BECAUSE THE PROGRAM WAS HIT WITH A PENALTY THEY STILL WANT TO SHOW EVERYONE THAT THEY ARE THE BEST 1A TEAM IN THE STATE. WHEN, AND I SAY WHEN, THEY GO 10-0 THIS YEAR WHOEVER WINS THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP WILL ONLY BE A PAPER CHAMPION. YOU GUYS AND EVERYONE ELSE WILL KNOW WHOEVER WINS ONLY WON BECAUSE GRACE CAN'T BE THERE. AND AS FAR AS "EXPOSURE" CLASSOF2002, AT THERE SPRING SCRIMMAGE, CARSON NEWMAN, TUSC., MTSU AND I BELIEVE WESTERN KENTUCKY WAS THERE SCOUTING ABOUT 5 GRACE JR'S AND A COUPLE OF SR'S SO I THINK THEY WILL BE JUST FINE. THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN THAT RING. AND IF THEY DO TRANSFER THEY WOULD HAVE TO GO TO ALCOA OR MARYVILLE TO EVEN BE ABLE TO SAY THEY HAVE AT LEAST A 90% CHANCE OF WINNING ONE ANYWAYS!...IF THEY GO TO KARNS, OR POWELL OR CLINTON, WHO'S TO SAY THEY ARE GOING TO WIN ONE? WHO'S TO SAY THEY ARE EVEN GOING TO HAVE A WINNING SEASON?...AT GRACE THEY KNOW 10-0 IS ALL BUT IN THE BAG. 9-1 AT THE WORST!...THAT'S A GUARANTEE!

The arrogance and lack of accountability at this school is unbelievable! Not only do they post garbage such as the above, they continue to advertise all their "VACATED" 2009 football season accomplishments on their school website. And to boot, they held a sports banquet this past weekend and passed out trophies. What message exactly were they trying to send the kids by rewarding them for something never legally earned? I guarantee if another school functioned illegally for the last 4 years and kept GCA out of the post season, Grace would be crying for blood. The attached link shows how GCA affected at least 2 schools in the area with their illegal play, and there are many more who were denied opportunities because of GCA's actions. I'm sure there are several athletes who missed out on college scholarships in being denied the opportunity to be seen by scouts at a state tournament they should have participated in, but were denied that opportunity by GCA's illagal actions. The school should be asking for forgiveness, not spewing arrogant comments such as the above!

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/ ... p?ID=75428

Let me ask this....how many of you have a state championship ring from when you played?...how many don't?...those that do, if you look at you entire life, was that the most important, the most shining, the one single moment in you life that mattered the most and was that the best it ever got for you?...those that did not, are you okay?...have you had a good life so far?...any problems attained from not receiving that championship?...didn't think so. and all of you that did get one and say "yes" to all those questions then it would suck to be you cause if that's the crowning achievement in you life you my friend are a sad and lonely individual. And once again, scouts DO NOT only come to playoff games...if you are good enough they WILL notice and begin the process of recruitment. Just ask Hazelhurst....no playoffs for him last year...but was still VERY MUCH noticed!