Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

It seems "Otis" has been removed from these boards. I am not positive it was him but fairly sure. I don't think anyone would have reported him because we have our own way of dealing with these situations. I hate to see that happen to anyone but his posts were a bit south of the border. Yes, I as well as others are maybe just as guilty in lateral ways. I feel sure it was his intended profanity that sealed the deal. I guess our moderators found their limit and he will be an example to us as to what is over the line. I guess we knew that in the first place. I guess some blogs are anything goes but in spite of everything we obviously hold a respect for each other and bring our blood on the field. Otis, you have my condolences. Batman, was he an Indian football Dad? Or step Dad?

It seems "Otis" has been removed from these boards. I am not positive it was him but fairly sure. I don't think anyone would have reported him because we have our own way of dealing with these situations. I hate to see that happen to anyone but his posts were a bit south of the border. Yes, I as well as others are maybe just as guilty in lateral ways. I feel sure it was his intended profanity that sealed the deal. I guess our moderators found their limit and he will be an example to us as to what is over the line. I guess we knew that in the first place. I guess some blogs are anything goes but in spite of everything we obviously hold a respect for each other and bring our blood on the field. Otis, you have my condolences. Batman, was he an Indian football Dad? Or step Dad?

I don't know but I understood what he was doing.However,as I tried to tell him,some things you don't do at sometimes or never.Much like the poster a year or two ago that was saying terrible things about DB and it's students with a wide brush. I got fighting mad because I had a fine young man that went to school there and know many fine young men and girls that he went to school with.Bad apples are at every school and work place,but you just can't mix us all together.Since I didn't know who it was for sure,I didn't pull out all the stops,but tried to help them understand that people were still hurting and you don't want to taint the West game with stuff we can sling at each other the rest of the year.I'm still on the grave yards and hope I wrote this the way I meant it.

I don't know but I understood what he was doing.However,as I tried to tell him,some things you don't do at sometimes or never.Much like the poster a year or two ago that was saying terrible things about DB and it's students with a wide brush. I got fighting mad because I had a fine young man that went to school there and know many fine young men and girls that he went to school with.Bad apples are at every school and work place,but you just can't mix us all together.Since I didn't know who it was for sure,I didn't pull out all the stops,but tried to help them understand that people were still hurting and you don't want to taint the West game with stuff we can sling at each other the rest of the year.I'm still on the grave yards and hope I wrote this the way I meant it.

His profile is still active so I guess he is still with us.

Well, it seems that Washington County is fixing to take a large step backwards in its athletic programs. In order to meet the budget, the director of schools cut both AD's in the county, part of the grounds crew, and every single coaching supplement except for basketball and football. Rumors are going around that every program will be cut county wide except those that can support themselves. Gotta feel bad for the hard working coaches who don't get anything out of it. Heck, the only state championships that Boone has is in cross country and track, and with rumors that they might be gone...who knows.

Hey, Washington County doesn't have any money....seems like they should take some hints from Johnson City about allocating money. Sad day when all this stuff has to get cut. I dunno what to think about that.

Well, it seems that Washington County is fixing to take a large step backwards in its athletic programs. In order to meet the budget, the director of schools cut both AD's in the county, part of the grounds crew, and every single coaching supplement except for basketball and football. Rumors are going around that every program will be cut county wide except those that can support themselves. Gotta feel bad for the hard working coaches who don't get anything out of it. Heck, the only state championships that Boone has is in cross country and track, and with rumors that they might be gone...who knows.

Hey, Washington County doesn't have any money....seems like they should take some hints from Johnson City about allocating money. Sad day when all this stuff has to get cut. I dunno what to think about that.

I may be wrong,but on the other side of the county,didn't Crockett win some state titles in baseball as well.I know they had some great teams over the years.Maybe a couple speed cameras like Bluff City uses can be put up on 26 for out of town donations that would go to your schools and needed projects. :thumb:

Edited by BatmanDB

I may be wrong,but on the other side of the county,didn't Crockett win some state titles in baseball as well.I know they had some great teams over the years.Maybe a couple speed cameras like Bluff City uses can be put up on 26 for out of town donations that would go to your schools and needed projects. :thumb:

Jonesborough already added some cameras a year ago I think. Who knows where that money goes. And that is a good point about Crockett, they did produce a state championship in baseball. It just seems like there are extremes....either too much or no money goes into athletics. I can understand wanting to cut grounds crews, as for years it was done...but still you reach a point where you want money put in for Washington County to be more competitive....but it just can't happen. Cutting ALLLLLL sports programs...it all stems to the opening of two elementary schools that essentially did not have great timing at all.

What happens to a school system where there aren't any sports for other people to play? Softball went to the TSSAA playoffs and won a game. Soccer has been competitive over the years, Volleyball used to be pretty good, track and cross country always have good athletes, etc etc. Hard to say where the right balance lies...but I don't like athletics getting cut.

That is sad FB for kids to have to do like traveling teams ,to be able to compete in a public school sport.Like I was watching on the news last night,where we spent two million dollars to study ants in Africa.Billions have been wasted by our government for years when regular joes and their kids have to do without.

That's to bad FB. I hate to hear that. That just means the other sports will just have to work harder at fund raising within the individual sports. I think that at most schools, football and basketball are self supporters. I am an old Boone player/graduate from back in the day. And moving to the city, we are blessed with more money, but we still fund raise. I feel for you all. There is still a lot of money in Gray, Jonesborough, Sulphur Springs and surrounding areas. Just need to try and encourage people to help support the local school. Although my kids are all Toppers, I still have a fondness for my old red and gold.