Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

Well I am deeply apologetic for not doing this earlier. All the attention from this game is getting put on the post game incident and not the game itself. Lawrence County Senior Kyle Brink led the Wildcats to a victory with his 24 points. It is sad when a great game from a great guy gets overlooked.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LCHS student section should not be punished, even though they were extremely out of hand by storming an opposing teams court. The LCHS admin. staff should be all that gets punished. But like when Ron Artest went in the stands a couple years back. PLayers stay on the floor, and the fans stay in the stands. Its common sense, stay where you are meant to be.

What are the rules regarding a coach getting a T in the game and then one after? I would think he would have to sit out the next game?? Apparently not since he is coaching tonight!

I was not at the game since I have no ties to either school. Reading this thread it is apparent that Andrews did hit a a LCHS student. Why then would the Shelbyville administration allow him to play tonight? He got in a fight on school property! What would be the punishment if it happened during the school day? I would think that since this is a school function that the punishment should be the same....as it should for all students throwing punches that attend either school.

Clay you have no idea even what you are saying. Coach Thomas was in Shelbyville tonight as his assistant coaches stepped to the plate in his absence.

If I am not mistaken when twilley was ejected for a foul last year, andrews was tackled on the floor and no foul was called, in time a nose got busted and KT pulled Andrews from the game..

This all sounds to me that all the blame here is pointed to EA.. With that being said, is it suspicious to me or does anyone else find it bothersome that the folks at LCHS are trying to find ways to end a career of a great athlete??? Come on guys let it be.... you finally beat Shelbyville, great job.. but act like you have won before...

Now, I was there and I saw neither EA or any other player from SCHS "Go into the stands".. They did not have to go into the stands. The fans were on the court around the players...And i'm sure that the fans from LCHS, "that has never cussed or said a bad thing to another player", let the best player that they face walk right by them without one snide remark... come on, quit being so naive....

Was EA in the wrong for being upset when someone tossed water on him and calling him an ethiopien??? As far as I'm concerned he was just fighting back on what he knew what was about to happen... what?? you have about 50-60 fans all harrassing our players on the floor, that the players are only supposed to be on, and not feel anxious at all..

As far as the cheerleader im sorry that she was upset, but in the mix of all the charging the floor she was probably knocked down by her own "FANS"....KT would never push a kid to the floor on purpose.. and if you believe that then well you don't know KT at all...

I do understand that beating Shelbyville on their homecourt has to be the biggest thrill of your lifetime, but guys, at some point in your life you need to remove the plank from your eye instead of trying to remove the sawdust from mine...

Well I am deeply apologetic for not doing this earlier. All the attention from this game is getting put on the post game incident and not the game itself. Lawrence County Senior Kyle Brink led the Wildcats to a victory with his 24 points. It is sad when a great game from a great guy gets overlooked.

Thank You!! someone finally recognizes what GREAT game was played by the Lawrence County. Kyle hit all of the "bogus" technical foul freethrows to seal the deal for Lawrence county in the end. For everyone who is wining about the technicals given and the referees: I have been to hundreds of basketball games and maybe seen 10 t's called in my life. I was not at the game, but I have talked to many who were, and maybe some people can back me up on this, but whatever Technicals were called were well deserved. It sounded like the Eagles were playing like a bunch of babies, which apparently is a common theme in Shelbyville, a bunch of winy babies. You lost, and you couldn't handle it. SORE losers. I'd rather be white trash and whatever else SCHS's principal slandered LC with than whatever you want to call everyone who is involved with Shelbyville. Once again, congrats to the Lawrence County players.